• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 20,434 Views, 5,762 Comments

Letters from an Irritated Princess - Tired Old Man



Celestia writes some blunt letters to her faithful student and friends.

  • ...
71
 5,762
 20,434

PreviousChapters Next
Cuties Contract Poxes, Viral or Otherwise

Dearest Apple Bloom,

Waiting for your heart's desire is the greatest test of patience on this earth. Having been here for over a millenium, I can safely tell you that I’ve done a lot of waiting. Far too much waiting, all for things like improvement of the general populace, removal of bigots from my council, figuring out any and all exciting methods to make day court pass by in the blink of an eye without altering the fabric of space-time. You know, the little things in life.

Although I personally believe that waiting is one of the worst actions to take. Working is far better.

Waiting implies that it will come to you eventually without you actively seeking it. It’s the sort of thing one hears from a spoiled little richy rich filly: “My daddy handles everything! Why should I go out and get things done when it can just come to me?” Such an entitled declaration sickens me to my core, and it is one that defeats the very purpose of earning things in honesty when it’s hoofed to you on the silveriest of silver platters.

And so does shortcuts, as I’m told through Zecora you found out the hard way. Cutie Pox is serious business, and you should really thank Zecora again for what she did to assist you. Those Seeds of Truth are exceedingly rare, and the fact that she used some of them on you puts you quite high on her list of friends.

Higher than me, actually. She doesn’t even put the leaves in her tea blends, claiming they impart an extreme bitter taste when brewed. I call bull on that; Cuppa’s 47th failed brew was bitter enough to make bile palatable.

Anyway, working is far better a task to commit to achieve your goals. I'm certain that's something you already know given you work on an orchard that grows... oranges? Peaches? Cherries? I know it's a tree fruit, but with each one you pick and harvest, you learn the value of effort to yield rewards, and that's more that can be said if you waited for such a reward to come.

I wouldn't be surprised if you earned a Hidden Mark at this point, but don't go looking for that.

Give my regards to Granny Smith, and let her know I'll be free this Sunday. Please tell her I'll meet her at "Bull's Horn."

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

Luna, since when could you hold your own liquor?

...okay, I'm not even going to ask how you fermented alcohol, but seriously? Moonshine? Should I invent a liquor and call it Sun Beam?

Anyway, if you insist on tagging along, I'll send another letter asking that Little Mac come as well. It's been quite a while since I've seen him, so I'm not sure if that name's accurate.

Hopefully we'll find out, sister.

PreviousChapters Next