• Published 16th Jun 2018
  • 5,688 Views, 3,272 Comments

Dadonequus Discord (Book 2) - CrazedLaughter



With the exodus of Chrysalis, Anon's life finally starts to go back to normal. Or rather, as normal as it can be when being the adopted son of the spirit of chaos. But new problems await him. What they are? Who knows...

  • ...
41
 3,272
 5,688

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 267 - A Shattering Conclusion

“...Here I am, Father, at the cusp of total victory! You chose to disown me, and my own brother, Scorpan, betrayed me. He stole my birthright, my staff! And for what? To set in motion a line of failures that led to it returning to me, stronger than ever! I have the key to total and absolute victory!” Tirek boasted as he walked back and forth, his arms up and wide in the air as he exclaimed his dominance. Until suddenly, he stopped, put his arms behind his back, and began to look out the window down at Ponyville. “...And yet, it is happening much too quickly, and not by my own hand. I have to share it, with a foal of all things. An admirable foal, but a foal nonetheless. She cracked the code to this, all of this, and I know she hasn’t told me everything. Hmph, even if she is genuine in making this a partnership, she wants to hold all the cards.” Tirek then looked back at you, as temptation began to rise within himself. “This outworlder. Surely he didn’t divulge everything there is to know, no one is that stupid…” Tirek then walked up to your cage, opened it, and ungagged you. “So then, outworlder, it seems we are in a position to make a deal.”

“Are you serious? Even if you were offering my freedom, I know you’d just be lying to get what you want.” You said, staring back at him with disdain. Though, that monologue. It was clear he didn’t want to be in a partnership forever. Could you use that?

“Considering you’re not long for this world, you are in no position to deny my offer. You were only fooled because you weren’t expecting the tactics somepony like you would use being used on yourself. I understand that, but then there is the fact you used said knowledge to convert a once great and terrible evil to the side of good. You must know something, something she doesn’t, something that will give me leverage in case she tries to turn against me. Give me that information, and I’ll let you spend your remaining days in the dungeon. How does that sound?” Tirek said, offering you a terrible choice of salvation.

You stopped to think. How could you turn this around? How could you get out of this? What if you told him something that kept him on edge? Something he’d need to keep you around for? It was a longshot, but it could work. “What? Are you that afraid of her?”

“I’m not afraid!” Tirek angrily growled as he smashed his fist at the wall beside you. “You don’t seem to understand that just as easily as she betrayed you, she could betray me at any moment. This foal is unlike any other, and I refuse to play second fiddle just because she has the knowledge needed to conquer Equestria. Consider your options, outlander, because you don’t have long.”

“There is one thing she hasn’t picked up on. The ultimate downfall to any villain. It can happen at any time, for any reason, for even the slightest oversight. There doesn’t even need to be one, Tirek, it just happens. You want to make a deal? Give me something better than a stay at the dungeon. In fact, I’d say you could make a pretty sweet deal. You could take over from here with what I have to say and get rid of her right now.” You tell him, trying to entice him.

“Is that a fact?” Tirek said with curiosity before chuckling cruelly. “But you must be joking if you expect me to believe losing just ‘happens’. Do you not see how far we’ve come? Equestria will be ours within the day. Now, tell me the t-” But you interrupt him as you begin to spill a trope that is sure to interest him.

“It’s called Deus Ex Machina, or god’s machine. In a situation like this, it simply dictates that you will lose, no matter what, to something that may even not make any sense. Remember how you betrayed Discord? Didn’t you ever wonder why that led to your defeat? You literally gave Twilight the key to unlocking Rainbow Power. And it just happened, out of nowhere. I can counter it, Tirek, I can be your key. Just let me have my revenge on Cozy Glow, and as long as you don’t hurt my friends, I will give you everything you need to win. How’s that? Deal?” Come on, coooome on!

Tirek leaned back, and became silent. He was thinking deeply, scratching at his chin. “...No, I don’t think so. You almost had me, outworlder. But something like that cannot exist. What you refer to is simply a ‘fluke’, fate itself doesn’t bend reality in the way you describe.” Tirek put the gag back on you, and went to sit back on his throne. As he did, he seemed to go back into deep thought. What was he thinking about? That he had to play ball? Preparing mentally for a fight with Discord? Or maybe a part of him knew what you said was true, but didn’t want to put himself at risk.

It was silent in the room for some time, the crackle of the torches being the only sound resonating within the throne room.

Until finally…

The doors of the throne room burst open, as Discord, with no costume whatsoever, stepped into the throne room with a scowl.

Tirek composed himself, standing up and pointing at Discord. “Ah, what a surprise. Discord! You sensed my awesome power, haven’t you? Do you really think you can stop me? Do you tru-...ly? Hm?” But Tirek was caught off-guard as Discord stomped over to the cage instead, staring at you with an angry glare.

“Anon, I’m truly disappointed in you. Three whole charges and yet you still lost. And to make things worse, you ended up in a cage like some silly bird. We’re going to have a serious talk when we get home, mister!” Discord scolded as he waved his paw at you.

“W-what?! Discord! Aren’t you forgetting somepony?” Tirek said as he turned to the side, angry at being ignored.

“N-no? Who?” Discord said as he looked around, confused. “Was I supposed to remember somepony?”

“Me! Me! You idiot! How dare you ignore me, the great Lord Tirek!” Tirek bellowed angrily towards him.

“You? Really?” Discord scoffed as he waved his talons at him. “What? Did you expect some amazing showdown? Or perhaps me getting revenge for betraying my trust? Get over yourself, Tirek, you’re a joke. You’re not even at full power and you think you can take me on? I’d laugh, but the sheer disappointment I have in Anon here is too insurmountable to even fake a snort.”

Christ, even when he was rescuing you, he was an asshole. And that was something you didn’t need right now! This was a trap, and you had to warn him! All he has to do is stop playing around, why does he have to make a show of everything?!

“I will not be ignored!” If Tirek was feigning for the sake of a plan, he wasn’t anymore. He opened his maw and shot a black and yellow flaming beam at Discord. But Discord just pointed his talon at it, producing a tea cup that somehow contained all that power.

Discord took a sip of the magic tea and then spat it out in disgust. “Ew, bitter. Just like you, Tirek. Is this supposed to be impressive? Ooooh, you have a castle now! Do you think that makes you a king? Oh, I’m sure King Vorak would be so proud.”

“SHUT UUUUUUP!” Tirek began to scream angrily, unleashing blast after blast at Discord as Discord began to dance around the room like some mexican music was playing, you could even hear the strumming of the guitar before Discord jumped and stomped down on the last of Tirek’s blasts.

“Haha!” Discord let out as he finished his dance, roses being thrown into the room from out of nowhere as he caught one in his mouth. “Thank you, everypony, thank you.”

“You loathsome little worm! Do you really think you’ll get away with this?!” Tirek growled as he huffed and puffed, tired after such an attack.

“Get away with what? Taking back what’s mine?” Discord shrugged. “Look, Tirek, whatever is going on here, I don’t really care. Our purple princess is going to gather her friends, most likely soon, and come to stop you once they realize what’s really going on. And look at you, you won’t even be a challenge! It is preposterous to even propose it as such.” Discord scoffed. “Seriously, my only advice to you would be not to focus on Fluttershy, not unless you want to keep… Well, your entire being.”

Tirek said nothing, he took a deep breath, and tried to suck up Discord’s power instead. But Discord was ready as he launched a giant cork right into his mouth, causing him to scream in muffled anger.

“Nice try, but you won’t be catching me off guard this time. Speaking of, I do have to say that I’m a tad impressed with the decor.” Discord said as he began to notice the room. You were frantically trying to get him to cut it out and just rescue you, but he just suddenly seemed so intrigued by his surroundings. “Yes, something about it seems so familiar.” Discord then outstretched his tongue and licked the wall. “Even tastes familiar too. Tirek, chaos magic?” Discord took a look at you, and noticed something was missing. “I wonder how that happened?” Discord then shrugged, and chuckled to himself. “Oh well, I don’t care.” Discord began to approach your cage once again, with nary a care in the world. And that’s when you saw it, a portal opened from behind him as Cozy appeared, jumping at him with the staff.

No! NO! YOU COULDN’T WARN HIM!

DISCORD!

DIIIIIIIIIIIIISCORD!

It was over…

Or… Was it?

Discord was still looking at you, as a third arm outstretched from his back and caught the staff, with Cozy still holding on to it. “There we are, I knew something was off.” Discord literally span his face backwards to see what he was holding. “Hm, here’s the staff you were worried about, Anon. Mmmn, I suppose I owe you an apology on this one. And what’s this? A foal is attached to it.”

“Let go! Let go!” Cozy yelled out as she tried to break the staff from Discord’s grip.

“Hm, ah, I remember you. You’re Anon’s annoyingly innocent friend. Or ex-friend, as I can now imagine.” Discord then looked towards Tirek, who, having removed the cork, was now staring in shock. “Tirek, are you copying my shtick? Really? This was your grand master plan? To sic your foal at me? That's hilarious! True comedy!”

Holy shit! YES! DISCORD! YES! WOOHOO!

“N-ngh, d-darnit. S-so, it is real…” Tirek muttered to himself, as he began to back off in fear.

“Hm? I didn’t quite catch that. Ah well.” Discord then looked to Cozy, and gently began to shake the staff. “Excuse me, but can you let go? I’d rather not have to get violent with such a little foal. The game’s over, so perhaps I can do you the favor of sending you back home. Hanging around with a chump such as him isn’t going to do you any good.”

Dammit, Discord! She’s the mastermind! Just blast her ass!

Cozy stopped pulling, and looked at Discord with a sudden evil glare. “You’re not going to give me back my staff?”

Discord laughed at that. “Your staff? Ah, I see what this is. I suppose I should turn you in to Twilight instead, I can sense the seeds of villainy in you and she’s just the one to annoy it out of somepony.”

Cozy growled angrily this time. “I said, give me my staff! GIMME, GIMME!”

Discord chuckled again. “Ooooh, so scary. And what are you going to do if I don’t?”

Cozy stopped, almost seemingly giving up. But then she stared back at Discord, this time with an evil smile. “Well, if you’re not going to share. Then I’m going to have to do the sharing instead.”

“What? What does that even meaDSGDGFFDHGSDFGFD” Suddenly, Discord began to scream as the staff lit up, and started to spark with violent blasts.

“AAAAAAAAAAAGH!” Cozy too was screaming in pain, as the staff caught both of them in a strike that caused the both of them a great deal of anguish.

Oh shit! W-what is this?! What’s going on?!

“...She’s mad” Tirek said as he raised his arm to cover himself.

Finally, the staff released an explosion that sent Cozy and Discord hurtling across the room, smoke spreading from the blast.

No! NO! WHAT HAPPENED?!

Discord was groaning, he found himself very weak. “Wha-what in the wide wide world of… Ngh.” Discord found himself barely able to move. “M-my magic…” Discord raised his talons and gave them a snap. The only thing that sprung out was a few flowers, marbles, or candy with every snap he made. He then eyed the staff, and tried to crawl over to it. Suddenly, he yelped in pain when a hoof slammed down onto his body.

“Going somewhere?” Tirek said with a malicious grin.

Discord said nothing, he desperately tried to crawl towards the staff, but Tirek wasn’t allowing him to move.

“Oh ho, Discord, we do have a lot to discuss.” Tirek then looked towards Cozy, who was laying there covered in smoke. “Well then, it also seems that it is up to me-...What?”

A dark, ominous, yet girlish mad laugh came from the smoke where Cozy was. She began to come into view, laughing, crawling towards the staff, and hugging it. Her eyes, they have actually become a demonic red, her wings… They were twisted, burnt, and unusable. Her teeth had become sharper, and her mane had become a mess. She was weak, and yet, it didn’t stop her at all.

“And now we’re finished with step two.” She said with a giggle as she barely held up the staff, and blasted Discord, his screams becoming nothing as he is shrunk and squeezed into a bottle. You swore, the last thing you heard him say was your name, screaming as if he wanted to bring you to safety. Cozy then looked towards Tirek with a friendly grin. “You did a weaaallly good job, Mister Tirek. You really had him fooled!”

“Cozy… Do you realize what you’ve done?” Tirek asked, utterly shocked by what she had done to herself.

“Oh, I know, I can never use the magic of a pegasus pony again.” Cozy said as she weakly stood, and pushed the staff towards Tirek. “Good, it’ll really help sell step three of our plan. Golly, Twilight is going to get one good look at me and will do anything to help ‘save’ me!”

NO! NOOO! FUCKING HELL! NO!

Tirek looked at the staff with caution. He didn’t expect her to just give it to him. He slowly bent down, and grabbed it, holding it for himself. “I see, and are you aware that this next step is an unproven theory? My studies show that using an alicorn as a catalyst could just end up destroying her, or us, or even all of Equestria. There is no guarantee causing a chaotic harmony flux won’t end in total disaster.”

Cozy just huffed a little, catching her breath, and began to curl up her mane with her hooves. “I’m not worried. We’ve come this far, right? Either we conquer Equestria, or we blow up. Don’t you think it’ll ever be so much fun to see? If it works, then we’ll have the greatest players in Equestria under our control, and we won’t have to worry about the elements of harmony stopping us.”

Tirek was silent, as he was clearly unsettled. He looked at Discord within his bottle, and realized how far things were coming along so quickly. Even with his worries about Cozy, he felt no need to stop now. He was too ambitious to quit. “...So then, how exactly do you wish for this to play out?”

“Hm? Weeelllllll, Anon was tricked once to do this really powerful deal with Chrysalis that would cause a really bad thing to happen to her if she ended up hurting anypony. So, I think you should put an unlocked shackle along my neck and…” Cozy beckoned Tirek closer, to whisper to him.

Tirek, curious as to what the plan could be, picked her up and brought her to his ear. Tirek nodded as she silently went over her plan with him. He then gently put her down and chuckled. “...She’d have no choice but to come alone. I’m really beginning to see what you mean.”

“Mhmm! Oh oh! And maybe, we can have special codec thingies like Discord and Anon! That way I can chat with you about everything! Doesn’t that sound like fun?” Cozy said, giving him a cheerful smile.

“I…” Tirek said nothing at first, finding the very idea nauseating. “Perhaps later.”

Cozy crossed her hooves and let out a disappointed huff. “Okay.” She then looked towards you, and smirked. “Well, we don’t need him anymore. While I’m out getting us a princess, do you want to get rid of him?”

Your eyes went wide. Holy shit! HOLY SHIT! YOU WERE GOING TO DIE! You tried to break out of your paralysis, but you just couldn’t move.

“Perhaps we shouldn’t. Did you consider there may be more to this than what you’ve been told? He must have more secrets, secrets to completely secure our victory.” Tirek said.

“Um, no, we shouldn’t. See, every time a villain lets their prisoner stick around, something bad happens. Once we have Twilight, there really will be nothing that can stop us as long as we stick together! No, just get rid of him. C’mon, you can do it any way you waaannnnt.” Cozy let out in a sing-song way

“Hmn, any way I want?” Tirek looked over at the bottle containing Discord, and smirked. “Well, there is one way.”

“Alright! I’d love to stay and watch, but I have to do my duty!” Cozy said with a salute, and began to giggle to herself. "Just remember to have fun with it!"

“Yes…” Tirek pointed the staff at her, and produced a large shackle along her neck. “There, now be off with you.”

Cozy frowned, and pouted towards Tirek. “Aren’t you going to say ‘bye bye, Cozy’?”

Tirek stopped and twitched. He really didn’t want to do it, he did not want to say that. But he let out an awkward smile, and waved to her. “Bye bye, Cozy.”

“Yay! Bye bye, Mister Tirek! My bestest best friend!” Cozy said with a wave as she exited the throne room.

Tirek shuddered as he hung his shoulders low. “This foal… I have to watch myself around her. I’ve never seen anypony willing to sacrifice their own being like that and come out with such an unsettling smile.” Tirek then looked towards you and Discord, and spun the staff between his fingers. “At least she’s willing to share. Now then, Discord, you seemed to be having quite a laugh, mocking me the way you did.” Tirek waved the staff, and transported you, himself, and the bottle up to the highest tower, a tower that nearly reached the clouds. Tirek, using the staff, made a pedestal for the bottle as he approached you. All you could do was scream and shake, as you could feel the end coming.

Discord was banging on the bottle, trying to free himself, actually yelling for you. Tirek ignored him, as he began to laugh. “Oh yes, how pitiful you must feel right now. Left with just enough magic to keep this horn’s form, to filter that magic through it, and to use you as a magical battery. So little magic, but just not enough to save him. Do you really care about him, Discord?”

Discord began to tear up, he was doing his best, snapping his talons to try to produce something to break the bottle.

“Trying to break free? Ah, now that’s an idea. Oh, outworlder… No, Anon, was it? Hold still.” Tirek said with a chuckle, as he began to laugh maniacally, waving the staff at you. He pointed it towards you, and shot a bolt of magic through you. Near instantly, you began to change into silent glass. “Quite the spectacle, don’t you think? There’s an old extinct species that would have loved to see something like this. It really is a work of art. But, ah, you wanted to focus on my family, is that right? How it all shattered before me? How my own brother lacked vision, stole the staff, and betrayed me? Well, Discord, with somepony like you, you can’t help but be a fool and push everpony away. Push them until eventually…” Tirek swung the staff like a bat, smacking it into you, and shattering you into a million pieces. It not only felt like nothing, but your thoughts immediately became nothing. Discord fell to his knees, clutching his fists, literally unable to look at whatever was left of you, coming to realize he was at fault for all of this. Tirek brushed whatever was left of you on the tower off the edge, and looked towards Discord with a very satisfied smile.

“Everything breaks.”

Author's Note:

I wonder if anyone picked up on dat G1 reference

PreviousChapters Next