• Published 27th Sep 2019
  • 27,042 Views, 3,937 Comments

Dear Princess Sunbutt - 2Merr



Anon takes over Spike’s job of transcribing Twilight’s friendship reports. He does exactly what you’d expect.

  • ...
55
 3,937
 27,042

PreviousChapters Next
Letter 99

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that there is a difference between girls and grils. I always thought Anon was saying and spelling the word incorrectly to be silly, but they are actually different words, with grils being a subset of girls in the human lexicon.

Girl retains the definition we are all familiar with; gril expands upon it. In other words, all grils are girls, but not all girls are grils. It depends entirely on one’s familiarity with and attractiveness to the “speaker,” if you will.

For example, there are two ponies that are complete strangers to me. Pony A finds me attractive, and Pony B doesn’t. I would be a gril to Pony A, but a girl to Pony B. If I am familiar with the two ponies, then I would only be a girl to both of them, never a gril, regardless of attraction.

I hope I’m explaining this well. The way Anon’s species uses language is so complex and interesting. I might create my own dictionary of human words soon. I’ll make a copy for you when it’s finished.

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle

PreviousChapters Next