• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,428 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,428

PreviousChapters Next
What Kind of Family Reunion Only Serves Apples?

Dear Applesnack,

Your lesson learned is one of the most thought-out things I've read that I don't need context to appreciate, much to my shock and utter awe.

Family is a big thing. It's so huge, its importance trumps the size of my castle, for without family, we will always find a hole in our life that's just missing, empty and devoid of the love and happiness relatives have for each other, even if actual relations are tolerable at best. I'm happy you discovered the importance of that, especially since your family's sown so much seed across the land I wonder why it hasn't been renamed Applantis by now.

Also, some congratulations are in order. Your barn is officially the record holder for the building rebuilt the most in the entirety of Equestria.

Two hundred times it's fallen, and thanks to your family reunion, it beat the previous record held by Mayor Shaker's manor in Quakestown. Although in fairness to him, he's been rebuilding that thing in the hopes of it not falling apart in the yearly earthquakes that strike the town. Two hundred manors later, he finally got it right, while everypony else decided to be more reasonably sane and NOT build their home close to the fault line.

On the plus side, his design now makes homes in precarious locations much more feasible. That's the capability of a stubborn fool for you--sometimes they pull through with a stroke of genius through naught but sheer persistence, and it benefits those crazy enough to plant their home on the side of a mountai--

I'll need to ask for those designs later, and I think I'll pass them along to you if you feel you're just done with raising barns one day. Until then, I get the sneaking suspicion this record will just reach astronomical highs for you and your family, and will no doubt be passed on through your many, many generations of fruit-named youth.

Don't forget to tell Granny about this, either. She's seen that thing fall so often I get a kick out of my day when she sends me a letter telling me just exactly how the barn fell again, so I know she'll think on it.

Keep in touch,

Princess Celestia

What? Luna, I was joking about renaming the land Applantis.

Well, yes, technically it CAN be renamed that, but that needs to go through the proper channels first. I can't just go off and call the land Solaris like you can't with Mooningham. This needs petitions and campaigns to get enough ponies onboard with it. That won't happen overnight.

Plus, it gets rid of a name half-heartedly agreed to by the leaders of three races after a cold spell in the name of equality! Surely that means something to the ponies here, right?

Right?

PreviousChapters Next