• Published 19th Aug 2012
  • 73,848 Views, 27,934 Comments

Diaries of a Madman - whatmustido



Discord makes a deal with Celestia, sending a human to Equestria at the start of season two.

  • ...
495
 27,934
 73,848
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 94 )

Oh my god, it's alive.

Holy shit, you madman. 3 million words???

yay new chapter!

... finishes chapter.

crap now i gotta wait for the next one. :raritydespair:

This thing is getting so large, its gaining its own event horizon, slowing down how fast the text can escape. The next stage is for enough story to be collected together that it starts to reference itself constantly,a nd at that moment, be Awoken? :trixieshiftright:

Fyuuuuuck dis shit, I need to go back and re-read the last few chapters before I read this one, completely lost what was happening in the last seven months since the prev chapter

My heartrate jumped upon loading the site up and seeing this, that's for damn sure.

11599634
That's me, every new update.

For thousands of years he laid dormant

Celestia’s eyes as we moved around inside the ship were sharp, despite her playful comments. She finally had a chance to see things that had previously only been reports. With her experience with runemaking, she even had suggestions and pertinent questions everywhere we went. That actually led to an argument between her and Luna about proper rune-carving practices. The researchers hurriedly scribbled down every word of their shouting match.

media4.giphy.com/media/l1AsBL4S36yDJain6/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ux9bc6nhdppmf57x27673p6wyomzcvrqdg8pbcnm&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

You know everytime I read the beginning I can't help but remember this doctor who episode where the person you would find most annoying or hated would be yourself. So I couldn't help but think he was talking about himself.

Had where they needed to break into one of the most secure places and there where the employees where the same person as the boss.

Maybe the real Diaries of were the a Madmen we made along the way.

I have only have two bad things to say about this chapter. The fact that it ended, and that I not have to wait for the next. This story is pure insanity and I love it.

11599630
This is, at this point, one of the longest works of fiction, as well as one of the longest literary works, in history. Which rather surprised me to find out, and made me quite happy.

Welp, back to Chapter 0. Time to re-read the equivalent of an entire library contained in a single work of glorious fiction. Allons-y, mon amis!

Resu #15 · Jun 3rd, 2023 · · ·

I say it every time, but that's because it's the truth. I missed Nav. There is no alternative for reading a new chapter of this mad world. No matter how hard I look, there is nothing even closely resembling what we have in here.

I used to think that the story might end little time after conquering Tartarus and obtaining a soul. (was he supposed to merge with the one he is attached to?) Now, with all the talk about China and the economic development suggest it bright way further than I thought. That is not a bad thing for sure.

Nav is such a word warrior. His style of leading conversations helped me so much. I learned so much reading this story and I don't regret a single minute of it. He is even fighting mind games with his own self, trying to hide how important he has become, ignoring it, suppressing.

Looking at this, or any point in the story for that matter, is just unthinkable. How did we get here? The world has changed so much, the lore is enormous and Nav is souring past the ceiling towards overpowered-ness unimaginable. It is one thing to say that Discord can do anything, but showing what Nav has done, what he is planning to do. Amazing.

By the way, how the hay can I not find a single grammatical error in the entire chapter?

“My lady, shall I give you my hair as well?” Luna sweetly asked, looking up at me with hope in her eyes.

Knowing Luna, if Nav said yes she'd likely slice it all off as a sign of affection lol

Good to see another, love this story.

You can answer me literally one question. Will he ever get his gender back or not? I've already missed over 100 chapters because of this, but the longer I wait, the more I realize that this is probably the end

“Of course, my lady,” my maid replied with a relieved sigh. “Just hearing you say it is a relief. In fact, you said the same thing to me before, later that night. My lady, may I transform into something a little more comfortable?”

still a girl huh looks like am still out

When is he gonna get his dick n balls back?

I want to read it again (I originally read it in fanfiction) but honestly, there are several chapters that I'm embarrassed to read again and many others that are kind of boring, but for me the most iconic part of this fic is... well, The Bunker, one of the most screwed (non-sexual) things that can happen to someone

Thanks for chapter.

God, what a wonderful chapter.

There's something commendable about a story being continually maintained by an author for over a literal decade. This story started when the show was in its infancy, and it's still going even after its end.
It's inspiring, really.

He tried so hard and went so far, but in the end it won't even matter; Nav will never know peace for he will rule the world.

Damn, I love this story so much. It's crazy seeing how much WhatmustIdo has advanced as a writer, I recall the first chapters and the relatively stilted conversations and compare them against the conversations in this chapter that are full of so much wit and heart they just make me smile.


Alas, it's a shame that the rate of updates has slowed so considerably. I fear greatly that this fic will never be finished, I know whatmustIdo supposedly has most of it written, but then why did the update take so long? Although, this is a fate that befalls many other great fics on this site (i.e. Static World, Overgrowth) I do have faith in the author however that even if the story must be ended early, at least it will reach a fulfilling conclusion.

Comment posted by Inucroft1 deleted Jun 5th, 2023

11600368

11600309

11599966
Then
A) Stay away
B) why are you so sad you have this many alt accounts

11601115
WMID is writing his own original book atm.
He's still at this story, but yeah.
That's a thing.

11600309
I don't think it will change anytime soon, with the whole nature sister thing going on.
On the plus side Nav is starting to be more Navarone than Nav again so it is a start.

11600368
The way it is going never.
And if it happens I am betting he will keep the titties and slit too.

11599880
You said it, though I still miss Navarone a lot even though we are starting to get some more of him in recent chapters.

Writer is just that good.

11601675
His other story is amazing as well honestly. I really can't decide which one i like more. This has nostalgia as something i've been reading for years, but the bunny story grabbed me immediately as well.

11599646

Or collapse into a narrative singularity, so heavy that it breaks through the fabric of space-time to the void where the Old Ones wait eternally... for the next chapter...

It is by the author's own thoughts written down in appeasement to them that prevents all reality from becoming undone!

11599845

If this was ever published, it would absolutely curbstomp A la recherche du temps perdu (In Search of Lost Time, or Remembrance of Things Past) which comes in at a "meager" 1.5 million words (or 9.6 million characters). I suppose the character count right now would be a bit over 20 million if you use that novel for scale. And to think I've been reading this since it started. Woooooooo!

Now, if you go by fanfiction? Well... 3 million words is getting there but it's a long, long way off from The Loud House: Revamped, clocking in at over 16.8 million words over on Fanfiction.net.

11603777
Damn. Just... damn. Almost 17 million? Wow...

11599880
The only story I've come across that gives me a somewhat similar feeling while reading to this story is 'Life Finds A Way' by LiveFreeOrDie. Great world building, likeable characters with distinct personalities, great humour etc. Would highly recommend it for those who enjoy this story. :twilightsmile:

P.S. I hope it isn't rude to recommend someone else's story here, I have trouble with that sort of thing ^_^' please tell me if it is.

P.P.S. if you do check it out, you'll likely find me in the comments section, usually just correcting small spelling mistakes, but sometimes I make small jokes and even mini spin-off stories (yes, shameless self promotion, but I'm not usually very creative, so I'm really proud of them :derpytongue2:)

11605952
I don't consider recommending stories rude. It's a site for sharing after all, there is no need for competition.

Based on the description of that story I'm gonna mark it for reading later. Sounds unique, maybe slow-paced at times, but that's me judging a book by its cover. And it's quite recent, started in 2022. Frequent updates, long. My type of read, thanks for the recommendation.

As I took in all the trophies displayed on the stage, I began wondering if maybe this event was more important than I thought. Sure, it was just a pony rank, but it was clear that a lot of effort went into making sure everything was shined and laid out in a way that looked elegant and tasteful. The building itself would have taken time, effort, energy, and resources to put together. All of it was happening because of me. Or more accurately, because of the things I and my team accomplished.

Now THIS is how you convey character growth! The Nav we knew for 90% of this story would have never had such an emotionally-intelligent observation.

Several cargo-elevators had been dug into the mountain, presumably for underground storage. It had easy access to the dock itself, where cargo could be quickly moved from any ships. At the moment, wagons hooked up to wooden golems were moving large blocks of stone from the elevators to the large warehouse attached to the dock itself. It stretched out along a large platform built off the side of the cliff. It could accommodate Skyhold, as long as the pilot was careful. It could also accommodate half a dozen normal airships.

My brain doesn’t like this section.
It’s descriptive and the first part is good, but it feels clunky. Not sure what to replace it with.

11615026
Yes, I got to that part of the story, the only bad thing is that I got to the part where Nav pretends to be a servant and from there there are several somewhat boring parts, after that mission I think he orders to build his little fortress and spend the debacle with Candance

11604614
Yeah, and it's all complete and utter nonsense.

Sweet. An update. This story is a large part of why I still come back at this point so that's always a pleasant surprise.

Seems Celly's more cunning than ever since shedding several thousand years of paranoia.

11623523
Well, no accounting for taste. If you don't like, there are plenty of other stories on here.

11626655
I was referring to the loud house. It's not on here. Read a chapter, it really is nonsensical

11628455
Ah, okay. Sorry about that! Thought you were talking about this story.

So this other one, on a scale of one to 'chimp with a typewriter,' how bad is it?

11632193
It's written legibly and in English.
But besides that...

Yessssss can't wait for the next chapter!

11612594
It's robotic; Like someone took a picture and asked an AI to describe it, using questionable words such as 'Could' instead of 'Can', 'Will' and 'Would'
Other than at the very start of the description with 'presumably', nothing here has any personal attachment to how it's described.

If It was writing an essay about the landing pad for Skyhold, it would likely read somewhat like this.

Login or register to comment