• Published 27th Sep 2019
  • 27,130 Views, 3,937 Comments

Dear Princess Sunbutt - 2Merr



Anon takes over Spike’s job of transcribing Twilight’s friendship reports. He does exactly what you’d expect.

  • ...
55
 3,937
 27,130

PreviousChapters Next
Letter 60

Dear Princess Cellulose,

Today I learned that photosynthesis is an extremely painful process when performed by mammals.

Like I do every year, I was wandering the Badlands before the winter solstice, but I didn’t bring enough food with me. I hadn’t accounted for my total lack of self-restraint when it comes to eating, and as a result, I ran out in the middle of my trip. I didn’t want to eat bugs because I guess I have standards now, so I decided to forsake all laws of nature and turn myself partially into a plant.

However, I remembered what you said about using untested spells, so I cast it on a shrew first. It turned green, grew some leaves, and then ran off, so I thought casting it on myself would be k. It was not k.

The following hours were the most excruciating of my entire life. I was in so much pain that I even tried scraping my own leaves off; that only made it worse. But as bad as the physical pain was, the psychological pain was infinitely worse. My mind had become more plant than pony. Every leaf was a new piece of my soul, and as I tore each one from my body, I began to bleed. Plants were not meant to bleed, Celestia.

The lingering effects will fully subside by tomorrow. I swear I will only use standard spells from this day forward, or until I inevitably repress this memory and go back to fucking around with perverse magic.

Your blight of the world,
Twiggie Smalls


She’s started talking to plants when she thinks no one else is around. I would be concerned, but the topics are hilarious. She’s been trying to comfort Spike’s lima bean because it hasn’t germinated yet.

Love, Anon

PreviousChapters Next