• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,425 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,425

PreviousChapters Next
Sweetie, the Bell Tolls for You

Dearest Sweetie Belle,

Firstly, I wish to apologize for intensifying your dream last night. I hope you didn't think of it as excessive, but I felt that such a grim "what if" scenario was necessary to get the point across that such selfish, petty revenge can lead to very devastating results for Rarity.

What it didn't show, however, was how you would have lived in such conditions. How do you think things would have been for you in that devastated boutique littered with cobwebs and tattered cloth? Do you think you would be living there still, or would you stay with your parents and watch your sister implode as your actions wrecked her reputation, drive, and ability?

Would you admit to her, after the fact, that you had unraveled her life by undoing just one stitch?

That “what if” is far darker than you know, Sweetie Belle. Some actions ponies take in life can have consequences the likes of which they could never imagine, and it can come back to haunt them for the rest of their days. That is why you must think carefully down the road on the decisions you make, for they may take you down a path that, once trodden, you’ll realize is not where you wanted to go. And depending on how grave the choice is… there may not be an easy way to return.

Be thankful for what you have, Sweetie Belle. You have a sister that cares for you very much, despite the squabbles you have with her. Trust me, that’s normal--Celestia and I get into fights all the time over who ate the last of the Macamoons, and whose turn it is to get the Coocoonuts for it. I’ll share a secret: it’s usually me that has the last one. They’re crazy good.

Anyway, Rarity does a lot for you, and you know that now. Show appreciation for what she does now and then, because while it may seem a bit overbearing at times, know that it’s done with love, and not just to show off her own talents, but to help highlight yours as well… when that talent comes around, that is. And if I’ve seen enough of your dreams by now, I have a feeling you’re closer to what your talent is than you think. It just needs a moment to truly reveal itself to you, and once you find it, you’ll know what to do.

Also, I may have a small proposition for you and your friends. My sister and I will be heading off to a meeting in a few weeks or so, and you seem comfortable with small animals. Would you be willing to watch over two small dragons for a day? You’ve been around Spike, I believe--Flint and Spark are a bit more rambunctious than he is, but mostly well-behaved. They just need someone to keep an eye on them and--

Tia, you asked me to figure something out regarding the dragons, so I’m doing so! What’s wrong with asking the Crusaders to look over them?

Oh, “everything” is a bit of an over exaggeration, isn’t it? Yes, they're children but two of them have family members with pets, so they have some experience with animal care. And my dragons love kids! I’ll even leave a burn-proof list of tasks for them to help if they’re stuck. Plus, they get free reign over the castle minus doing every single princess duty we do. What could possibly go wrong?

Yes, I ate some Macamoons earlier, but I don’t see why--OH! Yes, that is a problem. I’ll rethink this, Celestia. Thank you for pointing that out.

Ahem, Sweetie, the offer’s off the table for now. My apologies, but I'm not of sound thought on this matter at the moment. Anyway, think hard about your decisions in life and where they'll take you, and absolutely do not try to babysit dragons. Ignore my suggestion, please.

Sincerely,

Princess Luna

PreviousChapters Next