• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,434 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,434

PreviousChapters Next
Everything the Light Touches...

Dear Discord,

I write this to you in the hopes of enlisting your aid, for a dark force has escaped the confines of Tartarus that we believe you are the only one capable of hunting down and capturing in a timely and appropriate manner.

Tirek has finally made his move. Or, rather, we're just now aware he's escaped, because a particular warden failed to mention to me that one of their high-profile prisoners had fled the coop. Thanks to a startling vision last night, Luna and I are caught up on the situation, but we can hardly rely on visions to track down a centaur that, despite his feeble appearance, can move faster than we'd anticipated.

That is where you come in. You are the only one that has an attuned sense to the ebb and flow of magic in our world, and thus can sense when a great magical disturbance occurs. Certainly you've felt one of those heeby-jeebies already--that's Tirek's handiwork on one of my precious ponies.

His violent leeching magic, left unchecked, can easily rob us all of magic with no seeming end to his tyranny, but if you nip this in the bud and catch him before things get out of control, the land of Equestria would be very thankful for your aid.

More importantly, I would be extremely grateful, and I might even sign off on your plans to build that Crazy Land theme park of yours. Sure, the blueprints make absolutely no sense at all--making a water wheel a Ferris wheel attraction? Still, it's better than your previous submission of turning a bathroom into a water slide...

Ahem. Do note that I am placing a significant amount of trust in you for this assignment. It is by your actions that may decide whether or not Equestria continues to thrive, or suffer under the hoof of a tyrant that has no qualms with razing our proud and strong cities to the ground.

Do not misplace this trust, Discord. Because if you do, you'll find I can put my horn in very uncomfortable places on your person. By which I mean I'll likely shove my horn up your arse, out your nose, then bend it around to spear through your ears. Knowing you, that'll just be a light, tickly thing that doesn't seem like a huge threat. Believe me, I'll make it anything but ticklish.

Anyway, do give this some thought, and if you want to play Hero and save Equestria, please come by the castle for some more briefing on this giant leech of a centaur. I'll be waiting with a warm smile and happy thoughts.

Just don't twist them into a frown and unhappy thoughts, and make this into a bigger problem than it could be.

Best regards,

Princess Celestia

~~One Day Later~~

Princess Twilight,

We have a bigger problem. Plan D has failed miserably, and it backfired on us in the worst way possible.

Come to Canterlot at once. Be hasty, for there is precious time left to spare.

Also, bring aspirin. You'll be in for a major headache.

Signed,

Princess Celestia

PreviousChapters Next