• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,428 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,428

PreviousChapters Next
Princess Luna's Big Day! Oh, and Twilight Too, Part 2

Discord,

Teaching Twilight a lesson in being a princess is absolutely commendable. It shows that you're trying to be productive instead of destructive, and that I appreciate. Honestly, the fact that Mayor has sent me only the usual damage reports this whole time, as opposed to one or two incidents involving a cow with udders for hooves or some other nonsense, left me stunned at how well you kept that chaos magic in check.

And then today happened. Look, I understood your plan when you told me just before I was sealed in that vine cocoon. There needed to be a way to have us vanish just as some horrid threat came about, just to see how Twilight would react as the acting princess of Canterlot, especially since Cadance was off tending to her own troubles at the Crystal Empire.

I just have one question. Why didn't you warn us this was going to happen? You could--and should--have done that, even if you didn't know when your seeds would germinate and grow. You could have told us you planted them a thousand years ago; that way, we would actually have knowledge and be less surprised at the whole capture scenario. You KNOW how I hate surprises.

But while I can tolerate your surprises, Luna can't. She was flailing and screaming the whole way to the Everfree--the fact nopony heard her was miraculous, were it not also for the fact that she was already cocooned. I guess even your vines are intolerable of loud noise.

If you have any left over, I have an idea of how to use them. I've been meaning to soundproof my tower and courtroom for a while now, and those vines seem to do the trick nicely. Sometimes Luna shouts when she sleeps.

Anyway, the next time you pull a stunt like this, do me a favor and give advance notice. That way I know what you're up to, and how to respond accordingly.

You may also tell Luna at your discretion, but I wouldn't try anything soon. Last I checked she was plotting something in revenge for locking her in a claustrophobic nightmare. You've been warned.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

PreviousChapters Next