• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,435 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,435

PreviousChapters Next
Bought in Manehatten, Made in Phillydelphia, Shipped to Canterlot

Princess Twilight,

Look, I get it. You're bored out of your wits with nothing to do. After reading a whole two pages worth of complaining about this table not sending you anywhere since the Equal incident, with the first page devoted to Pinkie and Rainbow and the second to Rarity and Applestack, I am quite thoroughly convinced of this fact.

And then there was the third page devoted to you having nothing to read. Seriously? You burned through ALL of those books I transferred over? Well, you should have told me if you wanted more! The Canterlot library refreshed its stock just last week after my insistence on getting everything updated to keep up with that pesky map of yours, so by all means, fling a list of books at me, and I'll see what I can do.

Now, if you want something more immediate to do, maybe instead of lamenting about your boredom, you chill with your friends instead? I mean, sure, two of them left, but you still have three left in your roster you can do something with, right? Maybe Spike developed some kind of gem-digging hobby you could join him in, if you're desperate.

But if you're looking for a particular assignment from me, I do have one in mind. You recall Starswirl the Bearded's wing filled with scrolls, books, and all of his various knick-knacks? Well, the place was turned upside-down in a ransacking, and absolutely nothing was left untouched in there. Now, I know it's not like you to leave a mess this horrendous, barring the magic broom incident, but we don't have a suspect pinned down yet for this intrusion. We're working on that, however.

In the meantime, it's been a nightmare sorting through all of this by myself. No, I can't get help either. Luna's busy tending to a few afternoon duties for me while I handle this mess, and the guards are busy keeping the castle secure as a result of this nasty ransacking. The maids are busy cleaning up another disaster in the kitchen after somepony tried to make a Moon Meringue Pie--I'm fairly certain pies are not supposed to wheeze and moan.

The Wonderbolts, perhaps unsurprisingly, have yet to respond to my call for aid. And while I'd enlist the aid of the townsfolk in this matter, that would also mean the press would have another field day belittling my security measures. Oh, the things you should have seen in the papers, insinuating that I've hired changelings on my staff! I--well, that's technically true with Cuppa Joe now, but not at the time of that article!

Ahem, anyway, if you happen to have the free time, I could use the help--oh dear, I stepped on a crystal ball. You might want to bring some boots in advance if you're coming.

Love,

Princess Celestia

Oh no no no, you don't just throw anything back on the shelf! That's not how it works!

Yes, there has to be some kind of organization! A method to the madness! Does your--I mean MY room look like this at all?! That's why I could really use help that knows how to keep order!

Augh, you really need to be taught some organizational skills, but who... wait. Waiiiiiit just a minute.

Yes, that is a lightbulb over my head. Don't know why it's there, but it's quite appropriate.

Author's Note:

Greetings, good folk! Man, watching this week's coin-flipped Applebuck Season with a dash of downscaling to make things fit at the end was a simple, but effective combination.

Regarding my letter for Friendship Games, I will wait on posting it until I have a firm grasp on when it fits in the timeline of the series. Plus, I've started a small mini-arc in the ending bit for this letter, and I'd rather not shoehorn the Games letter into that arc.

Thank you for your understanding, and as always, thanks for reading!

PreviousChapters Next