• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,440 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,440

PreviousChapters Next
Equestria is for Everyone, Boys and Girls

Sunset Shimmer,

I write this to you in the hopes that it has been delivered through the portal safely to your location, wherever that may be. If this ends up in someone else's hoov--ahem, hands, whoever you might be, do me a favor and find a high school girl with the hair and complexion that reminds you of grilled cheese and tomato soup. Her name is right there up top. Find her, give this to her, and don't read a word of the rest of this. I mean it.

Now then, Sunset. Your actions were quite unforgivable. Stealing an Element of Harmony, one of the few things that help maintain balance in this world, is the equivalent of stealing Pinkie's pet Gummy. I'm not joking. That sort of happened once, and she table-flipped the town looking for him thinking he was taken. Turns out he wasn’t stolen--just buried in her hair again.

Anyway, I’m glad to know that my student succeeded where I had failed, for while I'd taught you much about magic and the importance of humility and respectful behavior in the face of multiple nobles, I did not teach you the value of friendship. Instead I taught you of the proper ways to be a princess, and what was the result of that? A costly mistake, and one I still regret to this day. This resolution my student and you have found is a small consolation prize, but truly, I wish we could pick up where we left off someday under better, more controlled circumstances. It is doubtful, but possible. We shall see where the road takes us.

Also, I owe you an apology. Your previous belongings here in Equestria kind of got buried underneath piles and piles of miscellaneous paperwork related to my day court proceedings. I intended on keeping those things safe and sound in the case of your eventual return into what would have been a welcoming embrace, but life has a funny way of suddenly occupying my time with sheer and utter nonsense. You know that.

I dug them out, but they smelled a bit musty, and looked quite dusty. But worst of all, some of those things were fragile, and crushed under the weight of the paper. Your diorama detailing the functions of the Ponyville dam and why its destruction would spell doom for the town, something I planned on showing Mayor three years ago but never got around to, is now completely destroyed. Now I have a scare-tactic post-disaster diorama to show her which... actually might be a better idea for ensuring the dam operates at peak condition.

Okay, bad example. There’s… uh… OH! The snow globe I bought when we visited the Frostpeaks has a big crack at the top of the mountain inside the globe. This might be salvageable if you don't put it somewhere where it'll fall a good distance. This peak would put an eye out, and it very well could. Be careful with this if you want it back.

Your art and sketches are fine, much to my relief, as is Mr. Snuggle Wuggle. He's been missing your 'huggles', which kind of looked like chokeholds to me, but you loooved this doll, and I guess he was fine with it. I'd be more than happy to give him back as soon as you want him--he's been giving me the stink eye for a long time, and it's quite unnerving.

When or if you return, be it through some sort of correspondence or your physical self, know that you are welcome, and what's left of your stuff is waiting here for you. I still hope we can remain friends.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

And to whoever read this to the end that wasn’t Sunset, I don’t know who you are, but I promise you this: you will have a nightmare tonight the likes of which you’ve never seen. I personally can’t make that happen…

But I know somepony who can.

PreviousChapters Next