• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,434 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,434

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight's Time in the Spotlight

Princess Twilight Sparkle,

I'm so happy to see that you received your first grossly unflattering photo. The way you just tore into that Hayburger couldn't have been better short of you holding a hoofful of Hayfries and going whole-hog on that meal like Pinkie Pie would.

However, I do understand that you're a bit upset about that photograph being a source of remarkable defamation, but trust me, it's good for you! So long as it isn't something super-scandalous like sharing a kiss with a foreign dignitary or anything staining your ethics, the results of such minor issues only serve as platforms for you to stand on common ground with others around you. The less deified you appear, the better.

The ability to save face in the worst of times is something you should not overlook, my former student. That said, your actions and reactions to such "bad" publicity will absolutely determine how the public will perceive you, and the worst thing you can do at this point is deny it for something this petty. It's just food--there's no need to sweat anything over eating a burger.

Now, when you're inevitably questioned about this by the tens of hundreds or reporters that will probably swarm your library once they catch wind of another face-stuffing princess, what you should do is accept it with dignity. No "holier than thou" or any sort of vaguely condescending talk, just a good and honest, "Yes, I ate at Hayburgers, and it was good." Something modest without degrading some demographic or being too wordy--be VERY careful with how you dictate it. I don't want the Canterlot Courier going off on a wild tangent again with all princesses eating at Hayburgers and lovin' it. The LAST thing I want is to be associated with a facetious ad campaign again.

I once visited a restaurant that served such horrendous cuisine I called it, "Anything but edible. It's the worst! I would rather eat raw biscuit dough from a time than come here again." Three days later they threw up a poster with my smiling face. "Anything but... the worst! I would... come here again!" Never have I seen one of my quotes so horrendously butchered before then.

Sure, I was thought of as crazy for "generously" describing their food that way, and PR was a nightmare as I struggled to describe exactly what I ate there, literally. It had... a form, a smell, a texture... but it was not of this world, and I mean that in the worst sense possible. Sadly, that doesn't translate well when that was interpreted into "otherworldly and exotic," and the whole ordeal just went on and on for months on end, egged on by those two terrible owners.

I digress. Twilight, just... be careful. If you're not, you'll find yourself caught in a firestorm that no extinguisher can easily put out.

Best regards and well wishes,

Princess Celestia

Gods! Luna, knocking is common courtesy at this hour! What could possibly--

That... wow, that's a big Hayburger. It barely fit through the door frame.

A challenge? Luna, you can't possibly be asking--

Oh ho ho, you really think you can eat more of this burger than I can? Game on, sister! But, uh, did you bring napkins?

Good--we'll need a carpet of them on the floor. I have a feeling this will get really messy.

PreviousChapters Next