• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,435 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,435

PreviousChapters Next
Nothing Takes Flight In Here

Mayor Mare,

Given that Ponyville is still standing, I have a small question.

Normally, I get this little damage report from you on very good days, where the biggest expenses I need to concern myself with can be anywhere from a broken window to a new pen. And you've been very diligent in writing such admittedly petty reports, though I didn't mind it much at all.

That said, this week must be a miraculous one. I received absolutely no damage reports from you at all. No daily reports, and more importantly, no weekly report. And I say this knowing Harshwhinny came by the school this week to talk to the children about the big contest for the opening of the Equestria Games.

Particularly, I seem to recall three rambunctious fillies that managed to wreck the float parade some time ago. Now, I'm not saying that I expected them to, say, shift a house off its foundation...

But I did expect something to go wrong. Maybe a busted wagon or scooter, a treehouse needing repairs, a ruined bowtie! I'd even settle for one of your petty reports where you're missing your hairbrush again for the umpteenth time. Seriously, how do you keep losing those? Does your mane eat them?

I know I should be happy that nothing went wrong this week, and I am in a way. But in another, it just feels awkward not getting ANY reports for a week from a town so fraught with incidents major and minor that no news almost has me believing that's BAD news. Just because I hear nothing from the town doesn't mean that's a good thing.

So in the event that another day or week like this comes around where nothing happens, at least let me know through a weekly report that nothing went wrong. You don't have to do it for daily reports--I can accept the town having a few days where nothing happens easily. But a week of silence is something that WILL grab my attention unless you confirm it otherwise.

So, please, keep in touch weekly at minimum. I'll look forward to seeing you and Granny at the Inked Mare in a few days.

Friends Forever,

Princess Celestia

What the--Luna, can you at least knock before entering? And why do you reek of chocolate?

You... ate one of the canes. Huh. Well, if chocolate bits exist, I guess canes can.

Why yes, I'd like one. Also, I assume you figured out how to get back at him for the Ursa?

Oho, that's good. He DOES love blueberry pie.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading, as always.

Also, Tia got around to answering more fanmail.

PreviousChapters Next