• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,434 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,434

PreviousChapters Next
Hearthbreaking Moments Aren't Always Set in Stone

Dear Granny Smith,

A Pairing Stone. You want to get a Pairing Stone?

Granny, I didn't know you still had that romantic interest in you! I mean, not that that's a bad thing--it's fantastic--but do you really need a stone for that? Granted, I know that's worked out for Pinkie's family, and a Pairing Stone is never wrong, which is a much better rate than, say, a sorting hat.

I mean it. Pairing Stones are never, ever wrong. They will flat out tell you if you are meant for somepony for life, and if it won't last, they'll even tell you how long it will go down to the centisecond. Once I heard one say that a relationship was going to last for ten point forty three seconds, and ten point forty three seconds later, the prospective stallion's wife stormed in on them in a maelstrom of rage and mane hair.

Or I could be confusing that with this latest issue of Power Ponies. Either way, that imagery isn't too far off the mark.

Anyway, if you're absolutely sure you want one, I can put in a request for it. They're uncommon for sure, but not impossible to find. You'll get it within a week from your reply.

Oh, and you'll only need one stone for the family, just in case Applehack and Big Mac need it for any of their romantic pursuits. Although from this little letter you wrote about those looks your grandson gave Marble, I wonder if he would even want to use that stone. It is a dedicated relationship spoiler, after all...

Oh well, it's not my place to think about such choices. This is your stone, after all--discretion would fall upon you on how you will use it. Do let me know if you want a Pairing Stone; otherwise, I'll see you at Rainbow Falls in a few weeks.

And don't forget to pack sunscreen this time. It wouldn't behoove us to terrify the lounge ponies with another Apple Raisin incident.

Friends Forever,

Princess Celestia

Oh, hello Sunny. And is that an eight-layer cake on that cart?

Wow, you've really improved on your baking finesse ever since the Moon Pies! So are we going to eat it, or--

You... want to... marry it? A cake? I can't even... what?

You want to marry it because you love it that much? T-That's not what the expression means! It's--wait, where are you going?

Don't! That phrase was sarcasm! You hear me?! SARCASM!

...she doesn't even know what sarcasm means. This... will be something to hear about in the tabloids tomorrow, I know it.

PreviousChapters Next