• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,434 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,434

PreviousChapters Next
Mare-Do-Well at Large

Rainbow Dash,

You were doing so well, and then you fell in line with the rest of the letters. For a moment, I believed I was finally talking to a pony that isn't an aging mare, my sister, or a zebra; a pony that was past the point of object permanence, and one I could have a conversation with without having to refocus the topic every two minutes.

The moment, much like my expectations that day court would have such a pony visit at least once, was as fleeting as you.

Mayor Mare just about flipped her lid in the report she sent me. New buildings under construction topping over, a dam breaking down on the same day, and a runaway wagon careening toward a cliff?! "Madness concentrated in a single day!" she said.

I personally think that's a standard day over there, but she's lucky some hotshot hero named Mare-Do-Well managed to save the day in every situation without uttering a single word. Whoever it was, I like her just for mincing unnecessary chatter.

Anyway, I presume from this lesson of yours that this hero stole your thunder, and you went off spending too much time talking and not enough rescuing.

Take it from me when I say that talking for too long wears away the greatest of mental barricades and limits of patience. If you've spent any time around Pinkie, that lesson should have registered by now. But given the permanence of these lessons "learned" so far, I won't be surprised if this is forgotten in two weeks.

Regardless, you learned not to be as much of a braggart, and to focus in on doing the action instead of talking about it. Do not be your own bard, for if your actions are great enough, you should not have to gloat about them and let them speak for themselves.

Oh, and before I forget, extend my thanks to Fluttershy for finding that crow for Luna. My faith in her occupation is officially restored. For now.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

Luna, that is a lovely bird. You plan on taking him to night court?

Shadebeak is rather... intimidating, yes. Just don't have him carry anypony out the window or anything.

Threaten to, yes, but make sure if it happens, they get taken out the front door. Jenkins won't mind the extra fear piss. He's immune to the smell of ammonia at this point.

PreviousChapters Next