• Published 16th Jun 2018
  • 5,674 Views, 3,272 Comments

Dadonequus Discord (Book 2) - CrazedLaughter



With the exodus of Chrysalis, Anon's life finally starts to go back to normal. Or rather, as normal as it can be when being the adopted son of the spirit of chaos. But new problems await him. What they are? Who knows...

  • ...
41
 3,272
 5,674

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 199 - Dark Anon's Grand Plan (Final)

Author's Note:

Hoo boy...

Hooooo boy...

Here we go

You were running, you were running as fast as you could. You couldn’t stop to think about what just happened, if Fancy Pants realized how serious things were, or if Mr. Rich and Diamond were going to wake up and try to go after you, none of it mattered. All you could think about was getting to the castle as quick as you could.

The town, everything seemed to be going as normal, though you could tell there were more animals scurrying around than usual, probably the lookouts who agreed to help Fluttershy. But as you got closer and closer to the castle, there was one thing that was irking you. “Where are the guards? There’s not a single one patrolling the town.”

“Does it matter? They're useless anyway, not once have they ever managed to stop a major threat. I doubt even a deranged version of you would have trouble taking them out.” Chrysalis said, still hiding in the bag.

“Yeah, but, if that mass of roots was rolling through town, they could have at least stopped that.” You said.

“No, I highly doubt they’d even have considered it a threat. That’s how incompetent they are. Even that loser, Shining Armor, is utterly useless without the help of the actual protectors of Equestria.” Chrysalis said, with an audible choke “I can’t believe I referenced them as that.”

“Yeah… Hey, I noticed that you caught Diamond after you blasted my clone. T-” But Chrysalis growls at you before you could finish your words.

“Idiot! Save your breath for running! That thing is going to take advantage of your form to get close to Twilight Sparkle and then instantly annihilate her. Focus, Anon, we have to get there before he gets close to her.” Chrysalis said with an angry snarl.

She was right, you have to get there as fast as you could to either try to stop him or warn Twilight and the others. Then again, there were the traps, and Starlight too. Well, maybe not Starlight, she’d probably be just as easily tricked. But the traps, that has to be able to stop him.

However, when you finally reached the castle doors, you noticed roots had pierced through them, shoving them aside. They must have been locked for once. “S-shit!” You rushed inside to the entrance hall. “Oh… oh no…”

The entrance hall was in utter chaos. You could see it all, the traps, from cages to giant fly swatters, to even a dropped piano, all of it had been destroyed and pierced by roots. The walls and ground had root spikes piercing through every which way. And… oh no! No! No!

“Starlight!” You rushed over to your fallen friend, who was beside a large roller ball trap. She was down, on her side, barely moving, her lower body held by roots. That fucking asshole, he must have charged straight through and just… Starlight didn’t even stand a chance. “Starlight, come on, please tell me you’re ok!”

Starlight let out a pained moan, twitching where she laid. “T-Twilight… n-ngh.” And she then she fell unconscious. You couldn’t tell if she sustained any external injuries, but it was clear she got knocked the fuck out, she didn’t even notice you in front of her. Then again, as you looked back, you didn’t notice Sunburst had been rooted to the wall either… He… looked ok, right? was he ok?,you approached him to make sure he was breathing. You can’t let yourself dawdle no matter how much you were worried, Dark Anon was already in the castle. But then you heard one more familiar voice calling out weakly for someone…

“My… Queen…” Near the doors to the cutie map room laid Scrappy. He wasn’t wrapped in roots like the others, but he wasn’t in his dog form either. One of his wings were torn, and he was twitching. It was like he was slapped aside in one blow by a giant fist.

“S-scrappy?” You approached him slowly. He looked more hurt than Starlight and Sunburst. One of his legs, upon further inspection, had been twisted out of place. It’s like your evil clone took some time to fuck him up before moving on.

“...Anon, focus.” Chrysalis said, calling out to you from your saddle bag.

“But…” But she speaks again over you.

“I know… And we will make him pay. We will make him pay dearly for this. But he’s alive, so keep moving.” Chrysalis’s tone. She wasn’t angry, nor did she sound upset. She sounded vicious, calculating, yet calm. You weren’t a changeling, but you could feel her need for vengeance.

You nod to yourself, and move on to the doors to the cutie map room, looking back one last time at the destruction of the entrance hall. The doors to the Cutie map room… Were oddly intact. In fact, after where Starlight had fallen, the presence of the roots had greatly decreased for some reason. Why? What happened?

But, as you slowly open the doors, that's when you hear it, a reverberating dark voice was shouting at someone. Hell, the cutie map room, it was full of guards. Full to the brim with them, all in armor, and all facing the cutie map itself. They were too focused on it to even notice you walk in.

“You better t-t-t-t-take me seriously! Or else! The c-c-c-c-choice is yours, S-s-hining Armor!” No way. Dark Anon, he barely looked like himself anymore. His head was almost a skull looking face, with no eyes. His body was melting and falling apart, only being held together by roots he grew onto himself. He barely even sounded like you anymore. above him was Spike, who was being held on his arms, legs, and neck. By roots growing from under the roots of Twilight’s old tree.

“Don’t listen to him, Shining! Whatever that thing is, just kick its-GYAAAAAH!” But suddenly, there was a loud snapping noise as Spike’s arm was pulled back, snapping the bones and causing him to cry out in pain.

“I’m f-f-f-fucking serious! That’s just the arm! G-g-give me what I want, or it’ll be his n-n-neck next!” Dark Anon threatened. Fuck, he was clearly out of his mind and desperate at this point. And then there was Shining Armor. Why was he here? When did he arrive? And was this why there weren’t any guards patrolling the town? He brought them all here, to lay one final trap, and it seems it didn’t work the whole way through.

Shining, who was doing his best to stay calm, went livid the moment Spike was shouting in pain. There was fury in his eyes, his voice, his movements. “You! Chrysalis, you’ve gone too far this time! If you don’t let go of Spike, right now, I’m going to-” But Dark Anon cuts him off with a cough filled scoff.

“Ha! C-C-Chrysalis? You wish. S-sorry to s-s-s-say, shit for brains, but I ain’t h-h-her. I did you a solid though, I sliced off her h-h-head.” Dark Anon said with a chuckle before screaming out in anger. “AND I’LL DO THE SAME TO HIM UNLESS YOU BRING TWILIGHT OUT RIGHT NOW!”

Shining was hesitating still, it almost seemed like he wanted to blast him to bits. Hell, Dark Anon clearly had no more fight in him. The guards, or even Shining himself, could take him out if he didn’t have Spike as a hostage. But… You could take him out. He didn’t even realize you were there. Shining was going to screw this up, you just knew it. So you slowly took off your gear, and snuck around the guards, squeezing through behind them. You could see that Dark Anon was looking around himself to make sure no guard approached him, which meant if you just jump onto the map at just the right time, you could dive into him and take out his near skeletal ass.

You snuck towards the map, staying out of the notice of the focused guards. Ok, Anon, just hop onto one of the seats, then bounce right towards him like a bullet. All you have to do is hit him once and it’ll be over.

“At least tell me what you want with her. Let Spike go and mayb-” But Dark Anon cuts him off again, growling at him in anger.

“And what?! N-n-negotiate? Hell no! You’re p-p-pathetic. The life of somepony you’ve known for s-s-s-so long is in my hooves, and you’re still p-pussyfooting around. Either give me T-Twilight, or I’ll give you his head! T-t-that’s it, those are your choices.” Dark Anon said, laying things down.

That was your chance! You quickly jump towards Fluttershy’s chair and bounce off from the seat to careen right into your doppelganger. But the moment you got close, you could feel the roots around your amulet chain tighten around your neck and begin to choke you, causing you to fall right before Dark Anon as you began to choke. When you tried to pull it off with your hooves, the roots merely loosened up to wrap around them, causing you to be unable to move your forehooves at all as the roots then began to wrap around your mouth and nose.

“Anon?! Anon, what are you doing?!” Shining called out to you, he almost used his magic to quickly pull you to safety. But the empty glare from your dark self stopped him. He began to realize that this monster was something he couldn’t agitate. If it snapped Spike’s arm, and killed Chrysalis, then whatever it wanted, it wasn’t willing to negotiate and was willing to kill to get what it wanted.

“Being my h-hostage, that’s what. Hahaha! What l-luck! Oh wait…” Dark Anon looked at you with his empty eyed stare, as he became angry once more. “It was fucking o-obvious! I know how you think, asshole! B-but when I’m paying attention, I can feel when my o-o-own roots are close to me.” He then walked over to you as he pointed to himself. “Look at what that b-b-bitch did to me! She was supposed to think I was h-h-hurt! But she figured me out, and tried to k-k-kill me! She’d been hanging a-around you for t-t-too long, Anon. You c-c-corrupt everything…” Dark Anon began to calm down, looking at you struggle as he took a moment to have the roots choke you for a bit before looking at Shining. He stood there and plucked a hair from your head, placing it on himself. Almost immediately, his roots began wrap within some parts of his skeletal body to reform some of himself, albeit looking much more hideous than before, like a colt-like tree monster. He was still having trouble moving, but it was becoming obvious he was also stalling himself, trying to regenerate himself. The pony he was talking about, it had to be Starlight. She must have gotten a good shot at him when it became obvious he wasn’t you. Chrysalis’s shot must have done more damage than you thought if he wasn’t able to maintain his look in front of Starlight.

Spike at this point was sobbing, unable to move his arm, and desperately wanting to be saved. Yet even then, when he saw you struggling and choking, he called out to Dark Anon, screaming he was going to fry him.

Dark Anon then looked upon Shining once more, ignoring Spike, smirking his skeletal melting teeth as they slowly, very slowly, began to regenerate into some wooded form. “Tell you what. You can have the dragon. You let me walk out of here, out of Equestria, with Anon, and we’ll be square. How does that sound?”

“You’re not leaving with anypony. You’re surrounded.” Shining could see the situation was even more dire, and tried his best to command the situation. “Think about it. You even try hurting Spike again, and my guards will…” Shining took a breath. He had to, he had to consider going that far to save you and Spike. Whatever this was, it wasn’t a pony, and it didn’t have a soul, it was a monster. “No, we all will run you through. Do you understand? Your only chance is to surrender, or else I will make sure you’ll never see another sunrise again.”

Dark Anon snickered at him. “Oh, an actual threat this time. Cool, but hear me out. Spike, I can understand Spike. He means a lot to you and Twilight. But Anon? Come on. You can threaten me all you want, but you know losing the dragon would devastate everypony you know. Especially his fans in your little shitty empire. But Anon? You don’t even like him, nopony does! Who’s going to miss him, Discord? Where even is he? Being useless, that’s what. Listen to me, Shining. What does he mean to you, to anypony? All he does is cause you and the other royals stress, he puts his own friends in danger, he’s selfish, a liar, and he hates some of his own friends anyway, he’s always complaining about them or thinking they’re too childish. He’s reckless, Shining, and one day he’s going to get Twilight killed. Just look at Chrysalis, all that crap about reforming her, and now, because of him, she’s missing a head. You can keep Twilight, you can keep Spike, but I need him and some of his body.”

Shining furrowed his brow, staying silent.

“Well? It’s either that or I snap both their heads off. Do it, Shining, you have nothing to gain by hesitating. He’s done nothing for you and just ruins everything. You’d be doing Equestria a favor by letting me take him. I promise, I’ll never come back. I’m smart enough to know there’s more than just Equestria out there, so you can have this dump. What do you say?” Dark Anon asked, giving him a smarmy smirk.

Shining looked up at Spike, then at you. Closed his eyes, then looked towards Dark Anon with an intense look. “I will snap you like a twig before I let that happen. I think I know what you are now, and if that is what you are, then I know I can’t let you leave here. So I’m giving you a choice. Let them both go, and I’ll send you to Tartarus. Twitch a single root, and I’ll blow your head clean off. This is your last warning.”

“Who do you think you are?!” Dark Anon suddenly flew into a rage, staring down at Shining as the holes in his eyes glowed red. “You’re literally the worst horse on the show! You’re useless! Do you honestly think you’re even capable of hurting anypony that much? I could snap Twilight’s head off and you wouldn’t do a thing to me! You’re that pathetic! Ha! I bet it took all your guts to even make that threat! You’re NGH!?” Suddenly, Dark Anon was slowly lifted by the throat by Shining’s magic. He couldn’t believe it. He was actually going to do it.

“You were saying?” Shining said in a low threatening voice.

“N-ngh, D-don’t! I can still snap their h-heads off! Think about it! The o-o-offer is still on the table!” Dark Anon said, trying to shake off Shining’s magic. Suddenly scared that this was somehow happening. Had he really pushed Shining that far?

Shining held him there, his body shaking. He wanted to, he needed to, he should have done it, snap his head clear off. But even with all that rage, and quick thinking, he just couldn’t do it. Not just because he’d be taking a life, but because he knew he was risking yours and Spike’s. He couldn't risk it if he still had the capability of ending you both. So he slowly put him back down. He was silent, as he began to realize he was running out of actions.

“Woah…” Dark Anon said to himself as he rubbed on the roots forming his neck. “He actually almost did it. Heh.” He then looked upon Shining with a smirk. “You’re lucky I’m a nice guy. So, do we have a deal? C’mon, we can forget this whole thing ever happened, and we all get what we-” But Dark Anon is cut off as a voice bellows from the main hall of the Castle.

“Stop!” Called Twilight, who had decided to appear, looking towards Dark Anon with anger as she walked towards Shining. “Stop this now!”

“Twilight?!” Shining said, astonished as his sister approached him. “Twilight, go back into your room. It’s too dangerous here!”

“I won’t. I could hear where this was heading. I couldn’t let you get to a point where you’d think about sacrificing anypony, for any reason. That isn’t who you are, and as long as I breathe, I’ll never let you walk down that path. As for you…” Twilight looked towards Dark Anon with an intense and determined look. “You’re a golem based off Anon. Starlight was right, you were the only conceivable thing that’d be able to get close to me.”

“Yeah, and? Look, Twilight, I’m past the point of caring and I don’t need this melodramatic bullcrap. I don’t need Spike, and as much as I’d like to cause eternal misery and all, my body comes first. You being here changes nothing. So again, let me take Anon, or you lose them both. Got it?” Dark Anon explained. It was clear he realized he couldn’t achieve his goals at this point if even Shining can surprise attack him. He needed an out, and was trying to work on the angle that you were nothing but a nuisance to everyone you knew.

“Twilight…” Spike said as his right arm hung limp. “Don’t let him win.” He said weakly in a whine. Even with his arm being held by the root, it hurt, it hurt worse than anything he’s ever felt before. And yet, just as everyone else must have felt, he couldn’t let anything happen to you, or Twilight, or to anyone.

“Twilight, don’t let him win” Dark Anon said in a mocking tone. “Does this look like I’m winning? I can barely regenerate! Twilight, I know you must have heard what I told your brother. Anon nearly got Silverstream killed, remember? The whole Storm King thing? He’s worth nothing to you! So step off, and let me walk away.”

Twilight shook her head, and stared down Dark Anon in her usual brave fashion. “I’m not letting you take him, because everypony is worth it, no matter what. I know what you are, and I heard what you said about Chrysalis. I… I could have never conceived that even a creation based off Anon would be capable of such a thing, but it’s also my fault for not preparing more, for not taking into consideration that she’d create somepony like you.”

“So I was right..." Shining said. "I knew you sounded like him!"

“Ding ding ding! Hey, that’s correct. And it doesn’t matter. Last chance, Princess. Either let me go or I off them both. If you know what I am, then you know I’m not playing around.” Dark Anon threatened, as he tightened the roots around your neck to make you whine in pain.

Twilight stared intently at the misshapen creature in front of her, she looked to you, to Spike, and she knew instantly what she had to do. “Then let’s trade. You wanted me, right? Then release Spike and Anon and I’ll be your prisoner.”

“No!” Shining jumped in front of Twilight, immediately getting in her face while making sure she doesn’t take any steps forward. “Are you crazy, Twilight?! You can’t do that!”

“I don’t have a choice…” Twilight said, letting out a heavy broken hearted sigh as she looked to her brother’s stern and shaken expression. “It’s like you said. We can’t let anything happen to Spike or Anon. This is the only way.”

“The only way?! Twilight! The idea is not to let anything happen to you either! We have him surrounded, he’s bluffing!” Shining angrily let out, trying to convince her, and even himself, that he was right.

“He’s not. I’ve seen how humans can be. Considering…” Twilight began to tear up, with genuine empathy and compassion for Chrysalis. “...What he did to Chrysalis, he’ll do the same to Spike and Anon unless we do something. Shining… I’m sorry.” And with a glow of her horn, she teleported from in front of shining to right in front of Dark Anon.

“W-woah! Hey, finally, melodramatic bullcrap that works on my side.” Dark Anon said with a demonic cackle. “Holy shit! This is amazing!”

“Twilight, no!” Spike said, shaking harder in his bonds, despite the pain in his arm,

Twilight furrowed her brow at him, becoming angry with his arrogance and nonchalance at the situation. “Let them go! I’m the one you want.”

Dark Anon stopped his cackling for a moment, and nodded as he let the roots throw spike into a crowd of guards. “There we go.”

“Spike!” Twilight yelled out as she looked back at him, scared he was hurt worse. She then looks to Dark Anon, angry as all hell and yet trying to keep her calm. She wanted to shout at him, lecture him, but she knew he was beyond that. And with you still in his grip, she couldn’t scold him. “Now let Anon go.”

“Yeah… No.” Dark Anon said with a shrug. “For one, it's a life for a life, Princess, and you’re barely worth one to me. For two, I still need him to get back to my badass self. And for three, now that you’re here, I can kill you and still get out of here by holding him hostage.” Dark Anon began to laugh evilly as the roots that were previously holding Spike aimed for Twilight. “Holy shit, you ponies are dumb as fuck! Now eat shit and die!” The roots quickly darted towards Twilight. Even as Shining prepared a barrier and went to jump in front of Twilight, he wasn’t quick enough to get in the way in time.

However, as Twilight flinched and brought her wings over her head, the roots themselves stopped just before piercing her skull. She slowly lifted her wings to stare at them. “W-what?”

Shining jumped and pushed Twilight aside, but even upon doing so, the roots stood still. “Twily! I got… you?”

The roots around your neck and ear began to loosen, falling off your body. “N-ngh… What? The hell?” When you looked back, you could see one of the guards standing over your dark self, with a spear piercing right through his head as he began to struggle. Due to his body being barely held together by roots, he was unable to melt through the spear.

“N-N-Ngh. H-H-HOW?! N-No… N-no one… N-no one would…GYAH!” Suddenly, the spear began to twist in his head.

“What? Cut through anypony?” The guard said to Dark Anon as she leaned her head towards him, whispering to him. “I’m just returning the favor.”

“Returning the…” Dark Anon could barely move his head, but he was able to see the eyes of the guard, those familiar eyes. “N-No, I c-cut off-NGH! AHH!” Dark Anon screamed out in pain as he suddenly began to burst in green flames.

“Burn… burn knowing you could never truly beat me. Burn for what you did to my captain. I hope you disappear knowing that even with everything you were capable of, that you’re still an insignificant little copy.” Chrysalis whispered to him as she stepped back to watch him burn.

“Gyyyah!” Dark Anon screamed as his body’s skin completely melted off into a root-like skeleton. “No! D-D-Don’T! H-H-Help me! T-T-Twilight!” Dark Anon reached for her, but despite Twilight showing remorse, Shining stepped in front of her to guard her from Dark Anon’s pleas. “I C-Can’t! It H-H-Hurts! IT HURTS! PLEASE! SOMEPONY!” But no one was getting up to save him. He then looked to you, seeing you stand as you looked down at him with nothing but hatred for him. You didn’t realize yet who the guard was, but whoever she was, you were glad she had the guts to take him down. “No! A-Aunt Fluttershy! AUNT FLUTTERSHY! HELP ME! PLEASE! I DON’T WANT TO…” And then nothing, as he changed into a burning unmoving piece of wood that slowly burned into ash.

The nightmare was over.

“Holy crap…” You said in a low voice as you plopped on your butt. You looked up at the guard, white as snow, with beautiful blue eyes and her mane covered by her helmet. “T-thank you…” You said as you rubbed your neck. You then looked at the ash sitting on the cutie map. Christ, he was close, so damn close to killing Twilight. To killing you. You were shaken. You look up and around to see that all the roots had dried up and died, all except one that was still very dark. It wasn’t moving however, how odd. Doesn’t matter, it was fucking over. “I… Wow, just. The way you just came in like that, I didn’t know any of the royal guards could do something like that.”

The guard walked up to you and gently gave you a pat on the head as she softly said. “It’s my duty to protect everypony. I mean, gawsh, I don’t know why everypony else didn’t try that.” The guard said with a bubbly giggle. “I mean, things got really scary, but… Y’know, a job’s a job. Are you ok?”

“Y-yeah, I… wow. So, you weren’t scared at all?” You asked the guard.

“Pfft, nah. It would have been scary if anything happened to you, and well, the princess, so I couldn't let that happen. Er, speaking of which.” The guard looked over to Shining and saluted. “Er, boss? Mind if I approach. Debriefing and all that? I was kinda doin’ something before you called us all here.”

“Er, yeah… Um.” Shining looked back at the guards behind him. “You eight, I want Spike, and anypony else that is hurt, taken to the hospital ASAP! We’re done here.”

“H-hey!” Spike said as he slowly walked through the crowd of guards, holding his arm. “I don’t need to go to a hospital, I need to stay here and make sure you’re all o-Ngh” Spike grunted, wincing as he held his arm.

“Spike, please go with them to the hospital. I want everypony to be ok, and that includes you. Please…” Twilight said, tears coming down her eyes before she suddenly embraced him in a hug. She couldn’t control herself, she was just glad he was ok.

“Ow!! Ow! Ow!!! Ok! Ok!” Spike said as he quickly broke from the hug. “I-I get it, alright. I… I’m sorry for getting caught though, Twilight. I just thought you may have wanted a book to read while we all waited.”

“It’s ok, Spike. I… I should have kept a better eye on you. I should have asked one of the guards to watch you. I… I’m just glad you’re alright.” Twilight said, tears still coming down her eyes.

“Ehhh.” Spike said with a half shrug. “I’m always alright as long as you are. Didn’t realize that guy was a full on tree, I should have just tried burning him to a crisp, would have saved us a whole lot of trouble. What did he say about Chrysalis though? Did she make him or something?”

Twilight flinched, realizing he didn’t catch everything that was said. “Y-yes… Spike, you shouldn’t wait around here, really. Go with the guards and make sure the others are ok.”

“Gotcha.” Spike then looks to you, and waves “Hey Anon, are you ok? You look better than me, at least.”

“Y-yeah, I’m fine. I, just, uh… need to check something.” You say, as you slowly back up to get your saddlebag. You had to check on Chrysalis, and maybe, hopefully, ease her into meeting with Twilight without Shining being about, maybe finally show her that this mess she created wasn’t worth it at all.

“Alright then.” Spike said with a nod, as he began to walk with the guards out the door. The guard who took down your evil self went to talk with Shining and Twilight, the other guards just hanging around.

You hop down to grab your saddle bag, then slowly move away from everyone so you can whisper into your bag. “Chrysalis, hey, Chrysalis.” You called to her. But there was no answer. “Chrysalis? Are you alright?” You open the bag wider, and slowly put your head inside to see if she was around.

“...And you can expect a promotion after we get back to the empire. But, uh, who are you exactly? I… Don’t ever remember recruiting you before. S-sorry if I forgot, I’ve just been under a lot of stress, you understand.” Shining said, trying to be polite to his soldier.

Your ear perked up. Chrysalis wasn't in the bag, and Shining didn’t know the soldier? Wait… The flames that engulfed your dark self… They were green…

“Oh, Shinypoo, I’m so hurt that you don’t remember me, after all this time.” The guard said with a poutyface.

“Shinypoo? Uh, Shining? D-do you know this mare?” Twilight said, in a tone that suggested that she hoped to god her brother wasn’t doing anything inappropriate.

“I swear, I’ve never met her in my life!” Shining said, sweating, unable to place where he’d seen this mare before.

“Oh, relax, it really doesn’t matter… Now that I finally have WHAT I WANT!” The guard lights up her horn, and telekinetically throws an unprepared Twilight onto the Cutie Map, on her back, as the guard flips backwards, transforming into… “Hahahaha! Gotcha!” Chrysalis cackled as she stood above Twilight, removing the spear she used to take out Dark Anon as she aimed it towards Twilight.

No… NO! “Chrysalis! Don’t!” NO! NO! NO! NOT LIKE THIS! You rushed over to jump onto the cutie map, but the edges began to alight in a thick green flame. “Chrysalis! Don’t! No! Don’t do it!”

“Chrysalis!” Shining grew into a furious rage, rushing up towards the cutie map as he began to prepare to jump through the flames. “You unforgivable monster! I knew you’d do something like this!”

“Back off! Step any closer and I'll end her here and now!" Chrysalis said as her seraphic wings spread, the flames growing higher. “It’s too late, my revenge has come and none of you will be able to stop me!”

“Chrysalis!” You called out to her, screaming. “You can’t! You’re throwing everything away! There’s nothing for you if you do this! Please! Think about me! Think about Diamond! PLEASE!” Dammit! She wasn’t listening! You still had no charges. But… But your Codec, you could use it now. You started calling for Discord, desperate. But despite it all, there was no answer. “Dammit… C’mon!”

“It’s too late, Anon. Too late for me… And too late for you, Twilight Sparkle.” Chrysalis said with a low chuckle. “To think, I thought I wouldn’t be able to salvage this plan, and yet here we are, at the cusp of your demise. This will be worth it. Don’t take it too personally though, as I said, I want your mentor to feel exactly as she made me feel.”

But Twilight, she was just laying there. Her eyes were shifting towards Chrysalis’s wings, then to her. For some reason, Twilight showed no fear, and it already irked Chrysalis to no end. “Too scared to react? You do realize you’re doomed, right?”

“Chrysalis… I can’t imagine all the pain you have in your heart to still want to go through with this. But please, I want you to think about this.” Twilight said to her, calmly.

“Is that a plea for mercy?” Chrysalis said, as her cheer for victory began to crack, anger and hatred starting to become slowly apparent.

Twilight shook her head. “No. I just think you are trying to ignore everything you’ve gained to try to exact empty vengeance.”

“Empty? Empty? I LOST EVERYTHING!” Chrysalis said as she brought the spear closer to Twilight’s neck. “MY KINGDOM, MY CHILDREN, GONE! She caused ALL OF IT! She’ll still have her kingdom when you’re gone, so this won’t even be close to what she did to me… But it’s a start.”

Twilight again shook her head. “You didn’t lose everything, Chrysalis. You have a friend, a friend who has stuck by you, no matter how evil you act or how much you tease or even hurt him, he’s always stuck by your side. And I know through him, you’ve shown a side of yourself you didn’t even know you had.”

Chrysalis scoffed at her words. “Anon? Ha! Anon is a pathetic little fool who does whatever I tell him to do, he was just a tool to bring me to this moment.” Chrysalis then yelled out from beyond the flames. “DO YOU HEAR ME, ANON! YOU’RE WORTH NOTHING TO ME NOW THAT I’LL FINALLY HAVE MY REVENGE!”

…

You were stunned by those words. You stopped trying to call Discord as you slowly backed away from the flames guarding the center of the map. Was that it? Did she use you as a back up to get to Twilight? How? How could… Wait… WAIT! NO! HOLY CRAP NO! “CHRYSALIS! DON’T YOU DARE! I KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING, AND I WON’T HATE YOU JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE MAKING THIS YOUR LAST STAND!”

“Idiot…” Chrysalis said in a low voice, rolling her eyes. “He just wants to believe what he wants to believe. It doesn’t matter, it’s all over for you, Princess.”

“Do you really think that? I… I heard Anon yell about Diamond. Diamond Tiara? Do you know her?” Twilight asked.

“And what if I do? What does it matter?” Chrysalis asked, as the spear began to shake in hesitancy.

“You care about her, just like you care about Anon. Chrysalis, you’re trying to ignore your feelings just to get petty revenge. If you do this, then you’ll truly have nothing. But, if we work together, your family… Your family isn’t gone, Chrysalis. They only want to love and share, and I’m sure they’d want you back if you just-” But Chrysalis began shouting at her, cutting her off.

“What?! Reform?! Love?! Is that it?! To turn into some disgusting being incapable of anything worth of note?! Never…” Chrysalis said as she steadied the spear in her magical grip. “You don’t seem to understand. Even if I did care about Anon, and whoever else you’re babbling about, it’s worth losing all of that just to make Celestia suffer. Ending you is just a bonus.”

“Will that really make you happy? Happier than everything your friends have done with you?” Everything you shared with Anon? Was all that meaningless to you?” Twilight said, baffled at how Chrysalis could be this stubborn, yet deep inside, fearing this could be it for her.

“Yes… And time is up, Twilight Sparkle. You’ve finally failed, and I will finally have my vengeance. Funny, how you tried to appeal to my stone dead heart. There was never anything you could do. And your friends, nor your brother, nor any of the guards in this very room could stop me. NOTHING can stop m-” But Chrysalis is suddenly cut off.

In fact, everyone was cut off right then and there as gasps could be heard in the room.

The loudest, and indeed, most pained gasp, came from you. You were so busy trying to contact Discord while focusing on Chrysalis that you didn’t even realize the root that was still alive above the cutie map had aimed towards you, and shot its large tip directly into your chest, sending you back against the wall. “NGH!” You were having trouble breathing, you started to bleed out of your chest slowly, the root seemingly puncturing deep enough to stop most of the flow. But your heart, you could feel it stopping, your body going cold.

The flames around the cutie map quickly dissipated. Chrysalis raised her head as the spear fell down onto the map. She was staring at you, she was motionless, shaking.

You were having trouble remaining conscious, you reached your hooves out for help, you could barely speak. The guards were stunned, and before anyone could really process what had happened, Chrysalis flew right towards you, sending the guards she flew into aside as she went to check on you. “No! No! Anon! You imbecile! How did this happen?!” Chrysalis tried to slowly remove the root’s tip, but as she did, some blood splotched into her face, making her step back. “Anon…”

“C-Chrysalis…” You reached out to her weakly, as things began to blur.

Chrysalis became silent, she dabbed her hoof on the blood on her face, and stared at it, slowly looking up at the root above the cutie map as it began to wither and die. “I… I… ”

“Everypony, get Anon to the hospital, now!” Twilight yelled out as she quickly stood up, trying to take command of the situation.

“You four, follow me, we’re arresting Chrysalis once and for all.” Shining commanded as he and a group of guards began to approach the stunned bug.

“Shining, wait!” Twilight called out to him.

“No! She’s gone too far…” Shining said, as his words began to become hard to hear.

All you could hear was mushed sounds that sounded like words as you reached to Chrysalis one last time, the guards gently dislodging the spike from the wall to take you to the hospital as quick as possible. Chrysalis weakly reached out to you, but was immediately surrounded. Those eyes, you’d never seen her like that…

But it didn’t matter…

Nothing mattered…

Everything went dark...

PreviousChapters Next