Songs of the Spheres: Extended Multiverse 215 members · 58 stories
Comments ( 505 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 505

killme2paza's Different View series - a rare Equis-Equis mirror pairing versus Equis-Earth pairing .

Also, a +1 to Avatar: The Last Alicorn. That was a good series. Not too sure about The Legend of Diamond Tiara, tho. Kinda like The Legend of Korra vs Avatar

Well, GM's already made that choice for me, so let's make it official: The Implicit Neighs offers an entire planet-spanning organization of explosion-loving mad scientist-wizards for Seren to bond with, a justification for Squiddie's existence through the gene-splicing Guardian Project, familiar faces in very unfamiliar roles... and a Sweetie whose sister is in some very interesting circumstances. Plus, the entire planet's political stability is a desperate plate-spinning act at the best of times, so throwing the Merodi at it should make for some hilarious chaos, especially if it draws the attention of the local Discord.

And while we're on the subject, how has no one recommended The Rise and Fall of the Dark Lord Sassaflash yet? Now there's a Sweetie with some stories to tell.

GMBlackjack
Group Admin

Alas, Botnik Sparkle Makes a Hoof, you were so excellent, you made me break out laughing multiple times, and you were a supreme enjoyment.

But your inclusion in the LSB was simply not to be. Enjoy the favorite and the unfortunate rejection from inclusion...

*dramatic Shakespearean pose, followed by miniskirt apples.*

-GM, master of that teapot.

RQK

The Crystal Ball Trilogy

Author of this recommendation here. Bookshelf add brought me over this way.

Something I just want to mention is that the above contains two more stories (here and here), and the third one, in particular, is currently in progress. If you do determine that you want this and it meshes well (thematically and mechanically), I am willing to answer any questions about it, though. For now, I’ll throw out a blessing~

Rites of Ascension
Alarm Clock
Pony POV
Cryo-7
Scion of Chaos
Three Hundred and Fifty
Simply Rarity
Split Second
The Immortal Game
A little loopy
Arrow 18 Mission Logs
Three Wishes
Stardust/Mente Materia

The Moonstone Cup would break into wonderful chaos from interdimensional visitors. Has an added curiosity of being and old fic, therefore having much more of an mystical and magical aspect to it when comparing to modern Equestria.

Maretian would derail wonderfully. Also would have a bonus for being a double-crossover and having a compatible multiverse already canon.

Past Sins for fun times. Kind of honestly surprised we haven't seen any Nyx running around in Merodi.

Background Pony. For the love of God Lyra deserves a happy ending.

GMBlackjack
Group Admin

Nyx was in the Christmas special, Carols of Chaos.

-GM, master of rods.

Got just two suggestions (technically a few more than two, but neeeeeh) this time.

Best Hell Ever and/or its sequel, Heaven of a Hell.
My Little Apprentice and its sequels/prequels/sidestories.

And the obligatory uppledoots:

Background Pony
The Monster in the Twilight
Fortressshy: The Nine Fathers
The Sparkle in his Eye
Three More Things

Verse Averse: Tales of the Versebreakers presents an organization that should definitely disquiet a group of Sweetie Belles. How do they react when confronted with ponies who disrupt heartsongs for the greater good?

(The greater—)

Shut it!

maybe that as a view of the aftermath as long as does not mind

Prototype: Equestria Strains seems to work with a compatible multiverse model.

Friendship is Monsters has an Earth-like culture, albeit one populated both by humans and by just about every fantasy or fairytale monster you could think of. Technology is standard modern-day human level. Magic exists, but is treated as a mundane fact of life rather than anything special, and is classified and analyzed scientifically.

At the time that the fic is set, humans and monsters are coexisting with an uneasy peace, due to a treaty that was agreed a century or two ago; prior to this, monsters behaved a lot more monstrously, and humans fought them for their survival, resulting in a lot of bloody violence and death. In the modern day, it's seen as socially progressive for humans and monsters to interact; however, some of the attitudes and memories of the time of violence are still present in the older generations.

Sweetie Belle has been mentioned but has not appeared in-story. From her relation to Rarity, she would be a young unicorn satyr: essentially a bipedal unicorn-girl with a lion-like tail. She is friends with Apple Bloom (a dryad) and Scootaloo (species not mentioned, but from context she is probably a harpy).

I second:

My Little Apprentice
Background Pony
Crusaders
Harpflank and Sweets
Upheaval
Patchwork Alicorn
Celestia's Tiny Student

More to add:

Tilt
It Takes a Village
Like Me
Sunset & For Want of a Dawn
Scootaling
To Change a Heart
Flesh and Blood
The Last Crusade
Clean Slate
Zapfilly
Apple Bloom and the Golden Apples
Discord's Parting Gift to the CMC
Why Am I Crying
History Repeats
Time Crusade
CUTIE MARK CRUSADER SLEEPOVER AT OCTAVIA'S YAY
My Sister
Rainbow Dash, Please Describe Red
We Three Alicorns
One in a Million
How Hard Could it Be
In Another Pony's Hooves & Family Secrets
This Side of Eternity
Bring Me the Heads of the Cutie Mark Crusaders
Cutie Mark Crusadicorn
Role Reversal
Crusade at Midnight Castle
Everypony Wants a Sweetie Belle
This War of Ours
Goodbye, Crusaders
I Dream of Evil Shampoo
Snails 1/2
Cutie Mark Crusader PRINCESSES
Where did you come from
Mirage
The Price of the Cutie Mark
The Engineer's Wings
The Sweet Spot
The Blue Mage
What a Twist
Mantles
A Head Full of Clay
My Worst Enemy
Your Prince is in Another Castle
What I brought back from Manehatten & Floret
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch...
The Order & What Hath Joined Together
Only the Good Die Young
A Guide to Magic
Cutie Unmarked
Rise of the Apple Princess
Apple Boom
Having a Ball
The Sweetest Gem
Dear Sweetie Belle, Dear Applebloom & Dear Scootaloo
Minuette's Lesson
Dreamlocked
A Filly to a Mob
Silicon and Fur: A Rememberance of Equestria
I'm Sorry, Sis: Sweetie Belle
Twilight Verbs Article Nouns
Silent Jade
Transcendence
Buzz
Just Winging It
Flying High
Light the Sky on Fire
Keeping Your Balance
Junior Speedster

Alright, so that's part three of my recommendations. Would you accept an isolated section of a story for recommendation? Can't help but wonder what Wanderlost could be like if it were to connect with TLoSB.

For posterity: Not the Hero This is the mary sue meta fic you want, if you ever want that concept.

I'll go through the list and suggest later.

GMBlackjack
Group Admin

Good gravy all that took forever to index...

I tend to like reading an ENTIRE story for this purpose, but if the story you want to suggest is part of an anthology or something, I don't see what the issue would be. (You can suggest it regardless and I can make my judgement later.)

I will probably not include Wanderlost. Simply because I'm not that huge of a fan of it, even though I wrote it. Some elements of it DID end up appearing in Songs of the Spheres though, through Mite.

-GM, master of LOST.

I came here to see who suggested Clean Slate. (Hi, CMC4TW!)

I'd be happy for you to visit, but I'll be the first to admit that the story's Sweetie Belle fits the standard template described in The League of Sweetie Belles.

You know, keeping a list of characters to watch out for could help narrow the results a bit. What're you really after in character development?

GMBlackjack
Group Admin

Hmm... Can I really spoil a story where the 'plan' is specifically designed to be overturned at a moment's notice?

I can, yes.

Part of the charm of LSB is that even I'm not sure where it's going to go. Sure, I know what the character's secrets are, and a general idea of when those are going to be revealed. Another fun bit is that those plans can be changed in an instant if the right story comes along and surprises everything. I'm not committed to my plans for the future, just the backstories.

All of the Sweeties need to go through some sort of Character Arc (besides Burgerbelle) so if you think a story fits any particular one of them, you could tell me that. Part of Cinder's is that she needs to become acclimated to the horrors and weirdness of the multiverse, but I think that's going down just fine with random fics appearing here and there.

Tell me whatever your ideas are. If I'm willing to go through a list of hundreds of fics i'm probably willing to listen to all your ideas.

-GM, master of ==>

Not a fanfic but a big hulking novel and a classic high-concept multiverse fantasy scenario:
Nine Princes in Amber by Roger Zelazny

The novel starts with an amnesiac man in a hospital on contemporary Earth, who later discovers he is part of a royal family, directly related to the forces of chaos and order (whose incarnation is a unicorn). On his quest to his "rightful" place on the now vacated throne of the City of Amber, the one true City, he travels the multiverse by willing the essence of the planes (called shadows, as in "all other world are just shadows of the true world") to fit his vision - an ability all members of the royal family have.

So, a prince of Amber just walks around, imagines a road leading into a forest right around the corner, and by the next corner, it is so. A bush behind a rock, some leaves red, a gust of dry wind, whirling up leaves tinting the air green momentarily, the sound of a river just around a bend in the forest road, the water an impossible blue, a small wooden pastel painted bridge leading over it, trees clearing and giving way for lush grassland with a multitude of flowers, the sound of hoves on gravel, friendly chatter, a village in the distance, two ponies walking towards him, one giggling at something the said.

There's a centuries old debate among the princes (and princesses) if they create worlds by "walking the shadows" or if all worlds are already there just waiting to be found. In the end it doesn't matter, because the end result is the same: If they can imagine a world and find a way to it (because shadow walking requires to go from A to B before going to C).

So, they could very well stumble upon Ponyville or Merodi Universalis. In the sequel, one prince even visited the world of Alice in Wonderland after getting high on psychodelic drugs.

Anyway, the novels are an awesome read and I can recommend it to anyone.

PS: Their shadow walking powers allow them to find different versions of e.g. Earth which only deviate by a single minor detail, or the same world but in the past. They can imagine any historic of fictional person they could imagine, but once the world exists, they have no control over it whatsoever.
So, they are both weaker and stronger than prophets.

GMBlackjack
Group Admin

While amazing, LSB, unfortunately, has a limitation in it: that it is a cross over with PONY stuff, not original stuff. Those books certainly sound interesting, but sadly aren't viable.

-GM, master of limits.

technically, Amber has a unicorn in it. ;)

Anyway, just keep it as book recommendation or inspiration for other ways of handling a multiverse.

I really enjoy your Spheresongverse. I didn't expect a concept like this to work out as well as it did, but you managed it.
Well done.

speaking of equestria at war....kinda

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/234618/the-nineteenth-century-the-saga-of-equestria

I thought id send you a fic....its....not finished though but does it have to be?

GMBlackjack
Group Admin

No it does not have to be finished.

cool I hope its accepted

I'll put in an extra vote for Three Hundred and Fifty (one of my all-time faves).

Also, just for funsies, My Little Rarity: Rarity is Rarity.

The Empty Room is going to be in TSC canon. USE THIS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE.

Three Wishes is definitely a world you want to visit, though character development really depends on how far into the timeline you want to go.

Simply Rarity could be a really good roller coaster moment for the entire League, actually. I really don't want to spoil the big reason why, but it'd be a freaking doozy. There's also the matter of a certain character that had an ambiguous ending which you could use to expand on the world.

A Filly to a Mob would be yet another doozy to include, considering what happens in the story. Nira could possibly find development here, but I don't know enough about her to tell.

I'll have to think about more ideas later, but you can more than likely expect more.

Good gravy the list has gotten long.

Adding new suggestions! Not exactly a story, but here's the Black Lagoon-esque post-disaster comic: Rogue Diamond. It's been in progress for years, but the exceedingly high quality and darker take on Celestia make it very enjoyable. Plus, it makes Spike a badass, and that's an instant approval for me.
In addition, I'll also put forward Iron Hearts again, seeing as the latest story just completed and showed some proper badassery.
And lastly, for a really, REALLY wacky and wild story, here's Magical Girl Sunny, which has Sunset Shimmer as a Magical Girl super heroine. Super fun, super bonkers. THAT IS ALL FOR TODAY

How about Blackdrag-Rose's Dragonball Super: Fate Of The Multiverse? I'm not sure how to post links and I only have an XBOX for internet access so if someone else would provide a link if necessary? There's also The Thousand Year Change by Darthvalgaav's what if scenario that could be an alternate universe.

Only one this time, it's Applied Scootascience. I'm only on the first chapter and the giggles is already overwhelming

I noticed your list, please add another vote to Of The Hive, Split Second, Soldier Of Magic, Second Princess of the Night, The Three Sisters, The Infestation of Equiss Prime, Metroid: Equis, Friendship is Scaleless, Friendship is Monsters, and Oskar Osaker. Another good set is Past Sins, Fortresshy: The Nine Fathers, The Sparkle In His Eye, Three More Things, Dante's Little Apple Surprise, Denouement Duet (3rd story in its series), There's No Pony I'd Rather Be Than Me, and Batmare Beyond.

GMBlackjack
Group Admin

For future reference please link stories that aren't already on the list. I already got them, but it took some searching.
-Gm, master of ice.

Sorry, but I don't know how to link anything.:fluttercry: I would if I knew how.

GMBlackjack
Group Admin

Copy-pasting a link directly from your browser works if you don't want to get complicated. For instance, I just go to the top of my browser window here, copy it, and...

https://www.fimfiction.net/group/213761/songs-of-the-spheres-extended-multiverse/thread/390984/the-league-of-sweetie-belles-post#comment/6845277

There we go, a link to this page. Tah-dah! (Naturally this leads back to this page so it doesn't go anywhere, but it's still a link.)

-GM, master of links.

I'm limited to the commands on xbox's internet explorer, any advice for that? If not then I offer my apologies and will list story suggestions by title and auther name.

GMBlackjack
Group Admin

Best I could find is this "However, if you have a keyboard attached to the console you should be able to press CTRL-C to copy and CTRL-V to paste." I don't know how to use the xbox, admittedly, but once you have the URL highlighted in any way you should be able to do htis. Assuming you're using a keyboard. And if you're not man you're patient with controller typing.

-GM, master of IE.

I'm patient, controller only over here. Is my alternative method acceptable?

GMBlackjack
Group Admin

Eh, it'll work fine in that case. Just mildly annoying.

-GM, master of being impressed by your patience.

I have changed my mind... I have possibly found something funnier than Know Your Mare. I present you The Vinyl Scratch Tapes the audio version (radio if you prefer) can be found here

In the interests of shameless partiality I'll add a vote for Applied Scootascience too ('cause Samey is awesome and I was a prereader on it :twilightsheepish:). It's a farcical comedy/horror in which Scootaloo uses the mirror pool to obtain a set of clones for scientific flight testing.

Also oh my god I just remembered

The Sweetie clones in this fic have a certain coincidental similarity with a certain LSB member...

I think that Starcraft: Queen and Country would be interesting for the Sweeties to visit.

Edit:
I just noticed that The Infestation of Equiss Prime is already here, which would make both story visits much more interesting...

...okay, I lied. Silly me didn't think my Read Laters were important. Well, they were! And I found some really cool stories I'd never have found if I'd stayed so narrow-minded! To make up for my deception, I'll only describe every story in ten seconds or less. A compromise between information and curtness.

Readyseggo.

Upvotes:

Suggestions:

Last thing, which I'll have to break my own rule on. Most of Tatsurou's displacement stories plus whatever sequels they have are all in one big multiverse called the PWNYVerse. If you want to do individual stories of his, that's cool, but if you want to do the PWNYverse as a whole... be prepared to do a lot of reading. Order and Chaos is technically the 'first' story in the series, and the stories that are currently in your list are Fortresshy: the Nine Fathers, The Sparkle In His Eye, Three More Things, Dante's Little Apple Surprise, Wily's Wittle Wub, There's Nopony I'd Rather be Than Me, and Batmare Beyond. This is neither a suggestion nor an upvote; just a notification.

I talk a lot. And I'm probably just going to keep complaining about it instead of trying to fix it. But this is my last message here, I swear!

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/16358/my-choices-twisted-tales-through-time warning authors might say no but still good story

upvotes:
Tat's PWNYverse stories.
18 Arrow
Unity
Necromancy for Foals
New World New Way
The Iron HOrse

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 505