• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,423 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,423

PreviousChapters Next
...But It's Not Hard to Say Anything About Who was With Them

Dear Big Macintosh,

I’m certain your sister’s given you an earful by now of how important it is to let others know about where you go when you leave the orchard, or in this case where your younger sibling and her friends wander off to that just so happens to be where you are because they snuck onto your apple cart without you noticing. I’m certain two other ponies have given you similar earfuls for this information that could have been sent to them in less than twenty-four hours and wholly prevented a nationwide marehunt for three potentially endangering ponies. As much as I’d love to add my two bits to this, you probably have enough bits on hoof from this to buy yourself a new yoke that feels slightly less constricting on your neck.

However, there’s still some bits I can throw in regarding the excuse you gave as to why said message had not been relayed: you were chasing tail while following the antiquated courting advice of the three ponies that also gave you antiquated love poison.

It sounds ridiculous when I put it that way, and it should because that’s how your head needed to parse it. Big, romantic gestures like what you tried are all show and no substance. The only reason to use one is if you are a noble, because nobles are the rare breed that somehow manage to keep medieval wooing standards in peak condition.

Most nobles, anyway. Some have adopted more progressive standards while others will persist with a wicked motherly creature ripped straight out of a world filled with devilish cats and fairy godmothers.

But enough about Filthy Rich’s taste in mares. You managed to woo your romantic interest with a gesture that actually meant something to her, and that’s worth jumping for joy. Gods know what others thought would be in store for you (or might still be, on the off-chance this doesn’t work out), but for what it’s worth I wish you well in your future encounters with your potential special somepony.

Just don’t take romantic advice from children ever again. That’s all I ask.

Hoping your ears still function after three ponies screamed them to deaf,

Princess Celestia

Sunny? You seem awfully ecstatic tonight. Did something happen with your new sanctuary, or…


Who. Is. That?

Sir Croak M. Boosh, is it? Oh no no, he simply will NOT do as your new boyfriend. Blessings?! Unbelievable! I refuse to grant that so easily. Not until I've taken the time to get to know your new suitor.Don't worry about a thing. I'm just going to test his... resolve for a few minutes. I'm not going to do anything to him! I know he looks sweet, but I have to know that's not just on the outside, understand?

Author's Note:

I thought about this episode for a while, and whether or not I should address the fact that no one noticed three teenage girls disappearing in broad daylight, or focus on misguided romance tactics.

Then I realized it wasn't a Split decision and I could do both, so here we are!

PreviousChapters Next