• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,722 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,722

PreviousChapters Next
Acrid 2: The Acriding

"How about here?" Romulus grunted, gesturing into a narrow room.

"Not enough room," Sunset Shimmer said. She galloped ahead, peering into corridor after corridor within the belly of the floating castle. "We need a more open space for the teleportation spell to work properly."

"Also, this is too close to where the dragons are," Rainbow Dash said. "They're right above us. Heck... I can still smell the methane from their breaths."

"Don't you mean 'sulfur?'" Lancie suggested.

Rainbow blinked at him. "Wait, what?"

"What?"

"Mrmmmf..." Romulus gestured. "Another level down."

"Is there another level down?" Sunset stammered. She readjusted the weight of the bags hanging off her flank. "Feels like we've been crawling in one big vertical circle."

"Yeah, well, so long as it's a circle that gets us somewhere, we're good," Rainbow said. "I don't care if we end up in the dragons' pottery barn. So long as we can properly get the jump on them."

"Hey!" Romulus' voice squawked from up ahead, echoing up the stairwell.

"Shhhh!" Sunset frowned, galloping down to approach the level he was on. "Are you crazy, ya friggin' vulture?! Do you want to give away our position?"

"How about here?" Romulus stood in the center of a large, spacious chamber. It resembled a wine cellar with several brick compartments separated by columns, connected by arches. In the center of the room was the decrepit remains of an elaborately grown tree, full of tiny squirrel homes. "Don't think any of the dragons would bother squeezing down here anyway!"

"Hmmmm..." Sunset shuffled to a stop. "Good enough." She glanced over. "Rainbow? What do you think?"

Romulus blinked. "Why are you getting her opinion?" he belched.

"Looks good to me," Rainbow said with a nod. "How long—do you think—it takes to set up the teleportation circle?"

"Not long at all. Seconds. It's charging the spell that takes a while," Sunset said.

"Like... how long?"

"Minutes. Definitely. Ten minutes tops."

"Right." Rainbow looked over her shoulder. "Shall we look for that ambush zone now?"

"Hrmmmfff..." Romulus shuffled past her.

"Well?" Rainbow arched an eyebrow. "Ya frumpy quail?!"

"I don't like it when you pretend like you're the brains of this, soft-hooves."

"Well, you already lost your balls about three fights ago, so why should you be trusted with the brain?"

"Why you cesspool haired glue stick—!"

"Knock it off!" Sunset barked. "Both of you! I'll set up the summoning spell!" She gestured. "Go find your stupid attack point. Come back in ten minutes and we'll get this show on the road!"

"There you go!" Rainbow smirked, galloping ahead of Romulus. "Brains and beauty."

"Hmmmf... balls..." And Romulus clambered after her while Sunset sighed, concentrating on her work.

PreviousChapters Next