• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,658 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,658

PreviousChapters Next
For Fuchsia's Sake

Clank! Pinkie dropped another plate of cookies onto the tabletop. "And then!" She sat in reverse on a chair, grinning slyly. "That's when she said: 'No, YOU have chicken mouth!'"

Rainbow paused in slurping from her sundae. She looked up across the colorful air of Sugarcube Corner. "Pinkie... are you ever gonna—like—explain that?"

Pinkie blinked. "Explain what?"

Rainbow sighed. "Never mind..."

"Couldn't get a laugh out of you, huh?" Pinkie shrugged. "I don't blame you. A good joke is all in the delivery. I guess it's best when Maud tells it."

"I'll... take your word on that, Pinkie," Rainbow said. Clearing her throat, she smiled and pointed at the sundae. "Thanks for the cool treat."

"Hehehe..." Pinkie smiled. "I believe that everypony deserves to pamper their taste buds from time to time." She winked. "I know it always puts me in a good mood!"

Rainbow swallowed another sip and looked up at Pinkie. "Pinkie... do you think I could be in a better mood?"

"Huh?" Pinkie cocked her head to the side. "Well... you've not exactly been around that much, Dashie."

Rainbow winced, glancing aside. "Yeahhhhh..."

Pinkie nevertheless smiled. "And I know that a pony is happiest when she's around her bestest of best friends! So... why not take every opportunity to show you how happy you make me and the rest of the girls?" She stuck her tongue out playfully. "Even if I don't see you often!"

"Heh..." Rainbow twirled the straw around in the half-empty container. "You really know how to make a pegasus feel special."

"That's because you totally are special, Dashie!" Pinkie smiled peacefully. "You do know that, right?"

Rainbow stared past her. Her ears drooped.

"Dashie...?"

"Pinkie, do..." Rainbow leaned back, shrinking a bit in her seat. "About Maud..."

"You wanna get a manecut like hers?"

"What? Pfft! No..." Rainbow helplessly chuckled.

"Good! Because it doesn't suit you!" Pinkie giggle-snorted. "Nothing about Maud suits Maud but Maud. That's why she's so... so... Maud!"

Rainbow breathed calmly. "You really love your sister, don't you?"

"Of course I do!" Pinkie hopped in her chair, causing the legs to rattle against the tile floor. "She's my favorite sister who's older than me but younger than Lime!"

"Right..." Rainbow slicked her bangs back. "And you like doing stuff for her... spending time for her..."

"Oh! Totally! Like... we're always making rock candy necklaces and giving each other going-away presents and coming-back presents and in-the-interim-of-coming-and-going-but-not-necessarily-lingering presents..."

"But... you live so far away from her," Rainbow Dash said. "Dredgemane is... super super far away. Isn't it?"

"Don't I know it!" Pinkie rocked back and forth, grinning stupidly. "This one time, I woke up and screamed out my top story bedroom window here at Sugarcube Corner! That very morning, I took a train to my home town, and when I got off the train in the evening... it was a good two hours before I even heard my own echo!"

"Pinkie..." Rainbow smirked with thin eyes. "Is that even friggin' possible."

"Well, maybe not. But you're right! I totally live far away from Maud and the rest of the Pinkie fam!" She rubbed her chin. "Wait, I don't like the sound of that. Oh! The Fuchsia Fam! Living on the Fuchsia Fam Farm!" She giggle-snorted again. "You see what I did there?"

Rainbow chuckled... chuckled some more... and was quiet. In a contemplative tone, she murmured: "So... you can still totally take care of the ones you love from a distance."

"Well... yeah! I mean... why not?" Pinkie smiled. "We're sisters. More than that... we're like best friends since birth!" She winked. "And best friends can't let distance get the better of them. In fact... it makes the times we hug and nuzzle all the sweeter!"

Rainbow stared out the window. Night had fallen, erasing the Ponyville skyline like a blank slate. Dark and beautiful.

"Dashie?" Pinkie leaned forward, nearly tipping the chair over. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah..." Rainbow took another sip of the sundae. "I think it will be."

Pinkie stared. After a round of silence, she closed her eyes with a happy smile. "Okie dokie lokie!"

"Mmmmm..." Rainbow raised the straw with a grateful smirk. "It's really sweet, Pinkster. Thanks."

"Anytime you need a pick-me-up... you know where I'll be!" Pinkie teetered again—until the chair fell over. "Whoah!" Thwump! Silence. "Pick-me-up!" she sputtered from the floor.

PreviousChapters Next