• Published 16th Jun 2018
  • 5,690 Views, 3,272 Comments

Dadonequus Discord (Book 2) - CrazedLaughter



With the exodus of Chrysalis, Anon's life finally starts to go back to normal. Or rather, as normal as it can be when being the adopted son of the spirit of chaos. But new problems await him. What they are? Who knows...

  • ...
41
 3,272
 5,690

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 283 - The Clash of Bugs

Author's Note:

I once again ask for forgiveness.

I'll be honest, my writing drive hasn't been good lately. My health has been random, I am not fully comfortable with the move, even if, realistically, it is for the better. And I'll be honest, the sound levels in said room are so right that I've been falling asleep randomly since it covers my tenneitis so well. This on top of family issues, well, I'm just trying to get my mind in order. Even if I write these little tidbits, I will try to press on. I know all I have to do is adjust and I'll be back to how things should be.

Everyone was gathered in Chrysalis’s room… Except for two, but Discord hadn’t shown up since he exploded. But there was another.

It seems Chrysalis was able to gather everyone on her end to her room, all except for one, the other one.

Ocellus had taken to hiding, apparently the moment Chrysalis showed up in front of them. There was an argument about Ocellus's reaction, of course, with the rest of the gang wanting to help find her and talk to her. But no, you didn’t have time for that, you didn’t have time to finally have Ocellus face her mother through any other means but your own. With Starlight’s help, you headed back into the basement cave in search of Ocellus.

“Ocellus…” You grumbled to yourself as you began to look through the basement cave. There were many a pony sleeping down here from the town, from Mayor Mare to Missus Cake and her children… with Mister Cake nowhere to be found. “How are we even supposed to find her without a changeling to sniff her out?”

“Well, that’s why I’m using a locator spell. I know you want to talk to her yourself, but this is a situation that requires a more delicate touch. Anon, you can’t be mad at her for how she feels.” Starlight said to you as her horn began to glow. She held up a bit of wing from Chrysalis’s own back, something she had actually allowed to be plucked to help in this endeavor, and zapped it. “There we are…” the light around Starlight’s horn began to bend forward and upwards, indicating that Ocellus was ahead, on the ceiling of the cave.

“Starlight, we really don’t have time for this bullshit. If it wasn't for that dream I had, I wouldn’t even be wasting my time.” You said as you stared at the light bending from her horn.

“Well, she really hasn’t had time to cope with the fact she’s going to have to work with Chrysalis. We have to convince her to come with us without scaring her.” Starlight then gives you a hard stare. “So don’t pull any of that human crap, okay? Erm, that is the right word for it, right?” She asked, her sternness half leaving her face.

“Right…” You groaned before looking back at her. “So, how do you want to do this, exactly?”

“We explain how dire the situation is, and we doubly explain to her that all of her friends are waiting for her.” Starlight explained.

“Why didn’t we just bring them again?” You asked.

“Because, as much as Twilight would do her whole ‘strength in friendship’ thing, we gotta be real here. She needs to get over her fear of Chrysalis on her own, with only a push from us. We know Chrysalis isn’t going to do anything to her.” Starlight, once again, explained. “Let’s just get it over with.” Starlight said as she grumbled under her breath. “We really shouldn’t have to involve them anyway…” Starlight then looked upwards, and quietly called out to Ocellus as to not wake anyone else up in the cave. “Ocellus, I can see you up there. Disguising yourself as a stalactite.”

You looked up and squinted your eyes… You could see it, there was a sharp rock trembling up above.

“...Please, I’m not ready to face her. I could feel her, her aura is-is… it’s menacing, I’m scared.” Ocellus said, still maintaining her form as tears began to drip down along her stony figure.

“Ocellus, I know you’re scared. We’re all scared. I don’t want to sound insensitive, but look around you, all of the residents of Ponyville here who lost their homes, their families, they’re scared too, and helping them is more important than how you feel about Chrysalis right now.” Starlight told her.

Wow, that sounded kinda harsh. You thought she was going to be delicate.

Ocellus didn’t answer, but she was still shaking. She was listening, and she must already know Starlight was right. Starlight then spoke to her again. “Ocellus, as your counselor, I would love to help you through this. But as your friend? You need to cut the crap.”

Oh, woah, what? “Starlight?”

“Hold on, Anon.” Starlight said to you as she looked up at Ocellus. “I get it, it stinks, you don’t want to have to interact with her. But that’s because you just feel more comfortable fearing her than talking to her. Look around you, do you think the old Chrysalis would have taken in the town like this? No, she wouldn’t. She’s risking her life, right now, to help save Equestria. I’m sorry that fate seems to want to involve you. If I had the power, I wouldn’t involve any of you. But if dimensional theory is correct, and all our lives have had viewable patterns, then I believe all the dreams you, your friends, and Anon have had mean something. We need you, we need everycreature. So, I’m going to give you a choice: You can either stay here and think of the ‘what if’, or you can face your fear, straight in the eye, and see that there’s no reason to be afraid. Chrysalis is as good as any of us. A little rough, sure, but if Fluttershy can handle her, then so can you. So, what is your choice?”

“Holy… Damn… Starlight? What was that?” You whispered to her. "I thought you were going to be delicate?"

“I thought that was delicate, I could have been much worse, trust me. I want to save everycreature, Anon. I feel bad, I don’t want to involve any of the students…” She then looks at you. “How much weight do you put on that dream anyway?”

“I hate to say it, but a lot. It happened for a reason.” You whisper back to her.

Starlight sighed and looked down, frowning. “Figured…”

Ocellus transformed back to her original form. She was shivering as she flew down and stared at the both of you. At first, it looked like she was going to say something. And she almost did. Until…

“Impressive, I didn’t think any of Twilight Sparkle’s friends were capable of that.” Said a voice from behind, prompting Ocellus to squeal and hide in front of Starlight.

“Chrysalis?” The both of you said as you looked back.

There she stood. No grin, nor malice on her face, she just seemed stoic with some annoyance. “Yes, I’m aware that it's surprising that I’m here.” Chrysalis said before going silent, her eyes shifting towards Starlight, or moreso, Ocellus. “Ocellus…”

“W-what?” Ocellus froze, and dared to look over at her. “Y-you remember my name?”

“If I gave any of my children a name, then I’ll always remember it. Now, I’ll keep things simple. All of you have gone on your own to follow your new king. Thus, it is your responsibility to protect the hive, you know this. If you wish to continue to hate me, that’s fine, I really don’t care anymore, it doesn’t matter to me. But I have come to understand the machinations of this world, and our enemies have come to understand them as well, and seek to go against that. If you do nothing, you’ll lose your friends, and your family.” Chrysalis let out a little chuckle as her expression became more distant. “Who knows? Considering we need to keep you six alive, I may end up sacrificing myself to accomplish that. Now wouldn’t that be a treat for the hive, hm?” Chrysalis then turned back, and began to walk off. “Starlight is correct, it’s your choice. Just know that you shouldn’t let your fear influence that.” And with that, she walked off.

You know, if you didn’t feel Chrysalis was just bullshitting that, you’d actually feel that was pretty deep for her. Though, you had to wonder how much of that was bullshit, and how much came from her heart. Either way, when you looked back at Ocellus, she seemed to have stopped shaking. She was calming down.

“...I” Ocellus looked at the both of you, shocked that something like that could come out of Chrysalis. “I…” Ocellus then looked down, shamefully. “I didn’t realize. I-it almost sounded like she thought we’d be better off if she… Disappeared. I…” Ocellus began to tear up. “I didn’t even think she could think we’d want that.”

“I mean, to be honest, when me and Diamond went to the hive to talk to King Thorax, you all kinda did act like that.” You told her, which made her flinch.

Also... damn, you never did send that letter.

“...” Ocellus sniffled, then took a deep breath. “I’ll go. But please, don’t think I want her to be gone. I… Mngh…” Ocellus didn’t know what to say, she didn’t know how to unpack Chrysalis’s words. She just closed her mouth, and began to walk off towards her room.

Starlight waited before moving forward, looking back at you. “So, she just said all that to make her feel bad, right?”

You nodded. “Probably, mostly. One thing I can say is she does care about them, she just tries not to think about it.”

“Well, I hope after all this, they can see what we see in her.” Starlight said to you.

“We?” You look up at her, confused.

“Sure, she hasn’t torn Shining to shreds yet, right? Huge improvement. Seriously, the only guy I’m actually worried about is Neighsay, but we’ll get to it when we get to it.” Starlight said, looking at you with a big grin.

Heh, well, that was a way of looking at it. You were glad to hear that from Starlight, actually. Things were improving, and relationships were being made.

Now all you had to do was survive.

So… Let the world-saving council, commence!

PreviousChapters Next