• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,423 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,423

PreviousChapters Next
Petsitting: It's Not Just for Ponies

Dearest Spike,

Thank you for reaching out to me. I'm not surprised to hear that you relapsed into a bit of greedy behavior after your previous incident, but the fact that everything worked out in the end is of great benefit to you at this time.

You face an uphill battle dealing with this greedy behavior, Spike, and that appetite of yours is something you MUST keep in check, because if you don't, you'll find yourself going back for more and more until mere satisfaction is no longer attainable.

That's not to say you should swear off gems altogether. Gems are a staple food source for dragons, but like all things, it is to be taken in moderation. Too much of a good thing can be as detrimental as little or none at all.

You've been good about your diet thus far, but be wary of little cheat days like today. You don't see me eating a whole ten-layer cake every day, do you? Of course not--I do it every three days.

And a word of advice: if you find yourself getting a bit pudgy, find something to do in ten minutes of free time to get a bit of exercise in, then keep at it daily. I know you're usually busy most of the day hanging with your special pony or reorganizing Twilight's books for the umpteenth time, but everypony has ten minutes to spare at some point in their day. I know I do--those moments I use to keep fit by fencing with Jenkins. That old coot's really good with his mop, and he takes no quarter. I respect him for that, and respond in kind with Brutus. He's currently up by five victories, but today, I'll make that four for sure.

Anyway, find a moment to squeeze in some active activity, do it daily, and the rewards will come in time. Keep in touch, my little dragon, and if you find yourself lost, you know who to write to. Don't forget, however, that Twilight is there too, and she'll do what she can to help when she's actually paying attention.

Love,

Princess Celestia

Hello, Luna. Please tell me you got rid of that drag--

Two. There's two of them behind you. What did you do?

Okay, I'm not even sure if saving a dragon's life in a dream counts for the life debt, but this is the exact opposite of dissolving a life debt. It's dou--

Luna, wipe that smirk off your face! I know what you're going to say, and don't say it! DO. NOT.

PreviousChapters Next