• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,435 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,435

PreviousChapters Next
Warm Up Your Hearth

My faithful student,

I request of you and your friends a small favor. Well, not small; a big favor. I'd like you to come to Canterlot to perform the Hearth's Warming Eve play.

Apparently, the actors I'd originally hired for the show had a falling out last night, and absolutely refuse to perform together now. It involved some petty feud over who got to be Clover the Clever.

This is outstandingly remarkable considering the Earth ponies and Pegasi wanted to play as her despite Clover being a Unicorn. Somehow that didn't deter them as they brought horn props just for that; at this point, I don't doubt they brought fake wings in case they fought over Commander Hurricane. That'd be some First Class gumption right there.

But considering they couldn't come to a satisfying conclusion on that, I surmised that none of them were clever enough to be her if they couldn't reach a compromise. In fact, I told them as much. Really should have taken a photo of their faces.

Thankfully the Windigos I hired are still raring to go. Yes, the frigid demons of the Clamber Mountain range. Don’t worry about a thing regarding their cold spell. I told them to go easy on the icing this year; last year pony popsicles almost became a reality, and I don’t want a repeat performance of Chattering Teeth: The Musical. But otherwise, I'm now six or seven actors short--the narrator's on the fence as of this letter--so bring Spike just in case they bail too.

And remember: this is the biggest holiday play in all of Equestria. You'll be performing in front of a large crowd of influential ponies from many towns across this land and for foreigners beyond the borders, in addition to the... ugh, nobles from my own city. No pressure or anything, but please please please don't mess this up. Unlike the smarmy noble parties, this is something I don’t want going awry because of the foreign dignitaries.

I place my faith in you and your friends, Twilight. This play is now in your hooves.

Love,

Princess Celestia

Yes, Luna, you’re coming as well. Ah ah, no buts. It won’t kill you to watch a play for thirty minutes.

What? No, are you nuts? You know how expensive the concessions are outside! They’d charge a foreleg if they could!

...okay, we’ll get SOME treats there, but promise me you won’t throw popcorn at them if they turn out to be awful. Or rocks. Especially rocks.

PreviousChapters Next