• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,718 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,718

PreviousChapters Next
Appledashery

What is true love?

Is it the kind of love that stays the same no matter what happens? Or is the kind of amorous affection that simply evolves over time, changing based on one's feelings, experiences, and needs?

Rainbow Dash loved Applejack. She still does. None of that can be denied. But was it always the same kind of love that it was when she first felt that righteous flutter in her heart? What was it that made it stronger... richer... more lively?

Life is a strange, silly thing. Even without Rainbow Dash around to show me, I'm certain I would have discovered it on my own. I'm glad, however, that I've always had her around to give an example...

An example of how frightening and exciting life can be, and how it can only temper one's love so that it evolves into something stronger... and dazzling.

And sometimes it's the softest things—as much as the most dramatic—that sets one's heart on a path for good.

PreviousChapters Next