• Published 6th Jun 2014
  • 33,901 Views, 3,910 Comments

It's Complicated - TheSillyAnon



Nondis is a man who managed to find himself Equestria. While Twilight and the other princesses try to find him a way home, he realizes that finding a way back is only a minor problem in comparison to his growing attachments to some of the Mane Six.

  • ...
290
 3,910
 33,901
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 76 )

6/6 The Lasting Legacy

Thank you all for this journey. All of what I can say has been said numerous times for the past eight years. But for now, I think I need to have a lie down.

I can't even believe it's over, and I'm the one who wrote the damn thing.

So have one last pinkiecrazy. :pinkiecrazy:

I may create some more, but now I want to read what all you guys have put out there. Any suggestions? Gulp.

11205692
It's been one hell of a story to read, one of the best on this site.

11205692
and by suggestions do you mean for this story or your potential next?

11205701
No. I mean what have you created that I might read up on.

I love endings that go in a loop

Congratulations on finishing the story, it takes an impressive amount of dedication to complete an epic, I'm happy I was able to follow along this journey that you wrote.

I'm not sure what you plan on doing next but whatever it is I'm sure succeed. Thanks for the hours upon hours of entertainment you have provided, I won't forget this story anytime soon.

11205692
I....I've been writing. Currently rewriting my first book actually as I hated how it developed. But if your curious by all means stop by. I don't have the time now, but I can't wait to finish Nondis story.

You, a long with a couple of others, have been the primary reason I started writing on here. So watching you push and finish your story after so long is inspiring. Go have that lie down my dude.

End of an era, dunno how I feel tbh

GAH! The liquid pride! It's everywhere!

Seriously, the emotions in this last chapter were intense. And you definitely saved the best chapter for last. Time for a well-deserved break! Do you have any thoughts towards the next story you want to write? Or are you going to retire, like Nondis?

I don't know what to say. Congratulations.
It's been a very long time since I stumbled on your story on the new tab. I'm pleased you've managed to complete such a huge story, because I've seen many start off and just never update again. You've successfully done what many have tried to, and I have thoroughly enjoyed every written word. As a long time fan, just allow me to say: rest your old bones, you've earned it. 💚

Oh god. It’s really finished, isn’t it? I wish I wasn’t at work so I could read through this, ugh!

11205692
Well I don’t have much, just a few oneshots from half-assed ideas I had over the past few years. You and anyone are more than free to give them a look! I also have my first clopfic, though that’s got incest so be wary.

Congratulations on finishing your story, and my deepest condolences to you and her family on the loss of your friend and their daughter.

11205709
I hope their is a sequel

Twilight looks up to the sky to see pink starfish that was bigger then her planet, hurling his fist to her world.
"And then here comes a gaint fist!"
Twilight smile and said her peace out loud. "Finally..I can get away from you all. Always hated everyone on this planet." The End

And as with all good things, everything must come to an end eventually. Thank you for writing this over the past eight years, it has got me through some difficult times. God.. eight years. It's been one hell of a ride.

The perfect way to end it, good job. Enjoy your rest, maybe a story about his kids? and im sorry for your loss, my group lost a friend down there too, (to covid) and we are missing her a lot, she was the only girl in our group of guys.

Cliff giggled as he gladly took the offer. "Bruh, there used to be picnics over this shit. Where do you think the word 'picnic' came from in our world?"

"Picnic?" Alex questioned back.

"Pick a nigga." Cliff joked.

It took a while for the context to kick in before we all got it. Mel's jaw dropped as she looked away in discomfort, mixed between wanting to laugh and feeling uncomfortable about it. "WOW! Oh God, that's dark!"

AYO?! That shouldn't be funny! Fucking Cliff! :rainbowlaugh:

 

I got a girlfriend to molest... consensually of course.

God damn it Nondis 😅

⛧ 'Umbra' Sanctus Quorum ⛧
We don't need no water
let the motherfucker burn
Burn motherfucker, burn.

HELL YEAH!!!
reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Happy-Dance.gif


Also....FUCKING FINALLY!!!!

Nondis & Celestia finally got it in & the lead up to was WORTH IT! This girl really called that boy "Daddy" I'm GONE bruh! 🤣

Nondis did exactly what I hoped he'd do when the time came, he

TORE DAT ASS UP!!!

My goofy ass was grinning ear to ear reading that scene. It was a long time coming & you delivered man!

"SHUT UP LUNA!!!!"

For real, yo sister in there fighting her life. Like come on now!

Princess Twilight hugs the specialist of her guard, all while informing them of what they received. "It's a memoir of his time here in Equestria. It took him all these years to finish it, but he stuck it out as best as he could. I even went through it and added a few perspectives from everyone around your father. I have a finalized version with everything in it, but these books I'm giving you now omitted a lot of the... sensitive recounts of prior experiences."

"Yeah, I'm still processing dad's passing. I don't think I need to read on the story of how we all got here." Alabaster replies, causing everyone in the room to find a bit of humor in the absence.

The princess sighs as her cheeks flush red. "I figured as much."

Stellar Sunshine opens the book and reads the title in font of the introductory page. "'It's Complicated?' Isn't there a better title to this story?"

It all comes full circle. What a beautiful way to end off this incredible story. Everything wrapped up beautifully!

Also I FUCKING CALLED IT on Single File staying in on Earth!

I wasn't ready for the miscarriage portion of the chapter. That was sad but it at least it all worked out in the end.

I knew it would inevitably in end in Nondis death but I wasn't expecting Celestia to go before him. That was depressing but hey at least Nondis got to enjoy a beautiful sunset with his beloved before she passed peacefully. Nondis's death 7 days later was also just as sad but again, they are now eternally together in the afterlife.

Also glad he got to know Nefasi as his son.

Also super glad that Umbra was officially killed off & they way he was rid of was CHEF'S KISS! Loved that everybody just didn't give a fuck about his screams as he was dying a slow & painful but HELLA justified death! They was really out here playing UNO while someone was dying. That's crazy.

All I could think about while Umbra was dying was this lol :

i.giphy.com/media/USnfWeCOHTHB3WX0aY/200w.gif

Bye Bye Ya sick bastard. Enjoy tartarus!

Loved the pictures that tied into the chapter. Especially the Celestia one with red wine. You just had to know that Nondis was blushing like a motherfucka 😅


I joined this site in the summer of 2020 because of this story & after I finish a few more stories, this'll be my final year on this site as a user. I'll make frequent visits possibly but that's about it. I'm so glad that i found this story. It helped me through a tough time during the pandemic.

This was definitely one of the best, if not the best story I've read on this website. Thank you so much TheSillyAnon.

Thank you

Also & I send my deepest condolences to you & everyone around you for your loss. I'm also sadly gonna have to deal with a pretty big loss in my family soon regarding my aunt who I love dearly. Cancer is a bitch!

11206143
You definitely called that, dude! Glad to see it came to fruition!

It's been a wild ride T.S.A. and I am going to miss it. But do you know what the best thing about finishing a story is? Getting the chance to read it from the beginning once again!

It’s...done.

Fuck.

God damn. All these years later, all these words, the trials and struggles, highs and terribly low lows, untold suffering and hardship of both the past and present.

My god, I didn’t think I’d get teared up reading this. Using ‘Into The West’ for that particular scene? That’s fuckin’ cheating, man! That song alone gets me weeping! 😭

I’m so happy to see Nondis and Celestia got the happily ever after that they deserved. Kids and a hoard of grandkids to follow. And I really liked the tying up of the ending, with his book being essentially this story. Super fucking heartbreaking to see them go. I was kinda hoping it’d end with them together in their twilight years just enjoying the memories they shared, rather than the bitter truth of their fate. But ultimately they each ended up as happy as possible, so I can’t fault that.

Feels hard to say, five years of reading this story and it’s all done. I saw the ‘complete’ tab earlier and that alone brought me to the realization of it all. It’s gonna be an adjustment to accept that I won’t be looking forward to another chapter from this story to no doubt wrack my heart with all manner of emotions, just as it was an adjustment to say goodbye to ‘Friendship is Magic’ after having it as one of the only consistently reliable and good things in my life for over eight years.

I’m glad all the harrowing misery and trials of the past several dozen chapters are over and done with. It never truly felt like trouble was fully gone through it all, and that there was always something looming to threaten or harm. I am thoroughly glad all that shit’s gone.

But I’m also sad to see it go. I’m glad you were able to se it through all the way, TheSillyAnon. Pumping out this absolute juggernaut for nearly eight years, as consistently and effectively as you did, speaks volumes to your fortitude, determination and mental acuity. I can only applaud you, and pity your mind for having to pump all this out. I’d break trying to reach even a very slight fraction of it all!

And I’m so very sorry for your loss, my friend. I hope your friend knew how much she was loved and appreciated by those around her, and that she never be forgotten. :heart:

Thank you so much for your tireless effort. Your skills and creativity will be heralded. I hope you take the time to properly rest and enjoy your life as you see fit to.

Now only one question remains: what next may you concoct to destroy our minds with? :pinkiecrazy:

PS: I was debating showing the account of events I made about this story in my journal just to show how obsessed I became with it, as well as needing to because there was so much happening over such a long time and I didn’t want to forget anything, but decided that’d be pretty cringey lol.

11205692

…It's over...

after 8 fucking years it's over...….I can't believe it. I'm having a hard time accepting that it is over...THIS story...no..Novel was the MAIN reason why I stayed on this site for so long. And now that its over...
I don't know what to do. anytime this story got an update it would immediately make my day 100% better as this story helped me through my younger self as I was going through some tough times but since its over I now don't expect an update to come back home to from School/work anymore. I can't look forward to the new chapter release anymore...because its done. And as much as I was hoping for it to come to fruition...I know now It is definitely NOT happening.
A sequel.
As much as I wanted one, it is no longer possible as the story already progressed this far. And as much as I hate to say it I fully accept that. originally I was hoping for a sequel with Nondis dealing with the other threats as well( Storm king, Cozy, Chrysalis, etc.) I understand why the story had come to an end. I am upset that it is over but not for that reason. I'm upset that these characters we all read about are no longer going to interact with each other anymore in a new chapter. They are gone their story is now over but the main thing I'm upset about is seeing their Realistic interactions with each other and the world around them. It felt as if these characters actually existed. the amount of detail and work YOU put into them is astounding.
But I will bid these characters a farewell and hope to see something similar in the future.
I also wanted to talk about these epilogues....they were crazy and sad at the same time.
Shinning.
I was happy with his ending he got it good at the end. I don't got much to say on him but I'm glad he was able to raise a daughter without her being a lab rat. happy with Cadence as well.
Twilight.

I. .Generally feel bad for her VERY. She never got the chance to redeem herself to Nondis and to get back with him but I knew they weren't good for each other. both were very toxic towards one another. Especially since she put her hands (or wings) on him at first. The song you chose for her chapter BTW. . . Fuck that was depressing. Then wished for him to suffer when he went to the mountains. . . Jesus she was cruel especially right after he was hospitalized and decided it was a good time to break it off with him their in his lowest times. great timing. But generally was hoping to see a better ending for her holding on that they were gonna get back together. Honestly another thought that did run through my mind at this time was the possibility of herding due to how much it was brought up and thought of it as a surprise as you did to the Nondis x Celestia ship which threw me off guard. . . REALLY threw me off guard. especially Luna joining in it as well as other interests he had like Rarity, Kali, Blue?, and Twilight herself but I was wrong on that part.
I feel bad for Twilight but at least she's trying to get back into dating.
Melanie.
Glad to see her move on from Nondis and to see her and Ricky have a kid. A bit crazy at the end with all the politics and stuff but overall a decent ending for her side of this story.
Kali.
Glad to see she becomes a better pony after all this ended. and to know she has a son from Nondis as per Celestias agreement to her is somewhat of a decent ending for her. She is no longer a thing to be tossed around anymore she is now a mother and a very responsible individual as well. Still wished for her to be with Nondis but oh well she got a kid from him and that's all.
Celestia.
Well... I'm going to assume were ALL glad that she ultimately got what she wanted at the end. A husband and a few children to go with her as well. She suffered through soo much and finally got a break from it all at the end after 1100 years...Damn what a long time. and to get a rewarded for it is nice for her. the Wedding was fantastic and her rubbing off from Nondis made it the better. Sad to see her pass on but she lived a long life. truly wasn't expecting her to pass but she finally got what she wanted this entire time...Peace. It was so emotional for me I almost cried when she passed.
Rest in peace Celestia you'll be missed by many in this story.
Finally...Nondis.
holly fuck man...seeing him develop into the character he became at the end of the story was one hell of a fucking journey. after all these years he became a total badass... while also suffering from soo much that its insane. from going from weak college kid in the beginning to the total fucked up badass at the end its crazy to think about. Nondis is a character in this story I could somewhat relate to as I had similar interactions in my late highschool career same as he did. Loved the way he develop himself as a character throughout these years until the end but I still disagree with what he went through with Umbra. Personally I think it went too far but nothing is going to be changing about it anytime so Ill save that rant for now but other than that Nondis lived a good life. he suffered through it though which pains me but he made that sacrifice in the end.
Now he had a wife a girl of his dreams and a few kids so I say he lived a good one.
Nondis Patricia Haines may you rest in peace eternally with your lovely Cella in the afterlife may God guide you both to the gates himself.

Well after all this. I still cannot believe its over these years have gone by so quick to when I first found this story in Mid-2015 until now. I'm glad its over but also sad it is as well but the old saying goes true. Good things must come to an end. so at the end of my long farewell to this story I want to say something to YOU the author.
.TheSillyAnon.

Thank you...thank you a million times to sticking to this story until the end. many other authors I followed when I found you never finished their stories as you did. the amount of effort you put into this is amazing I have no words to describe it. you finally inspired me to write something of my own eventually. possibly soon as this story has given me enough motivation to finally write something. But I wanted to ask you something as well.
What now?
will you continue to write a brand new story to go through another ride with or...will you retire?
If you continue then Ill be waiting for what you have in store for use but if not...Then I wish you the best of luck in life and may luck be on your side and thanks again for providing use readers a wild ride to go on. Ill be keeping your story on my account in my top favorites as I've planned to possibly reread the rollercoaster again soon just for old times sake and to go through it all over again. it sad again knowing its over but I'm happy I got to experience it while it was still going.

again, Thank you TheSillyAnon for this story and I'm sorry to hear about your loss
hope to see you soon.

This may be the first time i've read such a LONG running story that actually, has an end. I don't know whether to rejoice not having to spend multiple hours a day slow reading through a monstrous beefy chapter, or grief that it's over. This has truly been one of the greatest stories this site and fandom have to offer, and i've read a lot. I look forward to your next endeavor/foray into writing, and I'd be happy to recommend other titles to read, should you tell us what genres your lookin for. Enjoy your nap. And I send my condolences for your loss. It ain't ever easy and i'm sorry you and those close to ya are goin through it

Wow what a heck of a story it really deserves to be called one of the Great on this site most authors can't even make it this far but you went the distance and I hope your friends family give through and the help they deserve and congratulations with 5th story again I will be sequel

Words fail me... but adieu dear sweet Nondis and Celestia, may ye find one another in the next life and the one after that. This lord although dark wept tears for thee. Bravo, TheSillyAnon for this masterpiece you had given us so freely; Bravo. Thus ends a journey and one that won't be forgotten.

So it's finally over. After 8 long years this story finally reaches its conclusion. My thoughts:

1) This story got really dark by the end. The tonal shift from the first section of Nondis arriving in Equestria to his confrontation with Umbra is so jarring it's hard to believe that they're the same story. I think I liked the beginning sections a bit more and wanted a more slice of life story where Nondis becomes a better person by learning from his friends, keeping up with the original message of the show. That's not to say that the rest of the story was bad, just that it was so depressing that it was hard to enjoy reading from beginning to end.

2) The Mane 6 felt like they disappeared after a while. They came back at the end, but there were huge sections where we didn't see them interact with Nondis at all. Maybe that was the intention to have the MLP characters as a crutch in order to build up our connection with Nondis and the other human characters. After we gotten that connection, they weren't as important to the story so the pretty much played a background role. Then again, this is just an assumption on my part.

3) The romance was definitely all over the place. There were many reasons why they didn't work out:

-Twilight was his first relationship and they were just too toxic to be with each other. It was better for both of them to move on and learn from their mistakes.

-Rarity seemed to be into the idea of romance and not the actual romance itself, which we could see in the MLP finale where she is still single. It was never going to work out.

-Pinkie Pie was too hung up on Cheese and was never going to give Nondis her full attention, so it was doomed to fail.

- Melanie waited too long to make her move and by then it was too late. Sometimes you just have to take the risk before the person you liked is noticed by someone else. She was a good "first crush" for Nondis, but not what he needed.

-Blue seemed like more of a fling and never seemed interested in a relationship, same with Starlight and Luna.

-I thought you were going to introduce a Rainbow Dash romance subplot as there were hints that she was interested in him and she argued with Twilight over the fact that she hurt Nondis emotionally before his assignment into the mountains. Maybe you were going to do that, but you had to drop it in favor of the plot.

-I honestly like Kalimba and was rooting for her to get with Nondis. I thought after all they suffered together that it would have been a great pairing. I could understand why it would be a bad idea as she would have felt too beholden to Nondis for saving her life and she would never grow on her own. It makes sense, but I was still a little bummed out when they didn't get together.

-Celestia made sense as the final pairing. I personally wasn't fond of it as I felt like she's more of a mentor/mother figure than an actual girlfriend/wife, but that's just me. She had seen many horrors in her life and thus would be able to understand all the horrible things Nondis was going through. Not to mention she was the most mature out of the possible romance options, so it works. Just wasn't the one I would have preferred to see Nondis with.

4) The OCs were done well. The humans especially grew on me over time and I had no problem reading through their sections. I did want to see how Nondis' parents react to him marrying a pony their grandchildren being ponies. Were they ok with it? I felt like one final conversation between them and Nondis would have put a nice little bow on this story.

Overall I'm glad I read it and that it's finally concluded. Would I read it again? Eh, probably not, a little too grimdark for my tastes. But I appreciate the time you took to write, edit, and publish each and every chapter.

Thank you very much for the story and good luck in whatever you end up doing.

Whew. I am glad I took my time reading this. 8 years well spent. I remember catching this story a few times in the featured book. I often wondered what the heck it was before giving it a try. That was around the time Dexter Lab Equestria went on hiatus. I'm glad I gave this story a shot. Now, I can proudly add it to my favorites. That ending had me crying, though—great choice of music for all the segments.

11206879
Dude, I definitely agree with you on several points! The little hints of Rainbow’s potential interest here and there had me hopeful, like back when she requested a day to hang out with him, as well as her listing in the journal at the beginning that she wasn’t really into ponies. Honestly would’ve liked to see that come to fruition.

Also on the OCs, especially the humans. I loved Nondis’ human friends and his brothers, a solid group and pretty tight knit from the look of things. I liked that far more than most human OCs I’ve read on this site. Their dialogue and overall rapport felt so genuine and like people you could meet in real life.

I also share your outlook on the beginning of the story and the final stretch. I rather liked how it started out, but the drama and tribulations of his failing relationship with Twilight kinda bummed me out and left me hopeful things would work out. And then the grimdark stuff kept getting worse and more prevalent. The writer portrays them well and effectively, don’t get me wrong, but it is indeed quite jarring compared to the smaller scale and stakes of the beginning stages of the story, and I find myself much missing the earlier days and more slice-of-life stuff. All throughout the latter half of the story I kept finding myself longing for Nondis to go back to Ponyville for a while and relish in the more serene and friendly atmosphere than the cold, dark dealings he was embroiled with in Canterlot.

I pointed the crop at her. "You know the drill. Safe word?"

She pursed her lips in thought as she came up with her key word to stop the session. "...Luna."

Ayo! Chill my guy! :rainbowlaugh:


Also like my prediction regarding Single File staying on Earth being correct, I KNEW SHE WAS INTO SPANKING! Nondis had ol SunSun SHOOKETH!

I'm still reeling from her calling him "Daddy" like....Nondis just what the hell did you do to her my dawg? Ol girl was right on one thing & that he was going to break her & break her he did.

I'm going to assume she kept her promise on breaking the bed as well. I pray for my boy Nondis. A crushed pelvis but it's oh so worth it in the end. 🤣 d3rm69wky8vagu.cloudfront.net/photos/original/1.209685.gif

Honestly, I felt Umbra’s end was too quick. Even though he was essentially roasted to death, I still would’ve loved to see it drawn out more with him pleading and begging some more. It was so deliciously satisfying and really pathetic to see him brought so low. The boogeyman always lurking just out of notice, ready to strike deep and mercilessly when you least expect it, the vile mastermind who always had a few more tricks up his sleeve, now at the end of his rope and reduced to nothing more than a little bitch mewling for his life.

But all in all a very deserved and enjoyable farewell to no doubt the most abhorrent, hatable villain I’ve ever read in any fanfiction.

I don't know what to say.

I began reading this in 2019. I was browsing the internet for stories to read, as I was bored and looking to fill the hole that unemployment had made in my life. I was captivated instantly.

I was never a brony, or anything like that, just a guy looking for a good story. So when this caught me I was completely taken off guard. You, have done a truly exceptional job, Anon.

Many here have already expressed my same sentiments with there own reflections on this story, so I will let their testimonies stand for me.

This story had become as much a part of my life as many here, and during those times when you didn't post for awhile, I was left with a deep sadness that this story might not be complete. To see you work hard and struggle against the odds, it gives me hope fore my own story.

It gives me that motivation to complete my own work. While I'm not sure if I will ever come close to matching the sheer size of your work, I hope to honor it with my own contribution.

One final passage from me and then I'll shut the hell up.

To your friend:

May the Stars light your path, for your journey in this world may be at its end, but your soul continues on.

May the Sun warm those you left behind, a reminder and a balm to the aches those have in your passing.

As Twilight falls upon us all, let your Love for those waiting to join you be whispered in their hearts and minds. To Fortify their own journeys as they await to see you once more.

Rest in Peace.

Thank you once again for taking us on this journey with you. Good luck in whatever you do, and if you do happen to churn out another stunning piece of literature, let me know. I am saddened and exalted to see this one go.

Kind regards,

Morgan.

Kind of a weird theory that never came to pass, but I was thinking Nondis might reluctantly gain an interest in anal. Since his session with Blue and Alabaster was partially to help warm him up to the idea of intimacy with a stallion, in the case Umbra might give him an ultimatum he can’t ignore in one of his sexual advances, so that Nondis can perform and get the job done. I mean, he did have Créme servicing him before his final bout in the arena, so obviously wasn’t as hung up about that as he was before.

Then I thought he might gain it after Umbra raped him, having shown him something he didn’t know would be so good but deeply ashamed not only because he was taken in that manner, but also because he actually liked it. I had it in my mind that should that happen, Celestia would help him deal with it and even potentially explore it.

I really like how sex and intimacy was described and portrayed in this story, while avoiding a lot of more common terms like “dick”, “cock”, “pussy”, etcetera. The sex scenes were honestly what I looked forward to most :twilightblush:

Ugh I feel like a douche for taking up so much comment space but the amount of thoughts I have would be better spaced out than compiled in one big, long list imo.

I do kinda feel like the other humans were sadly absent for the latter half of Nondis’ epilogue. No news regarding how his family on Earth is doing or how they interact with his new family. Nor the mane six, for that matter. Seems he and Celestia didn’t even keep in touch with Twilight too closely, considering it seems that the first time she met their kids was 14 years after their first was born.

Thanks for the ride TheSillyAnon started reading this story way back in high school and now it’s done. 8 years in the making and by god this story was well worth the read. To quote a certain core “The End.”

"You came a lot, didn't you?"

"I came inside my wife, that's what the fuck I did."

LET EM KNOW NONDIS!!!

11207114
Unfortunately, he caused too much pain for anything short of being kept alive to suffer decades of torture to be satisfying, and his abilities made keeping him alive in any capacity a risk.

11208657
True there. Really fucked up, almost stopped reading at that point because it was just becoming too much in regards to the suffering.

11208047
Trust me I'm still thinking about this story after it finished a few days ago with other thoughts and events that possibly happened behind the scenes of the last epilogue. Like for example what was Luna's reaction to her sisters passing? that's one that still bothers me Nondis death as well. It's still hard for me to believe this thing is fucking over after few day my thoughts have been running wild with this story. Especially since the ending epilogue. All of our favorite characters are either too old or completely fucking dead which upsets me still but what can you do? They are forever gone but Ill miss Nondis the most his passing was the most emotional for me as not only was he reunited with Celestia in the afterlife but he left the world he fought soo hard to stay alive in, only to succumb to natural causes (AKA Death himself) in the end.

Still fucking bothers me that they're gone but I'm glad I read this story when it was still going.
Also trying to find a story very similar to this one and still being updated by the original author today on this site is like trying to find a 7/11 in the middle of no where. It's very hard to find a good story like this one nowadays.

Hey sorry about your friend... Tornadoes are horrible things. To me, they're even worse than a hurricane just because you have so little warning most of the time before they hit. I wish every house in Texas and the rest of the middle states had storm shelters, I hate how expensive they are to build.

I've always looked forward to seeing updates for this story in my feed as the years have gone by. Thanks for all the time and effort you've put into this! I'm glad Nondis ended up with Celestia after everything, there couldn't have been a better ending then that IMO!

What a ride, hard to believe it's over after all these years.

Even though the final arc may have been highly contested in opinion at points, it was still a good read and I'm glad to see proper closure.
The finale slowly morphing from triumphant into a sombre punch in the gut is bittersweet and I adored it. The loop was also a nice touch as other users have pointed out.
I'd say more but I'm terrible at putting my thoughts into words lol.

Thanks for sharing this story with us, and good luck with everything.

11211637

May I ask what this loop is? I’ve seen a few people mention it but I don’t think I’m quite getting it.

11211762
The ending of the story is like last of episode of Arthur in the way.
After the show ended, it goes right at the beginning of the first episode. Making it an endless loop just like this story.

11212181
Ooooh that makes sense. Thank you! I caught that but for some reason thought y’all were referring to something else. My bad :twilightsheepish:

11209161 Oh I’m also really bummed that they passed. I acknowledged that it was a possibility, but originally I had hoped the story would close with them in their twilight years (technically it did?), but not with their deaths. I kinda hoped it’d be more along the lines of Nondis and Celestia reflecting on their lives, the highs and lows, agreeing it was all worth it to get the happily ever after they both struggled and suffered for. But mostly I kinda wish it’d been left more open-ended, so that any future happenings are left to the imagination.

Though I can understand the author not wishing to do any more, after this mammoth of a story. I mean, where else can you go? This story reached so many dark points and times of suffering for so many, how could a sequel have topped any of this? But I will really miss the characters, especially the humans. They’re by far some of my favorite human OCs in any story on this site.

I gotta admit I normally don't comment on stories, but this particular one I feel a need to.

First and foremost I am sorry about the loss of your friend, you and the family have my sympathy and prayers.

Most of the "long reads" don't get finished, I got a dozen of different ones that I will never see done. This is one of those beautiful few that I get to read to the end and for that I am thankful. I'm also thankful that you truly closed the book on these characters, you made them fell alive not some not some collection of words that end with a 'fin, but actual living beings. Hell your very last chapter I felt in some parts that I was reading the very book that was given to Nondis's kids.

While sure there some parts that I could nitpick if I wanted they are nothing to the literary roller-coaster that is this work. Also congratulations on writing the equivalent of the 3rd longest novel, your work is just below the 15 volume 2,436,924 word 'A Chronicle of Achient Sunlight' and the 26 volume 2.3 million word novelization of the achient Indian Sanskirit epic Mahabharata, Venmurasu.

I truly did love reading this story and while I am sad it had to end, I am glad to have experienced this from start to finish.

Added to the Long Fics group! Hopefully you'll get a few readers to check it out. After all these years, good to see this story get closure and an end.

11205692
I fucking broke down reading this even though I was only skimming through it. I'll read it in its entirety again to get the full picture. Amazing job my friend. And I'm sorry what happened to Maria, take all the time you need you've done enough.:twilightsmile:

And reading this makes me feel more determined to write my projects and then post them here for all to enjoy. Hopefully this year. :rainbowdetermined2:

Take care man, I'll curious whatever your future story will be.:twilightsmile::derpytongue2:

Fucking top-notch story, holy shit what a ride.

11228027
Bro that was from 2014. I have no idea what I was talking about

11228027

I think I know what he was talking about. It might be this one?

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/120533/broken-hearts-and-diamonds

Haven't gone back to this since Ch 86 back in 2019, just saw now that it's finally ended; what better time to hop back on x3

Login or register to comment