• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,440 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,440

PreviousChapters Next
Sometimes, Reality IS Stranger Than Fanfiction

Dear Twilight,

First off, I thank you for taking the time to come out to the friendship summit at Griffonstone. I realize that the timing of the Daring Do convention happening the same day as the summit truly must have been a downer for you, but I know you understood that a friendship summit doesn’t carry as much weight without… well, a Princess of Friendship present for the proceedings.

Diplomacy: sometimes it’s just full of awful timing, am I right?

But I assure you, going to this summit when Griffonstone is beginning to rebuild itself and claw its way back up to recivilization shows how much we care about others in the land. Plus you got to visit Griffonstone for the first time since it’s been rebuilt! I mean, that had to be exciting for you! It certainly was for me, seeing many a building in the town almost restored to former glory, Griffons haggling over the fair price of goods less often than usual, and the castle doesn’t look like it has any broken windows, even if the main door is completely missing off its hinges!

Okay, it’s really showing signs it’s still a work in progress, but it’s making strides where it can! That counts for something.

Now, in regards to this convention you wanted to attend, don’t worry. I have it on good authority it wasn’t as good as it potentially could have. Many of the guests complained A.K. Yearling only stayed for an hour or two at most before leaving to handle some ‘personal errands’ that simply could not wait. I’m not surprised at such a turn of events—she hardly has time to relax even in her own home, I’ve heard.

I’ve also received a letter from Rainbow Dash, surprisingly. I guess she was just too eager to share her experience, talking about adventuring with Daring Do out in some unexplored temple and finding new treasure. And she even brought a new friend along for the fun, it seems.

It sounds like she had a great time on one of those fan-formed expeditions to me. They even had a really convincing Caballeron, and the way she talks about it as if it’s real? It’s an adorable story. But... if it’s real, then Rainbow took a lot of unnecessary risks with her friend. Was it so hard for her to carry Quibble over that old suspension bridge? Or carry him anywhere that they had run into danger that didn’t leave them bound in rope or in some situation where flying somehow wasn’t an option?

Perhaps he was heavier than she thought. She didn’t say anything about his weight, but I bet that’s it. That also makes their mud-skiing idea at the end a bit less clever and more a necessity.

Now, I’m sure Rainbow Dash has also told you of this already, and certainly wouldn’t spare any details. But to me, even a tale like this can still receive a bit of healthy criticism without coming from an asinine person. Quibble’s learned quite a bit of how that’s supposed to work, and I do hope he takes that lesson from Rainbow to heart in this venture. Or at the very least be humbled instead of arrogant and insisting on denial. Whatever helps him sleep at night…

Anyway, I’m a bit sad I couldn’t make it either, but at least I got a copy of Ring of Destiny signed thanks to a friend that attended on my behalf. I have a feeling you might have done something similar with Rainbow Dash, and I very much doubt she wouldn’t forget such an important request from you.

Nope. She’s responsible, and wouldn’t have any real reason at all to forget it. Not a one.

Oh dear, I should get going soon. But before I end this, I wanted to let you know that the next summit’s being held at Yakyakistan.

For the love of all that is good, don’t bring a pony-written guide to Yakyakistan culture with you.

Best Regards,

Princess Celestia

Sunny, there you are! I’ve been meaning to ask, but where did you and Moony get the fabric for that Ahuizotl costume?

...I see. So that’s where Luna’s bedsheets disappeared to. I’ll find her and let her know it’s not a stalker or angry maid. Or a stalking angry maid.

Wait, what’s that you’re hiding behind you? It looks kind of like a pillow.

A… Daring Do body pillow. Well, uh… thank you for being thoughtful?? I’ll put this to good use! Probably!

Wow, Daring Do is wrapped up in way too much rope. She might as well be thrown in a barrel for good measure. But it is quite soft…

I’ll consider using it, but only for the softness!

PreviousChapters Next