• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,722 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,722

PreviousChapters Next
The Most Dangerous Game part three

"Okay, AJ." Rainbow Dash grinned at the mare to her right. "Never have I ever..."

Fluttershy waited with bated breath.

The other girls stared across the camp fire.

Rainbow Dash finished: "...nuzzled somepony and then regretted it."

"OooOooOooh!" Pinkie, Rarity, and Twilight Sparkle cooed.

"Sorry, sugarcube." Applejack smirked.

Rainbow Dash blinked. "Buh?"

"Better take a sip of that canteen." The mare winked, folding her forelimbs. "Cuz I never put my freckles where I dun want 'em."

"But... but..." Rainbow blinked. "I don't get it."

"Pffft! What, are ya deaf?" Applejack chuckled. "I make it a habit never to nuzzle another pony unless I absolutely mean to! Wouldn't be proper, now, would it?"

"Uhhhh..."

"You heard her, Dashie!" Pinkie exclaimed. "Drink up!"

"Awwwwwww..." Trixie swatted at the ground. "It'll never be Trixie's turn again!"

Fluttershy stared quietly at Rainbow.

"Mrmmffff..." Rolling her eyes, Rainbow took a sip. She wiped the cider froth off her muzzle. "Thought I was going somewhere with that one."

"Right into my trap. That's where." Applejack pivoted on the log to face her. Her brow furrowed as she spoke: "Now then... never have I ever cheated to get by at flight camp."

"Ohhhhhhhhh..." Twilight squinted out one eye. "Ouch."

Rainbow blinked. Then, with a proud smirk, she sat up straight. "Nope."

Applejack blinked. "Huh?"

"You heard me. Now take a sip."

"But... this here's supposed to be an honest game!"

"Pfffft. AJ please." Rainbow rolled her eyes. "I dropped out of flight camp. I never cheated at it. There's a difference."

"She's... uhm..." Fluttershy coughed. "She's right, you know."

"Drink up, ya haybilly!" Rainbow stuck a tongue out.

"Mrmmmfff..." Applejack took a sip. Wiping her muzzle, she squinted at the mare to her left. "Bet yer cheatin' now, ya varmint."

"Like I'd make it that easy for you."

"Bring it."

"Alrighty." Rainbow smirked. "Never have I ever wanted my best friend to cheat just so I could out her in front of all the other ponies."

"Hah!" Applejack guffawed. "Like I'm that petty!"

"Well, is it true or isn't it?"

"I only care about the value of tellin' the truth!"

"And I only care about cider!" Rainbow Dash took a sip, keeping her eyes trained on her. "Your turn, sunshine!"

Applejack's eyes narrowed. "Never have I ever been so darn competitive over a silly little thang that I was willing to hurt another pony's feelings after them."

"Drink up."

"Oh for pete's sake—"

"Hey! You said you value the truth! So prove it! Take a sip!"

Applejack did so, keeping her ears trained.

Rainbow Dash didn't wait. "Never have I ever pretended to want to go on a camping trip with my friends when in fact I just wanted to be somewhere else!" She was already drinking when—

"What?!" Applejack snarled in response. "Why, of all the—... Never have I ever taken up a gosh-darn deliverin' job just so I could avoid my friends!" She sipped.

"Never have I ever been taking for granted just how good my farm's been doing as of late!"

"Never have I ever made the weather extra rainy over Sweet Apple Acres just to make things tough for the earth ponies!"

"Never have I ever met a pegasus that didn't annoy me!"

The other mares' eyes darted back and forth between the two.

Applejack grumbled between sips. "Never have I ever considered that maybe Ponyville was beneath m—"

With a snarl, Rainbow Dash held her canteen to her forehead and blurted: "Never have I ever just wanted to buck Stu Leaves in his stupid friggin' face!"

Silence. Crickets and crackling embers.

The other mares stared. Blinking.

Fluttershy bit her lip.

And Applejack...

"Nomf..." She scarfed up a marshmallow from the end of her stick. "Mmmm... fluffy."

Rainbow Dash blinked. She exhaled, ears drooped. "Wait... you..."

"Mrmmff... ya kiddin' me?" Applejack smirked while chewing. "The dang stallion drives me absolutely batty." She gulped. "Just so happens that he's got an awful lot of charm to off-set it." A wink. "Pegasi are silly, winged horses, after all."

Rainbow gulped.

"Full of surprises too. Heh..." Applejack calmly pivoted to her right. "Trixie? I believe it's your turn now."

"Oh? HaHA! Revenge time, Sparkle!"

"Huh..." Rainbow Dash leaned back, hugging herself as the game resumed. "Okay..."

"Okay, Sparkle!" Trixie sat up straight, rubbing her hooves together with a diabolical grin. "Never have I ever—"

PreviousChapters Next