• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,435 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,435

PreviousChapters Next
Simple Ways to Deal with Trendsetters

Dear Rarity,

Mayor Mare wrote about your amazing success in hosting Ponyville Days. It added a rather interesting touch of class and culture standing in stark contrast to the farm-oriented town, which just adds another layer of intrigue to the town commonly known by the rest of the world as "where anything can happen, and we do mean ANYTHING."

But... ugh... Trenderhoof. I find it shocking that he had never visited a farm town before in all his years of travel, despite his article on Appleloosa insisting it "wasn't so much a farm town as it was a western town that really loves its tacked-on orchard." I'm honestly surprised he didn't call Ponyville "modern and modest, plus an orchard next to a frightful forest," but this quite clearly proves how fickle his mind is.

Do you know he visited Canterlot once and called Cuppa's coffee a drink so rustic he swore he tasted rust? While I don't doubt that, that comment alone almost ruined Cuppa Joe's reputation for a whole year, were it not for the fact that I kept getting my tea there.

I was called every synonym of distasteful and unclassy by nobles that blindly follow the words of a stallion with standards so flippant even corrupt health inspectors fare better judges of food quality. But I didn't mind, and eventually they came around to the fact that a Princess who's eaten more than enough cultured cuisine over the course of centuries just miiight have a better idea of what's delicious, and what isn't. Trenderhoof may spot what's hot in the moment, but trends fade away, and it's in such times that I look for things that I know will last, regardless if it's trendy or not.

Rarity, your elegance and style in your clothing designs are one of those things I should hope won't change to reflect the tastes of a single pony with as much permanent swaying potential as a small gust of wind trying to bend a well-rooted tree. Change may come to many things in life, but some things don't need it. I should hope that your sense of fashion stays the same in that regard.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

Yes, Luna what is--snnrk...

Hahaha--nothing's... ahem, nothing is funny, Luna. I just didn't expect you to wear red square-rimmed glasses and a tan sweater vest.

Trendy? That get-up?! According to who--you read Trot Topic, didn't you? Trenderhoof's editorial magazine. Where did you find it?

Oh, right. Well, I don't read it--I use the paper for Philomena's birdcage.

Sure, you can use it for Shadebeak's cage. Anyway, don't listen to him and his idea of fashion--you're beautiful just the way you are.

PreviousChapters Next