• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
CrystalCon -5

Girls, girls! Just heard a crazy theory! I can't believe I never thought of it before. (Also shows that mares think totally different from stallions :P) The theory is not mine, I just found the proof.


What if the reason we haven't seen other how is because the grand 9 ARE the gods (or part of them)? Let me explain. It's a bit complicated, but makes sense in the end.

First of all, let's remove Euryala, since she's an addition to the great 8. (It's already been stated she has titan blood and comes from another reality.) We also eliminate Omni for obvious reasons. That leaves 7.

Now, we’ve seen from Omni, that it takes three parts to make a deity. The Everprince is one, so we discount him. What we are left with are Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon (missing).

First let's take Zeus. We know that Danny is his chosen. We also know that the big boss of Felina corp is also Danny (scroll 2, Everhere). So what if all those three compose the real Zeus (as in with all his powers).

We've seen Hades, so we know he should have two other “pieces”. One is obviously Blazen (with all his ashy powers). The other is Karl (I checked and Hades is also said to have a connection with earth and nature, which would explain a lot about Karl’s strange behavior).

Poseidon is a bit of a tough one. We know that Bellucio, Molly, and Euryala are involved with him to some extent. Euryala, I already said we can disregard. Bellucio is clearly a must. But what about Molly? This would be the first time a deity has parts of different genders. But, who was the one who nudged Molly to start getting involved in dreams in the first place? That's right: Icelos (who for any practical purpose is a ghost). Now we are left with one remaining…someone who has a relation with mirrors and water? Yes, Eric!

Finally we are left with Molly and Megan. Both have displayed different powers, but… if you remember, both are extraordinarily good at hitting targets (mentioned in 7 chapters for Molly and 15 for Megan since the start of Mistmount Chronicles). What that does that mean? They are two parts of the goddess Artemis (from the 12 deities).

What does that give us? A battle of four deities versus one, and judging by the different powers, quite an interesting battle. Also, remember that we still have no guarantee whose side Poseidon will take. It's been said he was cruel and he has spoken to the Everprince. What if the two formed a pact and for that he was broken down to his three composing pieces, with Icelos only keeping his memories?

So, what do you think?

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: if you were a bit older and into mares, I know a certain princess that would marry you on the spot. :P

Your theory is quite sound. Complete hay, but sound. A pity that it will never happen. There are ponies who already are complaining there aren't enough male humans in the cast (don't look at me) and had to be appeased by the Chosen.

Still, I wouldn't mind getting a few such stories to curate :)

RRBB

Okay… so… everything else aside (and by that I mean disregarding a few million instances that go directly against your theory) there are a few problems.

Why didn't the merge happen’ when it was technically possible? I understand the argument that most weren't at the same time at the same place, but in that case what do we do with Poseidon? Bellucio, Eric, and Icelos were clearly shown as being in the same place. Why didn't they just merge, especially if, as you speculate, Poseidon is allied to the Everprince?

But moving on. Let's say there is some additional requirement that keeps them from merging. Maybe it happens later in the series, and all four perfect into deities. (Why would the Everprince let that happen, by the way?) we then have four deities versus the Everprince. Assuming their powers are matched (which is a big if) the Felina corp itself would tip the balance and provide a win. But even if they don't, what about the junior deities? They are, supposedly, gods. Won't it be easy for them to pick a side and win? Or maybe they are an equal in strength third side? Let's assume that's true. Do you know how boring it would be? Not to mention it'll change the whole direction of the story.

Having earth split in 3 without anyone having an advantage might be interesting for huge military epics, but then S&S would need a new audience.

MixaMax

@RRBB: drop it, already. And yes, while the attempt is admirable, MixaMax brings out some valid points. Personally I think it's a bit too complicated for coltfiction. Keep up theorizing, though :) You definitely have huge potential :)

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: are you still in hospital, you doof? I'll need help with moving the stuff. You'll be there to lend a hand right?

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: lend a hand :))) That's my new favorite phrase. I'm so stealing it!

@PrinceEric: What can I say, I've seen weirder things. :P Seriously, I liked the theory, which brings me to the question why don't you write? You've literally the best human analyst on the site (DarkSparkle has long conceded defeat :)). With your ideas and a good editor…the stars are the limit :)

LyraHands

Thanks, all!

@LyraHands: no, I can't write :). I just like to share my theories. (Also my coltfriend seems to like it as well, so I don't think I'll stop the reactive anytime soon ;))

Am so excited about CrystalCon! Can't wait to see all of you there, plus so many others! :)

PrinceEric

@LightSparkle: when we're you coming again?

DarkSparkle

Hold it! Hold it! I see it now! It's all clear!

DarkSparkle + LightSparkle + TrueSparkle = sparkle goddess!

We must stop the convention! These three must never meet! We're all doomed otherwise!

MightyDragon

The only geeky stallion in our class and he's an incorrigible idiot… but I still love him. :D

CodeFilly

@DarkSparkle: in two days. Please tell me you'll be there… :/

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: err… sure. Just be sure to come in the morning… before six… O:)

DarkSparkle

@The TechNightling: please lock the thread before I say something you'll ban me for. :/

LightSparkle

PreviousChapters Next