• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,427 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,427

PreviousChapters Next
It's Hard to Say Anything About Where the Crusaders are...

Dear Twilight,

I just received this hastily written request that reads like three frantic mares fought over possession of the quill trying to get their words on the parchment. Ordinarily I’d wonder who wrote this, but given the amount of times the names Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom appeared, discerning the authors’ identities is hardly a mystery.

My little ponies, do yourself a favor and pull yourselves together. Yes, all three turning up missing after a whole day with nopony having any knowledge of their whereabouts is definitely something to fret over. However, turning the town upside-down, literally in at least three cases of actual house-flipping by ‘a crazed white mare screaming for her lost sister’ (I know the feeling, Rarity), is a bit much for the townsfolk and Mayor Mare to handle.

You have Twilight there with you—let her formulate a calm, orderly plan to scope out the town and the outskirts proper while I send out notices to the neighboring towns and provinces regarding three lost fillies. I’ve already got a squadron of guards sniffing out the Canterlot Commons as I write this reply.

We will find them. If we’re lucky, odds are they’re within the vicinity of an Apple family relative somewhere in Equestria that would happily inform us of their whereabouts via a prompt and efficient letter which would fully dispel thy fears and concerns. The Apple family is the type of family that won’t forget such an important notice regarding one of their kin and her two companions, and would definitely not shirk such responsibility for trivial reasons… probably. Hopefully!

...It’s going to be that, isn’t it?

Well, regardless if it is or not, think positive thoughts about their safety. Thinking about the worst case scenarios doesn’t do any good for anypony, as Twilight and I are quite aware of.

They’ll come home, my little ponies. Safe and sound into your snuggling, slightly-choking forelegs.

Searching with fervor,

Princess Celestia

P.S. If those three haven't paved some untold path of destruction using a giant stone slab or pretending to destroy pigs in shoddy houses, they should be fine. Their destructive tendencies have waned off over the past few years, but it might come back in a glorious manifestation of ill-conceived romantic escapades and/or surprise home relocating or remodeling. Wouldn't that be a kick in the head?

PreviousChapters Next