• Published 16th Jun 2018
  • 5,683 Views, 3,272 Comments

Dadonequus Discord (Book 2) - CrazedLaughter



With the exodus of Chrysalis, Anon's life finally starts to go back to normal. Or rather, as normal as it can be when being the adopted son of the spirit of chaos. But new problems await him. What they are? Who knows...

  • ...
41
 3,272
 5,683

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 120 - a Compass and a Map

“Mhmm, Pwofessor…” Cozy looked upon you, worried more than anything, with big teary eyes. “A-are you ok? Did she hurt you?”

‘Did she hurt you’? What the hell OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! “U-umm, who hurt me? Y-you mean, Twilight?”

Cozy shook her head “No, Headmare Twilight would never do that. I-I meant that mean ole Queen C-chrysalis. Golly, I was b-by H-headmare Twilight’s office when I heard Spike say to the other professors where you and her were. It made me awfully worried. No, not worried, I was so so scared for you. A-and…” Cozy rushed over to you and started to cry “I’m soooo glad you’re ok. Gee willikers, Anon, it must have been so scawy. I know I would have been super duper scared if I had to face such a big meanie.”

You tensed hard. S-shit, goddammit, Spike, is that door not soundproofed or something?! Oh no, how the fuck were you going to explain away this one?! Poor thing, she must have been sick with worry. You gently nuzzle into her, brushing your hoof on the back of her head. “H-hey, Cozy, it’s ok! Everything is fine, neither me nor Twilight was hurt. We just sort of went to deal with a special something, that’s all, don’t cry, ok? I was just, well, ummm.” Cats out of the bag, Anon. “Trying to reform her, that’s all.”

Cozy sniffed, then looked back up at you, her eyes just leaking tears. “B-but, why her? I know her hive is all good now, but isn’t she still bad? Are you trying to reform her, like you did with counselor Starlight? Gee, Anon, that sounds really dangerous. Y-you’re my only friend, I can’t stand it, it’s too scawy thinking she can hurt you.”

Wow, she was really focused on you, she didn’t even mention Twilight’s involve- Wait, you’re her only friend, still!? “U-ummm, well, y’know. It’s what I do. But it’s a super secret kind of thing I’m doing, Cozy. You have to promise me you won’t tell anypony, ok?”

“O-ok” Cozy said without hesitation or reluctance. “W-what are you doing now? D-do you want to play with me? We can go to my room, and play with my dollies, i-it’ll be fun. You can show us all your hero training, t-that’s what those things are on your legs are for, right?” It looked like she was trying really hard to find a way to cheer up. It seemed the actual matters at hand didn’t bother her, she was just really worried about you.

And ah damn, you really would, but you do have to go to school. Dammit, Anon, think. How are you going to get this filly to smile?! “Ah, um… Yeah, that’s what it is. And, well, I gotta go to my last day of regular school actually. Umm, s-sorry. But hey, I still got some time! Look, you said something that’s got me really worried for you now.” Ok, time to find out how she doesn’t have any friends.

“Right, umm… Yeah, I guess that’s important. Erm, but you’re worried about me now? Anon, I’m not in any twouble, really I’m not. You don’t have to worry about me, not o-one bit.” Cozy said, sounding like she was going to shatter right there and then.

“But I do worry, Cozy. You said I was your only friend. I know it’s only been a couple of days that Twilight’s school has been open, but you haven’t been able to make another friend yet? Have you tried?” Like seriously, this was one of the sweetest fillies you ever met, how could she fail at friendship?

Cozy’s ears folded in, she just looked down in shame, tapping her hooves together. “W-well, I do have my puppets and dolls, they’re my friends. Oh, and you too, of course! But… I have tried making other friends, weally, I have! Golly, Anon, I’ve tried so many things already. From offering to carry books to helping with friendship notes. I’ve even held the door open for everycreature I meet. But nocreature looks at me, or thanks me, or anything. Sometimes they even laugh at me because when I try to carry my books with their books, I fall over. I feel so dumb, I felt like I could make friends with everycreature, but I can’t make any friends at all. I-I thought about talking to Counselor Starlight about it, but then I got afraid that she’d just laugh at me too.” Cozy then looks to you, then falls over, planting her face to the ground. “I’m so sowwy, Pwofessor, I’m not good enough to even be your friend!”

“That’s not true!” You grab onto Cozy again, and hug her tight. “You’ll always be my friend, Cozy, always! Ngh, look, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry!” What the fuck kind of school was Twilight running?! Well, you knew about at least five of the foreign students, and they seemed cool enough. Ugh, but what about everyone else? It is a friendship school, so does that mean a bunch of the students are just hardasses that Twilight wants to drill the magic of friendship into their heads?! Was that it!?

“Why?! Why are you sorry, Professor?!” Cozy doesn’t break the hug, no, she hugs tighter, leaking her tears onto your back. “You didn’t do anything wrong at all. It’s me, I’m the bad pony!”

NGH! NO! THAT ISN’T IT AT ALL! “No, Cozy, I do have something to be sorry about. I know I said I can’t hang out with you a lot because I’m always out doing something, but that’s just it, I let myself lose my focus and didn’t take your feelings into account or even really got to know you. You made me your best friend and everything, and I couldn’t be there for you. And the worst part is, I still really can’t, especially right now.”

“I-I know, it’s because of your hero work, right? It’s ok, Anon, it weally is. I-I don’t mind being alone, honest.” Cozy said, her voice, and her hug, becoming pathetic and weak.

“And that’s just it, Cozy, I won’t let that happen either.” You slowly back off from her. She looked at you, confused, as you placed your horn on your head. You didn’t know if you could conjure what you were going to conjure, you didn’t know if it’d be chaotically in line enough. But goddammit, for this filly, you really needed it to happen. You said you won’t let it happen, you won’t, YOU CAN’T. You focus your entire mind on these mind shattering thoughts, and use it to conjure a… “Holy crap, I did it? I-I mean, Cozy, BEHOLD! THE ANSWERS TO YOUR PROBLEM!”

Cozy quickly wiped her eyes, looking at your conjured item with confusion and amazement. It simply looked like an old little trinket. “The a-answer? A-Anon, what is it?”

“A compass! Ah, but not just any compass, Cozy. This compass is a magical compass, a special kind of magical compass that will solve your friendship issue. How does it do that? I’ll tell you! It will only work until you find what you’re looking for, and it will only point to your true heart’s desire.” Thank you Pirates of the Caribbean. “And I know…” You give Cozy a gentle poke on her chest. “That your true heart’s desire, is to find a friend. A friend who will always be there for you.”

“Professor? I-I, is that true? Does it weeeaaaallllyy do that?” Cozy looked at the compass intently, almost hungrily even. She even gave it a poke. To you, she just seemed innocently skeptical, despite her intense stare.“You’re not fibbing, a-are you?”

You shake your head, feeling proud, tears coming down your eyes as you knew what to expect after this. “Nope. I may not be able to hang with you as much as you need, Cozy. But I’m still your friend, and I want to help you anyway I can. This compass will point you to the pony or creature that will end up being your friend. Of course, you’ll still need to do the groundwork to make that friend, but this will point you in the right direct-OMF” Cozy just dive hugs into you, crying again, nuzzling her head all along the side of your head. “Cozy, I’m still sorry…”

“Anon, you don’t need to be sorry.” Cozy backed up again, and even raised her hoof to wipe your tears away. She took a breath, and gave you such a sunny smile. “You do so much for me, despite barely knowing me. You make me feel like a big filly, a filly who will never give up! I call you professor because you always manage to teach me something about friendship! And now, as your student, I have to show you what I learned!” Cozy takes the compass, and holds it up. “Don’t worry, Professor! I won’t let you down!”

...Heh, what a good little filly. How could you doubt such determination. “I know you won’t, Cozy. And don’t worry, I’ll make a lot more time for you soon, especially when I start going to Twilight’s school.”

“I can’t wait! Then you can show me all the fun things you like to do too! And- Oh no! Anon, don’t you have school? You better hurry!” Cozy said, shocked, putting her hooves to her cheeks.

“Huh?! Right! Wait, but. Cozy, still, I mean, it’s not that import-” But Cozy cuts you off, closes her eyes, and shakes her head.

“It is important! This is the last day you’ll be able to learn with your friends at school. Professor, you already gave me everything I need, you really helped me out! It’ll only be one more day, right? Then we can have all kinds of fun together. Don’t worry about me, I’m alright now. But if you don’t go to school right now, I’ll be very mad at you, mister.” Cozy gives you an angry pout, before suddenly giving you an adorable grin.

D’aaawww. “Alright, Cozy, you convinced me. O-oh, wait. One more thing, that compass? Yeah, also, make sure to use it when you really need to use it. It only works once, and uh…” You weren’t exactly sure it’d work without a more chaotic reasoning given how you made it. “Just make sure you use it when you really need to, ok?”

Cozy nods, and smiles. “Ok! I promise! Oh, I got something to say too, Professor! Be careful with your mission, ok? I never want to see my best friend and greatest teacher with a frowny face. I know you can do it, but you weeeeaaallly need to be careful too! Promise me, Anon, promise me you’ll be careful!”

Ooh, lordy, first Starlight, now Cozy. Yeah, you can be careful, especially now that everything was coming together anyway. You just give Cozy a wink and a gentle mane ruffle “No sweat, I promise, Cozy Glow.”

“Yay! Now you get going, Anon, or else you’ll be late!” Cozy giggles as she gives you a warning.

“Gotcha.” You nod to her as you start to walk off, waving goodbye to her. You did good again, Anon, you solved a problem before it festered.

But, that problem, Cozy not being able to make another friend. As you trotted towards Cheerilee’s class, you couldn’t help but feel like something was amiss. Again, Cozy is very adorable and sweet, and unless Twilight’s school is full of delinquents, it doesn’t seem too likely she’d have trouble making at least one friend there within the first two days, not unless everyone was nervous or something. Also, what was she doing eavesdropping on the five and Spike like that? Maybe it wasn’t intentional, but it does seem weird they’d talk about Chrysalis so openly without someone noticing someone else could hear. And the compass, the way she looked at it. Was she desperate? Or was it something else? Then again, she was a filly, maybe she just saw all her answers within the compass. A friend, right? Yeah, what else could the compass point to? A toy maybe? Her parents? A coltfriend? Oohh, you suddenly felt a bit of dread, hoping that damn thing didn’t lead her back to you.

“Anon! Hey, Anon!” You heard yelled out, coming from behind you. You were already on the road to school, but given some foals were already rushing, you may have spent a little too long with Cozy. “Wait up!”

You look back, to see Scootaloo rushing towards you, donned in her helmet and riding her scooter, fast as always. “Scoots? Hey, what’s up?”

Scootaloo quickly circles around you, then stops beside you. “Going to school, that’s what’s up. This is your last day, right? You got anything cool planned? Y’know, maybe a little something something to make it memorable?”

“If you mean a little chaos magic to lighten the mood. Eh, nah, I want to spare Miss Cheerilee any heart attacks today. Wait, so you know this is my last day?” Huh, you didn’t tell her earlier at one point, did you?

“Everypony knows, news spreads fast when it comes to you. ‘Hero Colt soon to enter the soon to be prestigious ‘School of Friendship’ or something like that. I dunno, everypony makes a big deal over nothing sometimes. I mean, is the school even that great? Other than Rainbow Dash, of course, it sounds like any other school to me.” Scootaloo asked as she began to steadily scoot forward towards the school.

You shrug, you had no clue, other than the fact it might be possible the students are assholes. “I mean, from the few times I went in, I saw some baking… And there was like this assignment to say hi to everypony in town. But it’s still pretty early. Who knows, maybe it’ll have something that’d make you and the others want to join in too, eh?”

“Maybe, but me and the other crusaders didn’t get any invites to the school. Weird, considering, y’know, Rarity and Applejack work there. But enough about that, are you nervous at all about going? Then again, why are you going? Oh wait, never mind, I totally forgot you got this whole crazy sense of friendship thing going on.” Scootaloo said. The way she said it, you could sense bitterness all of a sudden... You knew what she meant. Ugh, why even mention it? It seemed to come out of the blue.

“Scoots, I dunno, maybe you don’t have to hold on to that grudge anymore, y’know? Chrysalis is hurting too. I know you don’t like her, but she really isn’t as bad as you think.” Ugh, you were lying a bit there, and yet, you really wanted it to be true. “Why even bring it up?”

“Ngh… I dunno. I mean, maybe that was my way of wanting to talk about it. Applebloom overheard Applejack talking to Scrappy about something related to her. You’re really trying again, huh? You shouldn’t involve him, he’s only going to get hurt. He doesn’t deserve it.” Scootaloo was upset, it seemed. Ugh, not just Cozy then, the CMC knew too. Not as much as she did, it seemed, but enough for it to be a bother.

“Yeah, but I’m really making progress this time. Look, right now… Wait, so you don’t even know what my shackles are for? You didn’t even mention anything about them.” What was that all about? You’d think she’d have noticed.

“Those? I thought you were just trying to be really edgy today, since it’s your last day. I uh, you do know they look terrible on you, right?” Scootaloo said, now curious as to the true purpose of the shackles are. “What, are they for something else?”

“Erm, look, Scoots. I’ll say this to you, and you can tell Sweetie and Applebloom, but nopony else. I’ll also tell Diamond, of course, because she’s kinda in the whole loop with Chrysalis. But uh… Ok, Chrysalis sort of made a magical bet that she could end Twilight without hurting anypony else. And it kinda conjured these things on me and her to signify how binding it all is. Understand?” Oh no, she already came to a full stop, looked at you with big wide eyes, and shouted...

“WHAT?! HOW C-” But you saw this coming. You grab your horn and pull the same zipper magic on her mouth that Discord would use on you.

“Quiet! Geez, ok? Yes, it happened, Twilight was there. She and the others are ok with it, we got it all sorted out. Scoots, c’mon. No, you know, don’t even mention that to the others, ok? Our secret, I really do not need this going out of proportion, ok? Please? Promise me you won’t tell. Just tell them the basics, since they already know about Scrappy.” Fuck man, you could already see the CMC getting in the way. The last thing you needed was the trio fucking ruining everything you worked for because they got really scared over it. Scootaloo herself, you realized, couldn’t say anything as she pointed at her zippered mouth. Right…

You reach over and pull the zipper back, allowing Scootaloo to speak again. She gives you a hard and even angry stare. “Don’t ever do that again, got it? Also, are you serious? Why can’t I tell them? They are just going to get super curious if I just mention you're trying to reform Chrysalis again.”

“Because, truthfully, this is the final final FINAL thing I need to do to get Chrysalis to reform. It’s part of the deal, and we already have enough of a plan to make sure Chrysalis can’t win. Scoots, please, I know they’re your best friends, but I really need you to keep it a secret. Please, it would mean a lot to me. Just tell them I'm just giving it a shot.” Please, Scoots, pleeease.

“I guess, if you tell me why they need Scrappy.” Scootaloo says.

“They only need him to sense when Chrysalis gets close to Twilight. Part of the deal is that Chrysalis has to strike eventually. So with Scrappy, we’d know for sure if she’s around.” You tell her

Scootaloo’s expression just twisted slightly, she looked confused. “Uhhhh, don’t you still have your map? It can pinpoint both Chrysalis and Scrappy, right? Why didn’t you just give it to Twilight?””

“I…” Your eyes go wide… Right, she was fucking right. Damn, Starlight was right, there were still possibilities to consider, at least on the defensive side. “Uhm, truthfully, I didn’t think of that.”

“Uh huh, hmph, well, I guess this is why we’re partners. Hmmmnnn….” Scootaloo, as quickly as she eased up, suddenly tensed, pondered, then sighed. “Anon, I still don’t like this at all, but you’ve been trying so hard for so long. Are you really sure this is it? We can help you, y'know?”

“I’d really like to think so, Scoots. I already said I’d put a stop to her myself if she tries anything else. I really can't accept any more help, this is endgame for me. Please, understand.” You tell her, your mood lessening as your thoughts drifted to having to put down Chrysalis.

“That’s pretty heavy. But what she’s doing is pretty crazy too, I’d never make a deal like that, it’s stupid. So stupid, it kind of makes me think she’s desperate for something. Um, like, she wants to lose.” Scootaloo said, her own mood dropping as well, as her mind became conflicted with wanting to see you succeed and wanting to see Chrysalis just… Go away.

For you, well, at least someone got it. “That is what I’m thinking too. It just has to be, right? Why else would somepony make a deal that doesn’t benefit them whatsoever.”

“Yeah, thinking about it, I totally see what you mean. Alright, alright, for real, I won’t say anything to anypony they won't already know. As for Scrappy, I guess I... Uh, I guess I can just say you said to ask Applejack. I'm sure she'll tell us something that has nothing to do with anything. But, Anon, you better keep me updated, ok? And don’t leave anything out.” Scootaloo looks to you, she wanted to involve herself in some way, or at least know of the ongoing progress of this endeavor.

Ugh, fine. She already knew enough. And she did come up with the map idea, you’d have to give it to Twilight after school, she’ll need it more than you do at this point. “Got it, thanks, Scoots.”

“No problem, now let’s hurry up! We’re gonna be late if we don’t hurry.” And with that, you and Scootaloo headed straight to school. Heh, another line of defense, brought on by Scootaloo. Maybe letting her know about this wasn’t such a bad idea after all. Though, looking at her, you could see it was still weighing in on her mind. As for the others, no doubt they'd still be curious, you'd just have to hope Scootaloo can stifle that curiosity somehow.

PreviousChapters Next