• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,434 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,434

PreviousChapters Next
Cheesy Muenster Chronicles

My faithful student,

The letter is so cheesy I could throw it in my sandwich and mistake it for aged white cheddar. I hear the rats in the walls scurrying around, waiting until I leave the room to chew this into shreds. And Luna's at the door, mewling like a kitten somehow. She has a thing for cheese, so even she smells it coming off of this--

Luna, stop that scratching! This isn't cheese! It's Twilight's friendship report!

...well, yes, it's technically edible, but you can't eat it! These things are important! Probably!

Luna, just go to the kitchen if you want cheese that badly! Or make your moon cheese! You can do that, right? I don't care, do something besides kicking my door down!

...ahem, my apologies. Where was I?

Ah yes, seeing rainbows, future friends seeing the same thing you are. Well, yes, I'm sure on some level everypony is going to see something at one point and their future friends might also be looking at it, even if they don't know you yet. Cute conclusion, even if it's a tad lacking in scope.

Because, technically, wouldn't your enemies also see something like that too? You can't like everypony you meet, because some you'll come across just won't want to be your friend, or worse, your foe.

You'll also run out of bucks to give before you reach the hundredth "friend" you find. Trust me on that; compassion exhaustion is a thing that happens to those that spend too much time tending to the needy or being too friendly... or just being here for a long, long time. And day court multiplies that feeling of a long time passing exponentially.

Every time I hear something ridiculous in my court, the same recurring thought enters my head: "Well, now you've heard everything." No. I haven't, and they're going to prove me wrong without fail. Stupid is eternal.

You'll understand this one day, my student. You'll be in some kind of situation where you're stuck listening to dumb problems devoid of common sense. I'm not sure when, but it will happen. And when it does, you'll really know what it means to give a buck about something.

Love,

Princess Celestia

Luna, for the last time, this letter is not for eati--

That is a giant cheese wheel. I hate to ask, but where did you even get that?

You took it from the dungeon?! That's for Larry the Giant Rat! Luna, if he doesn't get that cheese, our sewer system will go to... Just take it back!

PreviousChapters Next