• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,428 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,428

PreviousChapters Next
New Canterlot Boutique Chic! Dress to Impress and Find Success!

Dear Rarity,

Sassy Saddles? Really? That's who you chose to run your Boutique in Canterlot? Are you sure that's a good idea?

You've likely seen her résumé, I'm sure. I've even seen it, in a sense--she's worked at over twenty different high-profile boutiques all over Canterlot. All of which proudly displayed her name, what with her being the biggest promoter and manager they've ever had trot into their business, only for them to close for good barely a year in with her working with them. If they're lucky, they go for two years. A flash in the pan comes to mind.

But I suppose you knew all of this, right? I mean, you did interview her about her previous job experience, correct? It would be highly irresponsible of you to hire her just from looking at her résumé. And since I know you're a stickler for detail in your line of work, you would have asked her all about where she worked, what she did for them, why she left... you know, some of the essentials that her résumé didn't fully cover.

Well, she must have passed your expectations with flying colors. And like any good franchise owner, you probably told her all about what you wanted your Canterlot Boutique to be the instant she was hired. I know it's not like you to just wing it like Rainbow Dash, so you covered all the bases with Sassy on or before the grand opening day, just to keep everything on the straight and narrow.

Although... the day after your grand opening, the first thing I saw going through town was everypony wearing the same dress like they all came straight out of a third-world sweatshop. I know for a fact that's Sassy's hoofwork, since your usual work is all about making unique, flawless dresses and outfits, quality over quantity, the little things that highlight individuality instead of conformity, etc. I'd feared the worst for you, in that she had folded you into her designs for where your Boutique would go, instead of what you wanted it to be. Perhaps it was a grand miscommunication of some sort where she didn't listen to you at all--that happens all the time with the nobles, let me tell you.

But you finally said something to her, didn't you? Something that got through her thick skull regarding the fact that it was your business, your standards and your style, or "Time, Love, and Couture," as she told me when I stopped by a few days after you left. For once, she seemed more focused on your desires for the Canterlot Boutique's future, something I never expected to see change in her. It was quite enlightening.

Even so, I would keep a close eye on her. Just because you broke through once doesn't mean she won't revert to her old ways later. This is your franchise, Rarity, so you better make sure she keeps your standards close to heart while running it in your stead. Or else it won't be your business anymore; it will be hers. And we know what happened to those.

I wish you good luck with this business venture, Rarity. Remember to keep a tight leash on standby--trust me, you'll need it.

Best regards,

Princess Celestia

Evening, Luna. That's... Uh, that's my sunlight dress you're wearing. And what's with that playful smirk on your face?

Do I want to look like you? What gave you that idea--oh nononono no! You keep that starry dress of yours away from me!

Well, yes, I agree that wearing my dress is redundant, but that doesn't mean--MMPHPFF! Hey! I said I didn't want to wear--FFPHMMF!

Alright, fine! We can roleplay as each other for tonight, but ONLY tonight, okay? I don't want the guards to get even more confused than they already are with our clones. Or confusing our clones. Especially both.

PreviousChapters Next