• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,428 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,428

PreviousChapters Next
Griffons Treasure Their Precious Stones

Dear Diary,

A postal griffon came by today, and tried to make me pay postage for a parcel in his possession. Namely, a box of fresh griffon scones I had ordered over a century ago. Never mind the fact that the delivery was ridiculously delayed, and the fact I had already prepaid that postage after fishing around for that receipt in my desk. Oh no, he still wanted that delivery fee.

Further, upon my query as to how Griffonstone was doing, he had the gall to suggest his words on the town were worth their weight in gold. Literally--one bit per word! Ponies are not made of money! I'm not--I barely qualify as angel food cake! And he expected full-price for something normally given out for free? Is this what Griffonstone turned into--a lawless land where one can legitimately charge a wing and a leg for rendered service?!

One stern negotiation later (coupled with an argument on the semantics of repetition, wasting words and clever wordplay), he agreed to at least make his words worth that weight, and to waste no time. Still rang me up to three hundred or so with his article usage. Clever bird.

In hindsight, this was but a paltry price to pay. I don't lie when I say I was elated when King Grover had stopped sending me ridiculous fees for border maintenance--HIS side of the border, not mine--and having the gall to charge me ten thousand bits to even have my reply land on his gilded desk. Seriously, when one has the audacity to have me pay to have my own words heard by them, I weep for their country. Then they'd probably scoop that up and sell delicious princess tears by the ounce.

It never occurred to me that the "good" king had been ousted from his throne, what with every griffon being sick of his silly taxes--you know, because money is always their problem. I suppose it was obvious, and probably a fitting end for such a wealth-obsessed griffon as him, although I did admire his good taste in jewelry.

However, fortune finally found favor for the other griffons freed from his rule, as Pinkie and Rainbow Dash had apparently set the griffons on the path of friendship instead of miserly behavior and greedy ambition. Or at least one where they stop charging each other for frivolous tasks. I seriously have my doubts, given that birdbrain bamboozler, but until I hear of a new king or queen on the throne, there is little more to judge at present time.

All there is left to do is wait and see how it develops now. Until then, I have fresh scones to eat.

Ah, these look... actually, these scones look like somepony threw them in mud, then blended in a cement mixer. But the smell is right, so they have to be good!

Ow! No! Not baked goods! Evil baked goods!

Luna, do NOT eat those terrible things! They are a baking sin on ponykind! I mean it!

What?! I warned you, but you didn't listen! Now we need two ice packs!

Pinkie better have fixed this travesty, or else she let this monstrosity continue to thrive and demolish griffonkind, one jaw at a time!

PreviousChapters Next