• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,439 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,439

PreviousChapters Next
Rarity Takes Everything In Manehatten, Even the Carpet and Drapes

Dear Rarity,

First off, congratulations on winning that little fashion show of yours. Your inspired work in using various hotel sheets and fixtures to create an ensemble as homely and cozy as one of those lavish rooms is exquisite, if this catalog is accurate. Really, it's quite creative.

But I also received something else from Mayor Plaster of Manehatten: a bill he forwarded from the hotel you stayed at, listing off thousands of bits in damages to the hotel room. Torn-up carpet, missing drapes and frilly bedsheets, even strips of wallpaper, towels, and scented toilet paper rolls had been taken from the room with reckless abandon. The room itself was beyond mere salvation that could be solved with a little TLC--it requires a complete overhaul just to look presentable again.

Your apologetic note and bag of compensating bits left at the door was a noble effort at saying you're sorry for trashing their room harder than a rock star, but unfortunately, it wasn't quite enough. Luckily for you, I've learned from enough experience and damage reports that when any of you do something or go somewhere, stuff usually gets broken or destroyed along the way.

So I've set aside a small fund separate from the treasury, specifically devoted to whatever mishaps or destructive forces come about as a result of your arrival. I've taken to calling it the "Harbinger of Harmony" fund. Surely you see why. Anyway, should another situation arise where someone in your group pulls an "oopsie" or "whoopsy-doodle" and something falls apart, this little fund will cover all those expenses for repairs.

Assuming, of course, that there's money to cover it. I'll add my own in small installments every week, but it won't cover everything if these damages add up. That is where you and the others come in. Feel free to add as much or as little as you like to it in whatever frequency you desire, but do note that if a bill comes in and the fund doesn't cover it, I'll cover what I can with what's left of the fund and forward the rest to you to pay off in what I hope will be a timely and appropriate manner.

I trust there are no objections. Financial responsibility is quite the burden, but surely it is one you and the others can readily manage. That, or you could just not break anything and use this fund for personal vacations. I'm not picky, but just be responsible.

Best Regards,

Princess Celestia

P.S. If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to buy a set of your Hotel Chic line. I want to see some nobles' jaws drop, and it miiight give you a headstart on the fund. Your decision on what you do with the profits, though.

...okay, fine. Two sets. Luna wants one as well. You know, to look like twinsies.

PreviousChapters Next