• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,431 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,431

PreviousChapters Next
Dance Dance Revolution: Magic Mix

Dear Princess Celestia,

I could use a little consultation on how I should address my students on the subject of gambling. Any advice you can give me in regards to allocating fundraised money toward costume design and risking that cost on winning a dance music video competition?

I’m concerned on how to word this properly as they ended up winning the competition, but I don’t want them to let that victory get to their heads when they ponied up much more than meager school pride for Camp Everfree’s restoration project. Is it too much to ask them to consider how they could have possibly bounced back from a loss like that if they didn’t win? Or that they could have at least tried what Slapjack had for her fundraising idea first before betting the campground’s cleanup cash?

Although… in retrospect I wouldn’t be surprised if that was their fallback if the bet failed. Heavens know those Apples could raise a massive ark if they wanted to, and there hasn’t been much in the way of stiff competition for their Summer Cider sale ever since the makers of Pear Ale moved away. I miss those days.

Anyway, focus. Gambling is bad, but is there anything else I should add? Thanks in advance when you get this.

Regards,

Principal Celestia

P.S. Do I owe Granny ten dollars for asking you for advice on gambling? Is it cheating if I ask myself?

~~~

Dear Principal Celestia,

If you’re going to say anything about gambling or bets, the only safe ones to make are good-natured ones made between friends.

That said, you’re totally cheating by asking me, and I’m saying that as your bear—er, pony in the hole. Though, I’m not sure if the real reason of “I’m speaking to myself from a parallel pony world” is a reason she’ll parse without asking you questions. It’s up to you if you want to try and explain that, though it’s best to be honorable here. “Few things can spoil a friendship faster than bein’ a dirty liar,” as my Granny likes to say.

Plus, I now owe my Granny ten bits. I bet her that nopony would ever come to me for gambling advice, but here we are. I’ll pay my dues; you see to yours.

Best of Luck Not Related to Gambling,

Princess Celestia

PreviousChapters Next