• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,434 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,434

PreviousChapters Next
Princess Celestia Has Dyed, Part 3

Journal Entry, dated… eh, it’s Tuesday and I’m still pink. I guess that makes it Pink Tuesday.

So, I learned exactly why I’ve been seeing far too many things as pink. Somepony stuck pink-tinted contacts on my eyes last night.

Ordinarily, this would have been a difficult thing to accomplish. But ever since Sunny and Moony thought it’d be funny to drop bowls of their leftover moon dust frosting on my head, I’ve been sleeping with my eyes open to ward off their sweet sneak attacks. Although I will say that their frosting was horrifyingly delectable. It’s like eating a monster made out of cotton candy!

Unfortunately, my solution to their deviant behavior left my eyes vulnerable to sabotage as I slept. I don’t know if they figured it out on their own, but I do know that whoever knew I was doing it to ward them off had the chance to plant the contacts.

And, frankly, that narrows down my list significantly to those that I’ve told about this nighttime solution, whom I’ve sworn to secrecy to keep it away from Sunny and Moony’s anxious, listening ears. And while I’d love to believe this excludes the Pink One, that’s a laughable notion.

Of course she knows. She always knows.

But all the same, I’ll speak with the first pony I’ve truly told of this particular habit. I realize today’s been incredibly busy, what with her taking on a few of my duties as I spent most of my afternoon trying (and failing) to scrub off this horrid pink color off of my coat. I could tolerate this kind of color for my hair—heck, a third of my mane and tail still keeps said natural color—but turning my whole body this color makes me feel… doll-like. Plasticky. I don’t like this one bit.

...What if I shave it off? Yes, I can regrow my coat, can’t I? Light bleaching, a touch of magic mojo, a loofah and a pumice stone aren’t cutting it, so why not actually cut it?

No, Tia! Stop thinking so drastically. Just get Luna to help. She’ll help, she’s a good sister. A great sister that may or may not have done this to me, but will surely be there in my time of need.

...Right? I mean, sure, she knows when I’m sleeping, certainly has free access to my room and has a very good motive for taking me down, but she’ll help me out with trying to fix this, won’t she?

NO wait! What if… what IF she decides to shave my hair? And what if I agree to that in desperation?! She’ll have me right where she wants me, and once it’s gone and cut there’s nothing I can do but wait for it to grow back! I can’t even risk magical hair extension—I tried that with my mane, and ponies clear over in Rainbow Falls asked me why a tri-color rainbow shot across the sky! Just imagine if I tried that on my body…

No, I dare not consider the results. The fluffy, puffy results. And I can’t get Luna’s help if she’ll just sabotage my recovery efforts further and—ah, she’s here at the door!

Uh, everything’s fine in here Luna! Still pink, but I’m working on it!

I don’t need your help! You’ll cut all of my coat hair! ALL OF IT!

Yes, you will! And I won’t allow it! NEVER!

PreviousChapters Next