• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,434 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,434

PreviousChapters Next
Go There and Never Come Back Again, Part 2

Dear Starlight,

First off, I will extend some due congratulations for snatching victory from the jaws of defeat and saving all of us from a sticky, icky, bug battery lifestyle. Your quick thinking and ability to adapt your strategy under pressure served you well for infiltrating the hive, and there’s nothing in the world that can take that away from you.

That being said, that’s all you did. You didn't have any real plan to destroy the throne in absence of magic. As far as I’m aware, what happened was you bet the farm on a hunch and just happened to be incredibly fortunate enough for it to pay out. Thus, most of the credit for saving all of us goes to Thorax and a lot of changelings that had far less loyalty to their queen than I previously thought. Then again, the promise of never needing to eat for a species doomed to eating forever is a very enticing offer.

This isn’t to say you weren’t an instrumental part to their transformation, but only so much credit can be given to what was a gamble to begin with.

Some credit is also due to your other companions as well. Without Discord’s convenient-but-inconvenient teleportation, you wouldn’t have been able to infiltrate the hive so expediently. Although I personally wonder how he was able to divine Fluttershy’s location in a place where outside magic didn’t work, compounded with the fact that he completely missed the giant magical Dark Zone we were in when he’s so sensitive to the flow of magic he can sense alicorn magic shenanigans without blinking a single jaundiced eye.

Has he gone so soft from being whipped by Fluttershy he’s just attuned to wherever she is at all times? He can't know that unless... he has the nasal capacity of a bloodhound? Did he seriously sniff her out to track her down? Whatever the case, he has some explaining to do. And I might need to buy a new shampoo.

Lastly, Trixie was the only one in your party to actually bring supplies. It can safely be said that she facilitated a great deal of your infiltration just for having enough sense to carry some tools of the trade with her.

Of course, nothing prevented you from bringing any tools prior to entering the hive, but I can tell you didn’t plan that far ahead. This isn’t to say that even with preparation everything wouldn’t have gone down the same way in a similar series of events, but it would have improved your starting odds from a snowball’s chance in Tartarus to a snowmare’s chance.

Oh well. You got extremely lucky for being so unprepared, and that’s what matters in the end. Sure, Chrysalis got away (perhaps she greatly wished to avoid having her buggy arse kicked by a peeved baby) and she swore vengeance against you for taking away everything she had built up over the years, but I’m quite certain that’s a revenge situation you’re more than familiar with.

I won’t hold my breath if Chrysalis gets the friendship treatment the next time she shows up. And she will--pests always love to keep cropping up.

Wishing you success on her inevitable reformation,

Princess Celestia

P.S. Keep an eye out for any unreformed changelings. I’ve already caught the group that replaced us in Canterlot, and Cadance ought to be doing the same over in the Empire. We’ll be sending them over to Thorax by the end of the week.

Not that that should be difficult. Again, free meal ticket for a lifetime.

OW! Sunny, I have been hit in the head enough times for a month! I am not a changeling!

Look, I know you're still a bit jumpy since my changeling impersonator locked you in the closet because they couldn't tolerate you for ten whole minutes. But I promise you, we have captured all of them. You can stop hit-checking to see if I'm one of them.

OW! Okay, if you're so determined to find another changeling to smack, then why not start checking all the objects in the castle? They could be one of those too.

...wait wait WAIT don't smash everything! NO, NOT THE CHAINA CABINET--

PreviousChapters Next