• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,439 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,439

PreviousChapters Next
Maud Pies: They're Better Than Eating Dirt

Pinkamena Diabeetus Pie,

I am very thankful for this gift of yours. Although, I feel the need to ask a small question:

What in gods' names am I supposed to do with half a ton of rock candy necklaces?

Yes, I know I've eaten sweets in large amounts like this before, but that ended with my massive tower buckling over from the sheer weight of Luna's and my fat arses. I do NOT plan on repeating this again, no matter how tantalizingly sweet these piles smell. Although they do smell just so, SO delicious, and I'm nursing a small piece in the corner of my mouth, that does not mean I'll eat my way through all of it.

Luna, similarly, has sworn off such gorging for fear of wrecking her own tower, and I don't blame her. She did take a large sack full of them, but that's all... or was it two sacks? Maybe it was two. And a mouthful that gave me the impression she is part-chipmunk--okay, she'll probably come back for more.

Most of my guards might be able to make another small dent in this, but that would hardly matter in the long run if they balloon and can't fit in their armor again. And I can't donate the remains to the nobles again--after the first sweets overload they've taken to fad dieting, and this donation would absolutely meet resistance at every turn. I'd maybe get a few secret guilt-eaters, but it wouldn't be enough.

So, regretfully, I'd like to ask if you want some of this back. Do note that this candy won't be going in the trash if you refuse--I'll just figure out how to regift this candy some other way after taking a share that I know I can eat without having my castle reek of a candy playground. Please respond as soon as you can.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

Hello, Luna. How was your afternoon stroll down in Canterlot?

You visited Twilight’s parents? Interesting, and how did that--

Oh, you… didn’t have much in common with them. I see. Well, worry not, dear sister. This isn’t a bad thing at all.

Well, friendship with family relatives of friends you know isn’t a mandatory thing. That’s not to say you shouldn’t try and seek common ground if it’s possible, but if your only common ground is a pony you both know well, that’s not quite enough justification to seek full-on friendship. If that was all I needed, I’d be friends with every single noble pony in Canterlot, and we both know that’s not the case.

Therefore, such a situation merits acquaintanceship at best, and acknowledgement at minimum. Respect them and who they are to your friend, and that’s all you really need to do to keep relations with them at an amicable level.

Great, I’m happy you learned something from this! Now then, have you scoped out that rock candy pile enough? I’m about to head down for some more.

Wait, you let your DRAGONS see the pile? Are you out of your mind?! Rock candy is more than just rocks! It's sugar!

FLAMMABLE sugar!

No, Luna. This kind of fire is different. We need to hurry! If Pinkie catches a whiff of burnt sugar coming from Canterlot right now…

Yeah, now you get it! MOVE!

PreviousChapters Next