• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,423 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,423

PreviousChapters Next
Super Duper Party Pooper Scooper

Author's Note:

Advance notice on this letter, dear readers: This is NOT the only letter I'm writing for this episode. The Yaks will also receive a letter regarding their actions--I am NOT solely reaming Twilight for everything that went wrong, as the Yaks have done more than enough damage to merit a FAR worse rant than what you see here.

Princess Twilight,

We need to talk about things. I didn't bring this up at the party because it wasn't the right time to ask, not while Prince Rutherford was having a good time.

But what in the world made you think you could successfully duplicate all of the customs of a country that had closed its borders for hundreds of moons WITHOUT having anything come from the home country? Worse, what even led you to believe that was a good idea in the first place? Because your friends tried doing something similar for you, and you thought you could try it on them, despite the lack of proper resources?

Twilight, one cannot simply tweak a friendship lesson to work for foreigners. It doesn't work that way, and accommodating to their customs is NOT how to welcome them to our home by making it feel like their home. If they wanted things to feel like their home, they wouldn't have come here. Their borders would still be closed. The fact that you insulted their culture by constantly disappointing them with replications nearly leading to an act of WAR speaks volumes of how close this came to complete disaster. And that doesn't even include the extensive damage report Mayor Mare filed with me regarding how many things were destroyed because of those Yaks.

You are extremely fortunate Pinkie had thrown together a party truly showing what Equestria is and how it feels like to be there, with fun, games, and only some occasional destruction. It's saved me a lot of trouble, and for once, I am in Pinkie's debt that this didn't escalate further than it did. She will absolutely collect on that one day, and I won't be prepared for it. I have a bad feeling about that.

Anyway, please remember: the visitors respect the home culture, not the other way around. Your research wasn't fruitless--just heavily misplaced because you actually weren't going there yourself. I'm sure it'll be of great help to you when and if you visit their settlement, so take solace in that preparation potentially still having use.

But should war actually be a real thing against the Yaks one day--given their general attitude, I still believe it could be on the table--I think I have the perfect solution. Just load up some catapults with mud and fire it at them, and watch as they destroy themselves over their appearance not looking "perfect" anymore. That seems to be their trigger.

One last thing. Prince Rutherford also acted rather brutish despite your earnest attempts at giving him his culture, so he'll be getting a response from me as well. It won't cause war--I'll make sure it doesn't.

Love,

Princess Celestia

Oh, hello Luna. Finally put your clone in the timeout pen for drawing constellation doodles all over your bathroom?

Oh, mine's taking a trip to the Crystal Empire. She wanted to see the sights and such, so I let her go. She'll also be asking Cadance a small question as to why she passed the buck on the responsibility of properly greeting the Yaks into Equestria.

Well, I can't have Twilight do everything for foreign relations just because she's the Princess of Friendship! We're picking up on our slack, and Cadance herself told us she was looking for more to do, so why didn't she do it? That's what the other me will find out soon.

PreviousChapters Next