Songs of the Spheres: Extended Multiverse 216 members · 58 stories
Comments ( 505 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 505

I suppose it's about time I add a few suggestions. Some may have been said before but hopefully a few are new. I also tried to narrow them down to stories/universes that feel like they might actually be viable.

The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon - Good steampunk love story

The Iron Horse: Everything's Better With Robots! - Excellent story with well done world building. An Equestria that's just starting to accept advanced technology.

Photo Dash - Photo Finish and Rainbow Dash are the same pony. I don;t know how this could be used (as the rest of their world is pretty standard) but it's been dead a long time which is a terrible shame.

The Necromantic Adventures of Lyra Heartstrings - A very complex world of monsters and magic and ponies who fall in between. Lots of D&D-esque races and classes.

Harmony Among the Stars - Basically, ponies progress their technology until they reach Star Trek. Not a crossover, just shared concepts.

Legacy - a wonderful epic of all genres. Not technically dead, more like a lich. Or Solomon Grundy. Once or twice a year the author drops a massive chapter or three (once it was a 100K word chapter)

And finally, Twilight Sparkle: History's Greatest Monster - very old and very dead. A venerated elder from early fandom days that deserves its due diligence.

Oh hey, you've got one of my stories on the list... I really need to get that one finished. Really though, The Blue Mage is mostly focused on Apple Bloom, though in the first story, Child of Misery, Sweetie Belle played a fairly important role.

I found the story by chance and wanted to suggest four stories, to see if they could be liked as much as I liked to read them...

Sweetie Shadow <-- King Sombra live in the shadow of Sweetie Belle

just a phase <--- A equestria that don't like mares having love with mares

Too sweet a deal <--- When a human awaken in the body of Sweetie Belle

[Sweetie Devil <--- Sweetie Belle as a demon

Okay, I've got another one, a long-abandoned fic by a long-gone author. Family Secrets: The Reveal and its associated fic The Dragon Princess. If only because of this one line:

Twilight sighed, so tired, but managed to gather herself up. “Come on girls!” She called. “I have absolutely zero ideas as to what is going on, but I’m not going to let any friends get lost in this sea of madness!”

Which about summarizes the fic.

(Yes I know there's already a "Family Secrets" on the list. This is a different Family Secrets.)

I finally found the world I've been looking for.
Equestria Divided
An Equestria where after Celestia and Luna die the land is divided between the Elements of Harmony. The link should take you the most enigmatic fraction: The Cult of Laughter. Enjoy! :pinkiecrazy:

So it turns out there is a FiMFiction group and a deviant art group for this thing. If GMBlackjack needs more info.

There is a FIMfiction group for it! I did not know that.

GMSeskii
Group Admin

Well this looks like a fascinating Archive Panic to dig through. Holy mole. I'm intrigued.

-GM, master of twittermites.

From my brief look at the Deviant Art group gallery, it seems to be more a 'setting' then a 'story'. And one built to be a RTS, at that.

Of course I haven't read the fics, so I'm probably completely wrong. Summarizing what I could glean: Celestia and Luna die, somehow, and the sun and moon keep moving. So of course everyone freaks out and goes to war over this, fast-forward to the mane six each leading a faction and all trying to gain control of Equestria in different ways.

hooray grimdark!

One thing I'd love to see, since I'm such a cyberpunk fan, is them visit the world of Cigarettes and Gunmetal. I don't know if you've ever read it before.

Alright, time to do something I have not done before: Upvote!

The Moon's Apprentice
Triptych (and associated fics)
Changeling Space Program
The Thousand Year Change
Past Sins (which continuity?)
The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon
The Iron Horse: Everything's Better with Robots (and sequels)
Apple Bloom: Transform and Roll Out
Quantum Castaway
The Petriculture Cycle (starts with Petriculture)
This Game of Mine
The Three Sisters (and sequels)
Foreign Nationals of Unusual Importance (and its sequels/associated fics)
Twilight Manages to Screw up More Than Usual
Principal Celestia Hunts the Undead
The Clockwork Consequence
The Order & What Hath Joined Together
My Little Rarity: Rarity is Rarity
The Necromantic Adventures of Lyra Heartstrings

And now to do something I have done many times before: Suggest fics!

Deserts and Dragons (and sequels), a lot of fun with some kooky characters.
Equestria Girls: Extra-dimensional Crusaders because it's a deadfic with transdimensional crusaders, cue shenanigans
A Clever Pony whose main character is a formerly nonsapient horse
A Warhorse in Equestria which is isekai for a warhorse, so that's fun.
There used to be a fic on the site called "An Equine In Equestria," I don't know where it went but it was like the two above--ordinary earth horse transported to Equestria and starts to freak out about being sapient. And actually was very good xenofiction. I know the cover-art depicted the maind character as a cow-print black spot on white pony, I don't know if the fic had its name changed though. If anyone can find it, or an archive, I'd put it on the recommendations.
Of Horses and Whorses is another "ordinary horse in equestria" with the added twist of the horse's owner coming along, and the ponies reacting to that relationship.
Magic School Days also has a non-sapient equine--this time, a Harry Potter style unicorn--adopt the cutie mark crusaders while they study at Hogwarts. There is some Dumbledore bashing, but it doesn't dominate the plot, and the fic doesn't fall into the "ponies are just BETTER at magic than wizards" trap a lot of crossovers like this do.
Speaking of magic, there's Everglow, the fan-setting made for Ponyfinder. The FiMfiction group might be a good place to start, or you could contact the creator directly on his FiMFiction profile--I know he's done oodles of expansions for other races, and I'm sure he'd love to stat out some of the more unusual Sweetie Belles. Or find stats for them. I mean, there's already a third-party pathfinder Gem analogue, and I know Silver made a Steven-style pony/Gem hybrid race, so... yeah.

GMSeskii
Group Admin

Technically yes but I'm not likely to use ones beyond the big three, to be honest.
-GM, master of limes.

Eh, what the heck. I'll throw in my whole Sunsplit Saga. That's Sunsplit and its sequels... which are all slice of life stories where Sunset is Sunburst's opposite sex clone.

I mean I don't know if it fits the 'exploring the multiverse' angle, since it's really focused on only one character, but whatever.

And I've found some old faves of mine to throw onto the pile!

A Minor Variation: Wherein the Mane Six have different cutie marks and different elements. Always fun to see an AU!
Mellinium Wake: Oh-ho-ho boy would this be fun for the Sweeties! Rarity is (accidentally) put to sleep for a thousand years, and wakes up to find all her friends have 'imprints', ghost-clones that run various sci-fi companies in a world that has been hit with a few minor apocalypses. They did leave behind messages for her, but somebody stole the discs holding them, so Rarity has to go on a quest to find the last words of her friends. But that's not nearly all that's going on, oh noooooo... Suffice it to say, Merodi Universalis would be very interested in some of the stuff Rarity's dealing with. This story was meant to be a continuation, but it's effectively a couple more chapters of the same story. Technically the whole thing is a deadfic, so that's another reason to look into it.

Gotta suggest an idea of how to handle worlds that are still active or ongoing, incomplete/dead or otherwise complete but lack any form of author contact: fracture the timeline! You could use source material from the author/story/series and splinter events to your will in order to come up with a new story capable of being part of the canon of the world you're visiting, which is kind of what you have already done with Sunshine and Fire, though I'm hoping you can do better than that in the future.

I've already submitted several works that could be really good visits with a little chaos mixed in, and it'd improve your storytelling to use a different approach in style and character flow regarding different author's works anyways. Pretty sure there are more dead fics out there that'll get included, so this is really a good thing to consider anyway.

You never did set a limit to how many votes a story could get per person, so here we go!

Three Wishes
Seeking Power
The Immortal Game
The Last Pony on Earth
Veil of Thoughts
Petriculture
Twin Twilight Tales
The Third Generation
Split Second
Little Glimpses
This Game of Mine
The Three Sisters (and sequels)
Past Sins
The Order & What Hath Joined Together
Crusaders as both an upvote and a link because you linked verse averse in its place on the main list
Iota Force
A Filly to a Mob
Goodbye, Crusaders
Background Pony
How Hard Could it Be

...and now a new one:

Millenium Wake (Had this in the wings, actually)

I even have new suggestions:

Ten Years Flat is not formatted very well, but it does tell a good story that I would LOVE to see continued.

Lost and Never Found

Lost Time......Hoo boy, here's a world I hope you don't botch up. There are actually a couple versions of how this one ends out there, but I hope you don't go with the original ending that I remember.

If I may suggest. I would love to see the Sweeties drop in this story.

A new beginning in a new land.

Don't know if you are familiar with it, but it is one of my favorite stories here. IMHO I always thought it should have ended with Luna's and Jax's wedding.

I could just see the crew stepping into the dimension on a hill outside of Ponyville, at night. Looking at the town they think it is especially quite.

Cinder looks behind them and says "maybe everypony is at a wedding"

As one the others look behind them. There is Luna and Jax, Calestia as maid of honor, the main 6 as bridesmaids, Discord is best man, and Cadence officiating. With the towns ponies in attendance.

"OHH COME ON" one of the Sweeties yells.

Jax is a human from another dimension with no way home, something Luna may worry about if the LSB offer to help him find a way back.

Just my thoughts.

Have you ever read Cigarettes and Gunmetal?

GMSeskii
Group Admin

Nope, haven't read most hte stories on the list.
The intent is that you only one upvote per story on the list. If you could upvote things multiple times that defeats the purpose. As a story reader, you can add one '+' to story A, and one '+' to story B, but not '++' to story A. (If you wrote the story your'e suggesting, it gets a bonus '+')

EDIT: for future reference please don't try to upvote a story more than once, I almost disregarded your entire comment because of it. IT would have been a shame not to get the new stories on there.

-GM, master of noodles.

If you get the chance give it a look, it's one of my all time favorites.

No problem! Hope you fix the link problem I pointed out, though.

Okay, just to get it out of the way, I'll toss all my Oversaturated fics out onto the pile. The only unfinished one is Sailor Orbital. (And this doesn't begin to cover some of the nonsense in Group Precipitation...)

Rise of the Wholesome: In which Chrysalis's cult becomes a world power.
Pest Control: In which Applejack fights giant monsters.
Crossworlds Gaurdian: Sailor Orbital!: In which Ditzy is a senshi.
Criffleball: In which a new sport is played.
Blue Sunny Days and Pink Lemonade: In which two characters bond and are definitely not dating.
Enthralled: In which the sirens encounter somebody familiar.
Swirled: In which Screwball contemplates her role in the universe.
House of Shadows: In which Sunset reveals a terrible truth of the new world.

Suggesting something outside of Fimfiction: Steamquestria. It's a mostly-unfinished and abandoned concept, but there's a really interesting setting under it. Linked there is the part that's actually finished, but there's more in the form of a general outline here.

Here are my suggestions. One of them's my fic.

1. The Great Alicorn Hunt
2. The Rise of Darth Vulcan
3. Sunset: Through a Mirror Darkly (This one's my fic here) (Feel free to use it) (You're not allowed to kill Sunset, Sunburst, Starlight, or Twinkleshine off. They are Truly Immortal, and cannot stay dead. They are also soulless, so killing them off would be really... bad.) (Chapter 02 is being written, but here's what happens in a nutshell... Sunset and Celestia reconcile, Sunset and Snowbank go through the mirror, the device Snowbank attached to it goes off randomizing the coordinates so that Celestia cannot follow, Sunset and Snowbank emerge where the others are, they are at..... And that ends Chapter 02, and the starting story. I plan to write many stories from this point. Like 'Sunset: Through a Mirror Darkly - Harry Potter', 'Sunset: Through a Mirror Darkly - Skyrim', 'Sunset: Through a Mirror Darkly - RWBY', 'Sunset: Through a Mirror Darkly - Star Trek', 'Sunset: Through a Mirror Darkly - Worm'... You get the idea. All of these will be alternate timelines where the mirror spat them out at different destinations. If you include this story, you can have them emerge on the ship of Sweetie Belles.)
4. To Outlast
5. A Phoenix Beyond the Veil - The Philospher's Stone
6. Harry Potter and the Crystal Empire
7. Pony Predators of Equestria
8. Second Sunset
9. Sunset Shimmer and the Boy Who Lived
10. Friendship's Greatest Challenge Part 1_ The Prisoner Of Azkaban
11. SAPR

Hope you like some of these suggestions.

6746858 I'd like to suggest my story:

TSweetie Belle Gains a Soul
In her darkest hour, Sweetie Belle finds salvation, but it comes with a terrible curse.
Bad Dragon · 132k words  ·  178  45 · 6.8k views

Considering the number of stories on the list, you'd spend more time reading than writing if you tried to read them all...

GMSeskii
Group Admin

I spend about equal on good days, though at the moment I'm just reading Ranger in between scenes. Good story so far, pretty sure I'll accept it.

-GM, master of DA BOOKS.

I'll upvote Steamquestria. And really any of Egophiliac's works. She's a great artsywriter. Moonstuck, Slice of Life, Inconvenient Trixie...

That last one is probably better suited to being a random gag then an actual chapter, though.

So, quick etiquette question: if we find a new story to dump onto the pile, are we allowed to double post or should we edit?

Anyway, Magical Girl Sunny is a fun little romp about, you guessed it, Sunset Shimmer as a magical girl. Well, maybe.

GMSeskii
Group Admin

I won't see it unless you double post it, so you should post it instead of editing. I don't mind double posts.

-GM, master of hutches.

I'm going to throw in two of Harry Leferts' stories. Well, okay, SIX, but five of them are in the same continuity, so yeah.

The Wizard and the Lonely Princess is another Harry Potter crossover, starring Harry, Luna, and the MOST EVIL PLUSHIE IN EXISTENCE! It only covers book one, and the sequel hasn't been updated in a while, but there's a lot of supplementary material suggesting more magic than either source material shows exists.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the changeling is a deadfic, but with a very fun premise. Twilight and Chrysalis end up magically pushed out of the universe, and when they come back a week later it's been years for them (and they've started a relationship). It really is a shame that it ended so quickly, but hey, it's perfect for Merodi Universalis.

And now, another continuity of fanfics!

The Witching Hour is all about a social recluse kirin. And every one of Chaotic Ink's stories is in that continuity. Yes, even the EQG one. Granted, at this time there are only six stories, but there ya go.

Friends Forever
Seven Minutes in Heaven
Substitute Harmony
Equestria's Twilight
Not My Destiny
Dusk and Dawn
Sweetie's Mansion

Okay, here's a tidbit more. Definitely worth reading these, even if you don't accept them.

Also, upvote for Slice of Life.

The Pale Condition
Where a terminally ill Fluttershy travels to Yharnim. It is also sadly dead.

The Empress Returns
I would recommend reading The God Empress of Mankind first.

Those Forty Years
My Little Planeswalker: Twilight's Spark
I would recommend reading the sequels as well.

Speaking of sequels, what is your policy concerning stories that have sequels in their continuities?

GMSeskii
Group Admin

Speaking of sequels, what is your policy concerning stories that have sequels in their continuities?

If you think it's necessary to read the sequel, it's probably a good idea to let me know. But I may or may not take it into account. For instants, I took Sweetie Belle and the Quest for Knowledge into consideration when creating Tab, but I am 'ignoring' the sequel for The Enchanted Kingdom.

-GM, master of romulans.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch...

I CANNOT believe I've withheld this precious gem from you for this long. This Apple Bloom deserves recognition in some way, and I really hope it comes to that.

Well, just to show I have no shame:

In Which Masterweaver Just Makes Stuff Up, a story in which I just make stuff up. There is a continuity, mind you. It just happens to be a bit random. Okay, a lot random.

My recommendation is to read all of the sequels for Of The Hive before having the LSB travel there due to some world building that is important later on.

Ponymotes: Basically just nonsensical animations with pony emotes. Friends for Burgerbelle!
Agrol's two animation channels. The first one is mostly nonsensical, but features the running thread of Wing-Obsessed Starlights (implied to be questing the multiverse). The shorts on the second channel are more coherent, though elements of the first animations do make their way in.

Back at it again with the suggestions, this time with a neat new formatting trick! First off:

TGeorge Trestale, God of... Something
Equestria has a new problem - that is, they have to deal with yet another human, and this one's been bestowed with godlike powers that don't even work properly. That, and amnesia. Probably not a good combination.
DrOcsid · 72k words  ·  1,002  35 · 12k views

A neat setting with a native human nation in Equestria, as well as silly acronymal names.

Next up:

TA World Worth Dying For
Not every alternate world Twilight went to was a villain's playground. Some were only mildly worse. One was arguably better...
ClanCrusher · 22k words  ·  789  9 · 13k views

A neat story that brings up an ethical dilemma that would probably be immediately devalued by the appearance of the LSB, if timelines work like I think they do. Which they probably don’t.

Next on the block:

TThat Changeling's a Bad OC!
What is a changeling to do when she finds herself dragged along on a Daring Do adventure? Fangirl right the heck out, of course.
Raugos · 137k words  ·  749  10 · 7.1k views

A semi-serious adventure story that sprung from a comedy one-shot. With ancient civilizations, Daring Do, and probably-pointless-secrets, it’s a fun time all around.

Now, we have:

[Unpublished stories cannot be embedded]

A deadfic I remember fondly from the days before I even made my account. Man sees ponies and assumes himself insane until a pony sees man. Hopefully you deem it worthy and work LSB’s biblionecromatic magic on it.

And my final suggestion for tonight:

Tpony.exe
David Carrian finds a virus has infected his computer. Meanwhile, Twilight Sparkle doesn't know where she is, and there's data floating everywhere around her...
Blue Blaze {COMET} · 47k words  ·  1,645  55 · 17k views

Another mostly-deadfic, though not as old comparatively. Twilight becomes a computer virus. Very neat, and did a crossover with Iron Horse, which has already been suggested.

Actually, scratch that last “finally” I just saw another good fic in the recommended bar:

TTwilight's World
Instead of getting Spike a birthday present, Twilight finds herself trapped in a closed universe. A fictional universe, she believes, where nothing is real. Mike has a different opinion about that.
grouchopony · 214k words  ·  963  42 · 22k views

Twilight gets stuck in an enchanted book, except not really. Not exactly dead, but the next chapter is held hostage by the author’s writer’s block.

My uppledidodedoots for tonight are:
Moonstuck, with Woona being extremely adorbs.
AgrolChannel’s semi-connected video multiverse, with the potential for another self-society, this time of Winged Starlights.
In Which Masterweaver Just Makes Stuff Up for being simply hilarious.

And that’s all. I spent nearly 30 minutes just typing this up, so I am done for tonight.

GMSeskii
Group Admin

Believe it or not it's acutally easier to copy-paste the direct links rather than embeds. This is still nice, but if you're looking for maximum helpfulness...

-GM, master of raymond.

GMSeskii
Group Admin

People should really start trying harder to post suggestions.

There's already over two hundred.

-GM, master of AAAAAAAGH.

There's already over two hundred.

Let's see if we can't push it to three! Laughs maniacally

A Pony Named Nope: A pony is born. She has a fancy mane, a long horn, and gorgeous wings. She's an alicorn--and, her parents immediately realize, a Protagonist. All well and good, except that they like their quiet unremarkable life, so they immediately set about teaching their daughter how to subvert destiny.

I've already used the list as a kind of quality story search, so who the heck cares? Just get author contact if possible.

Got some more, though without the neat-but-inconvenient formatting trick.

Displaced Into Nothing: A unique take on the Displaced fic genre. The merchant dude accidentally Displaces someone who knows magic, and things immediately go wrong. Gore warning, especially for the newer chapters.

.b..a...c....k.....r......o.......o........m.........s..........: A surreal short fic. Unicorn Twilight wanders an eternal expanse of yellowing office halls. The emphasis on unicorn is important.

The Tirek Who Tolerated Me: The Spy and Tirek swap bodies. A bit short right now so not much for me to comment on, but that’ll probably change by the time you get to it.

I Have No Mouth, And I Must Squee: A comment-driven story. Currently, the MC is on a quest to recover some anime artifacts and truly become Skeletor.

Uppiddlydobiddydootees (yes I am going to make this worse every time):
Velvet Underground: A Jojo-inspired take on Twilight’s parents.
The Symbiote: Twilight takes down a corrupt testing facility with the help of aliens. (Also the only sequel as-of-now is literal porn, so...)
Asylum: The introduction of the multiverse to this world would absolutely blur the lines between delusion and reality for this Twilight, and I am all for seeing that.

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 505