• Published 16th Jun 2018
  • 5,689 Views, 3,272 Comments

Dadonequus Discord (Book 2) - CrazedLaughter



With the exodus of Chrysalis, Anon's life finally starts to go back to normal. Or rather, as normal as it can be when being the adopted son of the spirit of chaos. But new problems await him. What they are? Who knows...

  • ...
41
 3,272
 5,689

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 278 - Tirek's Perspective

You are Lord Tirek.

Not Mister Tirek

Not Mister Lord Tirek

Not Lord Mister Tirek

Lord Tirek…

You sat in your castle library. Reading book after book with one hand while pumping iron with the other. You’ve been having ponies bring in every book they can from the town, and from Twilight Sparkle's castle library, trying to find more information on this ‘Deus Ex Machina’ the outworlder spoke of.

“That was too close. How did she do it? The staff was combined with the powers of chaos and harmony and she still managed to damage it. There’s no explanation, and yet, that outworlder was right!” You growled to yourself in anger. “But how can these things just ‘happen’? It makes no sense now, just like it made no sense that Discord was the last key to that Rainbow Power used to defeat me before. This cannot be exclusive to his world if it’s been happening before he even arrived. Then why...?” You filled with rage as you slammed the weight you were lifting into the table. “WHY IS THERE IS NO RECORD OF IT ANYWHERE?!”

“Ngh, why do you have to be so loud? I’m twying to sleep.” Said a voice beside you. “You’ve been angry all night, when we’re supposed to be getting ready to celebrate Hearthwarming in the morning”

You looked to your side to see Cozy’s changed, glowing red eyes staring back at you, her wings still twisted. She was sitting on the stack of books you had brought in. She seemed annoyed, as if you care. “I’m maintaining my mind and body. So if you don’t mind, go back to bed and leave me be.”

“Like I said, I can’t. Everytime you break something, I end up waking up! Golly, why are you so angry? We’ve already won, remember?” Cozy said.

“Why am I so angry? Let me list it off for you: One, you rushed into this plan without any proper testing of the staff, leading to our zombified forces barely able to do anything more than attack like mindless drones or follow simplest of commands. Two, said staff is broken, diminishing our power greatly. Three, I can’t drain any of these ponies without risking breaking the flux of chaotic and harmonic power flowing through you and the staff.” You said as you counted everything off on each finger.

“Oh, that’s because everything is working like a chain, right? Why would draining a pony break it?” Cozy asked, confused.

“Because…” You groaned. “It is a chain, as in, it’s all connected. It’s why we haven’t drained Discord or Twilight dry, they keep the flow going. It flows through their hearts and minds, giving us control over the ponies who succumb to the influence. But draining just one of those mindless fools could cause the magic to redirect into, what we’ll call, nothingness. Due to that, it could cause a powerful enough buildup to blow this entire town to smithereens, and that’s at best! This is why we needed to do testing first. But oooooh no, you just had to rush things.” You growled at her, wagging your finger angrily. “They have an opening now. If that barrier doesn’t hold them back, they can easily overpower us and reverse everything we’ve done! You’re the one who was all about planning, so why are you so content now?!”

“Hmmmm…” Cozy tapped at her chin, pondering. “Well, because it isn’t like they can really do anything. Anypony that even gets close to the town will become ours.”

“And yet we know that method isn’t perfect either. We didn’t get all of them, so some are able to resist. And without the full power of the staff, we cannot strengthen the influence’s power. But you seem so sure of yourself, so why don’t you contribute something to the cause? O friendly Empress.” You said, aggravated, giving her a sarcastic bow.

“Well, if you’re really worried about needing more power, why don’t you just go out and suck up some magic?” Cozy suggested.

“Oh, brilliant plan. Except, AGAIN, they know we’re here. I do not have the power to take down those two alicorn princesses, much less Starswirl the Bearded. And lest we forget Chrysalis no doubt is just waiting for me to step one hoof out of town to turn me to ash. Destroying the outworlder was a mistake, it somehow made her more powerful, beyond the scope of what I thought possible.” This was becoming far more annoying than what you could bear. It seems Cozy Glow only planned up to the part where she can rule everything, and didn’t think of anything after. Even if you were ahead at the moment, you were regretting teaming up with her.

Cozy just shrugged at you. “Well, that was more your fault than mine.”

“You listen here, you pint-sized lunatic. It has become clear to me that I’m the only one taking this seriously. You wanted to rush our victory? Fine, then I’m going to make sure we stay on that path.” You say as you stand up, pushing the broken table away from you angrily as you begin to walk over towards the exit of the library.

“Well golly, Mister Tirek, if I knew you were going to be this upset about it, I would have tried harder.” Cozy said in an apologetic tone, before giving you a hard stare. “But I also don’t like it when you accuse me of not trying hard. We’re friends, aren’t we? I promise you I'm trying, just in a very different way.” She rolls down the stack of books, and quickly gives your leg a hug. “Truuuuust me, everything is going to work out.”

“Pardon me for not having much faith in that.” You say as you roll your eyes, and kick her back into the book pile with a gentle shake of your hoof. You’d like to crush her at this point, but she is unfortunately the catalyst, the whole link, to the chaotic harmonic flux. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to strengthen the castle defenses.”

“Oof! Hey, that was really mean. You shou-Wha?” Suddenly, Cozy puffed up with anger as she barked back at you, jumping off the book pile with a hop. “Hey! I thought you said we couldn’t use the staff!”

“I did? Oh, I meant YOU couldn’t use it.” You say, looking back and pointing at her. “The staff can still be used if used responsibly. I’m going to make minor upgrades to our defenses that shouldn’t stress its power. You just want to use it at your own will, which will, and I cannot stress how important this point is, BLOW US UP!” You shout back at her, sending her rolling back into the pile. “Now leave me be! There is work to be done.”

“Fine…” Cozy shouted back at you. Before you stepped out, however, you took a look back at her. Her eyes, glowing red, just staring back at you. You could see a faint smirk before she casually hops off the book pile once more and goes back to her more cutesy way of speaking as she asks a mindless pony drone to fetch her warm milk.

…There was just something you found utterly unsettling about her. She knew of all these tropes, but she doesn’t seem to understand the concept of this ‘Deus Ex Machina’.

Or maybe she does…

You’d need to find a way to deal with her. For now, you must make sure nothing else can go wrong. You’ve come too far to lose now.

PreviousChapters Next