• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,724 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,724

PreviousChapters Next
And Throw the Mic

If the heavens hadn't been pierced before, they were parting now by the nasally missiles being thrown skyward from the throat of Svengallop.

"Haah haah haah haah haah!" He brayed, mane flouncing.

Ponyvilleans citizens fidgeted awkwardly.

Rainbow Dash merely raised an eyebrow.

"Duaaaaaaah!" Svengallop inhaled, then gaped down at the pegasus. "Are you serious?! Are you actually so deranged... so insipidly stupid to believe that you can somehow defeat my client—the undefeated marathon champion Brick Lesneigh?!"

"She's not stupid!" I stammered, cheeks puffing angrily. "She's Rainbow Dash! The fastest pegasus in Equestria!"

"Well, her muzzle may like to run fast!" Svengallop fumbled through a yawn. "But that won't get her anywhere in the big leagues. Ya hear that, lady?" His nostrils flared as he pointed from the stage. "You're going to need the legs of a hydra attached to that petite little blue tube body of yours if you even think that you can even remotely keep up with the pace of my client out in the field!"

"What, is your precious client too cowardly to accept my challenge on his own?" Rainbow said.

Brick Lesneigh opened his muzzle—

"Heeeeeeeey now..." Svengallop trotted in front of him. "You can't just waltz up and insult my client like that! He has more talent and dignity in his left ear then you have in your whole body! Hmmmf! Even with ten of you all strapped together and pumping your legs, you still wouldn't be able to make a dent in my client's track record! Hell, look at you! If you ran full-force into Brick Lesneigh's bicep, he wouldn't even feel the slightest pinprick!"

"Well." Rainbow Dash smirked. "As the king of little pricks, I can understand how you wouldn't know a thing or two about charisma."

The crowd chanted, smiling at one another.

Slowly... like glaciers melting... Svengallop's grin faded. He inhaled fumingly. "Alright then. If that's the way you wanna do it... go ahead and sign up!"

"Dude, I already d—"

"But you'll be signing the death warrant of your athletic career!" Svengallop pointed. "Mark my words! The moment you stupidly decided to open your muzzle and put your integrity on the line in the face of my client's indomitable greatness, you gave up any chance of anypony respecting you ever! Not that you'll even have a chance to care, because my client is going to leave you so far behind in the dust that you'll be coughing up dirt for months!" Svengallop bellowed: "You're gonna get your flank beat by Brick Lesneigh. You're gonna get beat by Brick Lesneigh! You're gonna get beat up by Brick Lesneigh! You're gonna get hurt by Brick Lesneigh!" Saliva flew. "You're gonna get embarrassed by Brick Lesneigh! You're gonna be emasculated by Brick Lesneigh!" Veins showed in his forehead as he hollered. "You're going to be conquered! Conquered! Conquered... by Brrrrick... Lesneigh!" A final snort, and he waved his hoof with a squinting glare. "Believe that!"

Ponies blinked as the stallion marched off the stage. Brick Lesneigh cracked the joints in his meaty neck, said nothing, and trotted after his agent.

Villagers glanced at one another in dead silence.

Rainbow Dash had her jaw clenched.

I looked all around. "Well... that went better than I expected!" I smiled.

PreviousChapters Next