• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,724 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,724

PreviousChapters Next
Chariotloo

“So... uh...” I stirred in the back of the chariot, sharing room with bags of mulch while the wind blew in my face. “Why the yellow apron?”

Instantly, Rainbow Dash winced. Nevertheless, she put on a brave smirk and spoke against the whipping air. “Well, Scoots, you see... uhm... when a pony and a bank account love each other very much—”

“Heehee... I know you fly deliveries for Banner Company, Rainbow.”

“Oh, you do?”

“Yeah. I see you trot in and out the warehouse entrance—like—every week.”

“Is that so?” She turned her head and looked at me over her shoulder. “That's early in the mornings.”

“I know.”

“Shouldn't you be scooting your flank to school around that time in the day?”

I grimaced, avoiding her ruby-eyed gaze. “Y-yes, well... eheheh...”

“Not that I can blame you for wanting to steal a glance of my awesomeness every once and a while—even if it isn't exactly exciting...”

“What? You kidding?!” I leaned forward in the chariot, smiling. “Everything about your life is exciting, Rainbow!”

“Don't lean forward in a moving chariot, kiddo. For realsies.”

I sat back, my hooves planted against the floor. “Sorry.”

“Don't be sorry. Just be safe. Ahem.” Rainbow Dash flew us over treetops and glided along the fringes of a forest. “All I'm trying to say is—I know it's boring and maybe even lame at times, what with all the numbers and letters and history books n'crap—but that school stuff? You''ll wanna stick with that through the long haul. Trust me.”

“Right. Sure thing, Rainbow. But it's not really all that bad!” I smiled. “Miss Cheerilee is really really cool and she's got lots of interesting stuff to teach us all!”

“Well, great. 'Cuz the last thing I'd want you to do is skip out before you have a chance to finish all that learning.”

“Uh... right. I wouldn't ever do that.” I raised an eyebrow. “What makes you think I would?”

“Oh. Uhm. Nothing. Eheh...” Rainbow Dash's wings flapped as she carried us further towards the horizon. “You're a bright kid, Scoots. Don't ever forget that. And whatever you do, don't give up—especially when the going gets tough and your head starts to hurt from all the information. You'll find that going the distance is super, super cool. Like an endurance run!”

“Wow! You really know everything about everything, don'tcha Rainbow Dash?”

“Heh... if you only knew.”

“If I only knew what?”

“Tell me something, kiddo. Is that a new scooter of yours or did you get a paintjob recently?”

“What, this? Pffft. I built it.”

“Get out of town! Did you really?”

“Uh... yeah? Why's that so weird?”

“Not weird—it's awesome!”

I blinked, feeling my heart skip a beat. “It is?”

“What I wouldn't give to build stuff like that when I was your age.”

“Pfft... It's just a scooter.”

“Nuh uh. It's your scooter! You do totally sick tricks on that thing that put all the other foals to shame! And now I learn that you've built it?” Rainbow Dash smirked over her shoulder. “That shows me you're not just a pony who's skilled at what she does, but she's dead-set on being the best she can be at it!”

“Heh... heheheheheh...” I hugged myself, giggling uncontrollably. I smiled through burning cheeks. “It's just something I like to do...”

“Then stick with it, cuz it works for ya, kid.”

“Hey!” I leaned forward again—caught myself—and sat back on my haunches obediently. “You think I'll earn a cutie mark in scooter-building?”

“Beats the heck out of me. But whatever you do get, I'm sure it'll blow pony minds from here to Gallipdor.”

“Where's Gallipdor?”

“I dunno. I just made it up.”

“Heeheehee...”

“But for real, kid. Don't stress the whole cutie mark thing. Just stick to doing what you like and what you're good at and the magic will happen on its own.”

“You really think so?”

“Scoots, I know so.”

“Cooool...” I smiled. A few seconds, and I slyly grinned. “You still didn't explain why you're wearing the yellow apron.”

“Er... I was hoping you'd forget that.”

“Well?”

“This thing?” Rainbow Dash tugged at the article with a hoof. “Eh... I made it.”

I blinked. “For real?”

“Pfft. No. Just pulling your leg.”

“Heeheeheehee—Rainbowwwwww...

“Heh heh heh heh...” She took a deep breath and spread her wings out in a glide. “Hold on tight, kid.” I obeyed her as we gently descended towards a cottage located on the northeast edge of the forest below. “I think we've about reached our destination.”

PreviousChapters Next