• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,434 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,434

PreviousChapters Next
Gauntlet Garbled Great Balls of Fire!*

Author's Note:

*Fireballs not included in this chapter.

Dear Twilight,

I didn’t say anything about you dropping absolutely everything to go off and supporting Spike in the midst of our rare visit in the midst of a very strained schedule this week. I knew he needed some support for the trials he would endure in the Dragon Lands, and some friends by his side would no doubt bolster his morale. Thus, I absolutely stand by your decision to depart with him, and hope that the next time we meet that the meeting could last longer than five minutes.

However, your strategy to follow him into the Dragon Lands was… odd. Okay, that’s an understatement--it’s downright confusing. Why environmental objects, of all things? Was it really that difficult to figure out a quick transformation spell for dragons?

I ask that mainly because you have a spell-tinkering pupil in your house that managed to modify a centuries-old time spell to work with a magical table that didn’t even exist since a year ago! With this much magical talent under your roof, how hard could it have really been to turn yourselves into dragons?! You could even transform yourself into foliage or a chameleon, which doubles with its own camouflage technique! All this magic would be available at your disposal, but instead you walked off with some of those increasingly ridiculous camouflage sets?!

Oh, right. I forgot to mention that I spent my afternoon with Starlight Glimmer since you’ve departed with Spike (Luna decided to return home for two very important reasons). Very peculiar pupil now that I’ve taken some real time to speak with them. She sort of reminds me of another student that nearly threatened an interdimensional war between worlds, only slightly less insane and significantly more submissive. I still wonder what you said to her that turned her into a prostrating patsy, but maybe it’s better I don’t know.

Anyhow, she’s enlightened me to the fact that you’ve devoted an entire room of your castle to these unusual camouflage pieces! Granted, we had to go through about fifty rooms to find it (your pupil’s horrible with directions), but we found it!

Giant candy canes! Why do you have a set of huge hollow candy canes?! Who are you going to observe on Hearth’s Warming that merits a disguise like this?

Don’t answer that question. The answer will be creepy no matter who you name.

Also, those realistic-looking timberwolf shelters in here were so convincing I blasted them on sight. I realize those would have had great use in the Everfree, so you’re going to need to build new ones.

But by far the most baffling object is the Ursa Major gallstone. Just… why?! Why is that even a thing for you to disguise as? Nopony wants to see that! I didn’t even want to see it or acknowledge its existence until I had to in your disguise room!

And then there’s the suits! You have a buffalo suit, and I guess that’s fine. The Yak suit right next to it is not--I am so fortunate you did not use this, because you most certainly did NOT incorporate authentic yak fur into it!

But that’s not all. There were suits of you and your friends. An entire rack of them, and one of those suits looked suspiciously like me. In fact, on closer inspection it looked exactly like me. I get the feeling a suit for Luna also exists, but I didn’t see it here.

Needless for me to ask, but you have a lot of explaining to do. I don’t want to hear some insanely convenient excuse like they’re a gift from Pinkie or something!

...that’s the excuse you’re going to give me, isn’t it? Look, just tell me it is, and I won’t ask any more questions. It’s not worth me pursuing it further than that.

It really, really isn’t.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

Hello, Luna. Please tell me Sunny and Moony haven’t obliterated the kitchen. Again.

Oh, speaking of Moony, there she… is… why are there three of you, Luna? You… you’ve been peering into my nightmares, haven’t you?!

Whoa whoa, don’t close in on me like this! I realize I’ve committed some wrongs against you, but… wait. This isn’t a dream. It’s not a daydream, is it? I see that look in your eyes, that eerie wide smile on the one in the back, and this intoxicatingly sweet and horrific smell… NO! No no NO! You wouldn’t?!

Treason! This is high treason, Luna! You can’t bury me in that much moon cookie dough! It’ll take me a thousand minutes to eat my way out of it! Don’t you da--

PreviousChapters Next