• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,739 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,739

PreviousChapters Next
The Broth

There was movement on the bottom floor of the Apple Family household.

Busier movement than usual...

Rainbow Dash heard it several minutes into her aerial pacing. She dipped down low, craning an ear towards the front open window.

"Is that it, Mr. Noir?"

"This broth should do the trick, Ms. Sparkle."

"Are you certain of that? Trixie could add more samples of the lavender."

"No. No, we mustn't overdo it. There's only so little material that we can work with, and I do believe yours and Ms. Sparkle's enchantment should magnify the flower's effect."

"Then what are we waiting for?"

"Has Ms. Applejack been alerted?"

"She's waiting upstairs, Mr. Noir, along with Zecora."

"Here. Trixie will help you carry the medicine up there."

"Much appreciated, Ms. Lulamoon. Let us be calm. Don't spill the broth."

Several ponies' hooves clamored up the stairs.

Rainbow Dash clenched her teeth. Wings flapping, she ascended, then hovered over towards the opposite end of the house's second level. She lingered just above the window, craning her neck to peer in slightly.

An orange figure knelt next to Apple Bloom's bed, alongside the tell-tale signs of Granny Smith, Big Macintosh, Zecora and Stu Leaves. When Noir, Twilight Sparkle, and Trixie entered, the ponies turned to look.

"Is that it...?" Applejack asked, her voice heavy... breath shuddering. "Is that what's going to fix my little sister?"

"That remains to be seen, Ms. Applejack," Noir's voice said. "Zecora? If you could help me in administering the broth?"

"Please step aside, Applejack, as we try to bring your sister back."

Sniffling. "You do your best. I-I believe in you..."

"Where in Celestia's name did you get the ingredients from?" Stu's voice asked.

"They... uh... appeared on the window sill," Twilight remarked.

"They what?! Then just who's responsible for—?"

"Will y'all kindly stop yer yappin'?" Granny Smith growled. "Zecora's given our little one her vittles!"

"Shhhhh..." Zecora's voice breathily said, "Drink up, Apple Bloom, our dearest friend. This soup is guaranteed to put you on the mend."

Silence.

"Did... did she drink all of it?"

"Shhhhh!"

More dead silence.

Rainbow Dash leaned in. She bit her lip... trembled... shook...

And then...

"Crkkk! Kaff! Kaff! Mmmmm..." A tiny voice mewled, whimpered, then wheezed. "Guhhh... Apple... Applejack? Why are... why're there so many ponies in my room...?"

"Apple Bloom...?"

"Oh gosh. Did... did I sleep in through school? Miss Cheerilee's going to kill me..."

"Oh Apple Bloom!" That drawling voice wept melodically. Bed covers shuffled. Apple Bloom yelped as she was swept up into a dear, dear hug. "Oh darlin'... I-I lurve you so much. Praise Celestia... Praise Celestia Almighty...!"

"Applejack? What's...what's wrong? Guh... You're squishing me..."

"Nothin's wrong, sugarcube..." A chuckle, then more sniffling... weeping. "Everythang's just heavenly. Oh praise Celestia... m-my little sister is back, everypony!"

"Woohooo!"

"Hot diggety!"

"Eeeyup!"

"Boundless elation! A cause for celebration!"

"Okay... did y'all enter me in a pageant or somethin'? This is startin' to get weird..."

"Heheheh..."

"Yer so precious to me, Apple Bloom. Oh... what a miracle." Applejack giggled and sobbed all at once. "What a fine miracle indeed...!"

By this time, Rainbow Dash was melting. She hugged herself, teetering over, weighed down by the lump in her throat. Sniffling, the mare clenched her eyes shut before they moistened. After several shuddering breaths, she lifted up, tilted about, and shot her way towards town on a blue streak.

She may have done a couple of twirls and backflips along the way.

PreviousChapters Next