• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,658 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,658

PreviousChapters Next
Preview

Rainbow Dash finished munching on another bite of hay alfredo. Swallowing, she looked across the table at Caramel. "So... uhm... how long does this procedure take?"

"Well, it doesn't happen overnight exactly," Caramel replied. He picked slowly at his food, fidgeting in his seat. "Years ago, when Canterlot physicians first... experimented... they tried doing singular sessions but they proved taxing to both the patient and the surgeons." He delicately cleared his throat. "So these days, instead, they conduct the procedure in sessions... usually four or five of them... spread out across a two week period."

"That..." Bon Bon blinked. "...sounds grueling."

"Yes, it's... very... very intense." Caramel gulped. "And expensive." He looked up with a fragile smile. "But it's okay. I've been... saving up all my adult life, really."

"Heh..." Bon Bon smiled as she dug a fork into her plate. "It's a good thing I'm treating tonight, then."

"Mrmmmfff..." Lyra munched on asparagus. "So what do they do, exactly? Aim a bunch of horn at your crotch and un-junk it?"

"Lyra..." Bon Bon sighed.

"No. For real, though." Lyra raised an eyebrow. "I really wanna know."

"It's okay," Caramel spoke. "She's... not entirely off. The spells are localized at first for the most intense portions of the surgery. Then, towards the last session or two, a high-level transformation spell is applied. The previous sessions' enchantments are triggered, and in the end... a patient comes out completely different than how they first entered the facility."

"Heh... sounds like an adventure and a half," Rainbow Dash remarked. "You nervous?"

Caramel gulped.

"Guess that about answers that."

"I'm... more nervous thinking about a life where I can't be... you know... me." Caramel managed a smile. "It's a tough hurdle... but one I'm willing to cross."

"Yeah, but two weeks?"

"Mmmm... that's just the actual surgery period," Caramel explained. "If somepony's very serious about this, they have to plan for years and then go in for over a month of intense therapy." He softly cleared his throat. "I've been... planning for a long... long time."

"But when it is the surgery period," Bon Bon spoke, blinking in concern. "Just how long will you have to go as... as... uhm..." She fidgeted. "Oh dear..."

"Heh. I know." Caramel nodded. "I find the idea unsettling too. But... as far as I'm concerned... I'll still be who I am on the inside. Even if my outside will be in flux for a little while."

"Must make going to the bathroom real interesting," Rainbow remarked.

"Oh, believe me. There are details. But you wouldn't want to hear about them over dinner."

"No, it's fine, Caramel," Bon Bon said. "Who else are you going to talk about this with?"

"It involves colostomy bags."

Bon Bon dropped her fork, then took a deep sip of her beverage. Afterwards, she exhaled, "I see..."

"I've got one question," Lyra said.

Caramel nodded. "Shoot."

"When all of this is over and done with, and the unicorn magic has prettied you up—inside and out... just how much of those insides can bring something out?"

"... ... ...huh?"

Lyra snapped into another stalk of asparagus and blurted: "Can you get knocked up?"

"Lyra..." Bon Bon rolled her eyes. "Honestly."

"Uhm..." Caramel fidgeted in his seat, eyes on the table. "...the nature of... transformative magic is pretty advanced in our day and age." He gulped. "But not that advanced. From what's been explained to me in multiple doctor's visits... I'll basically look and feel just like you... Bon Bon... Rainbow and Vinyl..." He smiled tenderly. "But that's as far as the magic goes."

"No... complimentary ovaries come with the package?"

"Eheh..." Caramel brushed at his bangs. "Hypothetically speaking, that would involve a donor, and Equestria science isn't ready to experiment with that... either magically or morally." He cleared his throat. "What the surgeons will do is essentially use their magic to reconstitute my organic body into a different shape. It'll be real—from a flesh and blood perspective. But... that's as far as magic can go these days."

"Well, hey..." Lyra shrugged. "Seems like a fair trade-off to me." Lyra winked at Bon Bon. "Bet there are some aspects you'll be glad to not have to deal with."

Caramel's ears drooped as he looked aside.

Lyra blinked. "Really?" She bit her lip. "Damn..."

"I'm not doing this just because I want to fit into a mare's saddle better, Lyra," Caramel said. "Since day one, it's been the wrong glove. And... and I have the opportunity now to make most of it right... but... but not all of it." He sighed. "So, yeah... damn."

Rainbow Dash glanced back and forth. "Well... to Tartarus with all of the melancholic details." She saluted from across the table. "What happens in Las Pegasus stays in Las Pegasus, right?" A wink. "So consider this your way of leaving 'Caramel' behind for good. How's that for a happy thought to fly with?"

Caramel exhaled. "Yeah..." A warm smile crossed his cheeks. "Yeah... that's... pretty happy."

"Just don't leave 'Caramel' lying across the hotel bathroom floor," Lyra droned. "I make a lot of trips to the toilet at night and I don't want to be tripping on something hairy."

"Heh..." Caramel took a sip of his drink. "Stole the words right out of my muzzle."

PreviousChapters Next