• Published 12th Apr 2021
  • 2,717 Views, 746 Comments

Good Morning Equestria - Quoterific



Equestria's newest chat show to all creatures

  • ...
9
 746
 2,717

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 39- Let's Rock

"We are joined by my best-est sisters in the world!" Pinkie said before clasping Marble by the side, "Not just you Marble, but also Limestone Pie and Maud Pie. Say hello to every creature, and every creature say hello to everypony!" Both creatures and ponies looked at each other with uncertainty, with the exception of Limestone who just huffed and folded her forelegs.

"Don't worry about Limestone," Pinkie encouraged the others, "She is more lime than stone sometimes, but Maud is super excited to be on the show! Look at her face. I've never seen her like this before. The last time was when me and my friends made rock candy necklaces together." The others turned to face Maud's usual blank face. Gabby leaned over to Autumn to whisper in her ear.

"I think she is more Rock than Pie," Gabby whispered, causing Autumn to snicker. Gabby turned away to find her face to face with an annoyed Limestone.

"Gaze into these eyes, griffon," Limestone warned, "Hurt one of my sisters and I will give you a piece of my mind. You got that?" Gabby gulped and simply nodded.

"I like all of you in the room," Maud spoke in her monotone voice, causing every head to turn to her, "The variety of creatures in the room reminds me of the deposits made upon layer layer over time. We are a layer each and we make up a beautiful thing that is all together sturdy and precious."

"Okay," Silverstream scratched her head, "That was deep." Autumn on the other hand was buzzing.

"Like the way the light shimmers off everything, like it all suddenly woke up the moment you saw it and everything is connected in its own little magical way. That we are a part of the everything. That maybe there's just one thing and we are all it?" Autumn smiled a big goofy smile.

"I like you," Maud said plainly, "We should write poetry sometime. I write poetry too."

"Really?" Autumn, "What do you write about?"

"Sedimentary resonance, erosion and weathering," Maud answered.

"Right," Autumn said slowly.

"See?" Pinkie smiled happily, "You're bonding already!" Limestone just huffed and folded her arms.

"You are totally like all the other griffons back at Griffonstone. All tough and hard to crack," Gabby noted. This only cause Limestone to huff again in annoyance. Pinkie just came over to defuse the tension.

"She's just jealous 'cause I'm getting married and Maud has a boyfriend now," Pinkie giggled as Limestone shot her a glare.

"I'm not jealous! Who said anything about jealous?" Limestone tried to act innocent, but the others saw right through it, "Besides, Marble had a crush on Big Mac before he went with that Sugar Belle mare from Starlight's Old Village." Marble blushed at that.

"You just need somepony to chisel away that hard exterior and find that gem inside of you," Silverstream teased. LimestoneThat we are a part of the everything. That maybe there's just one thing and we are all it. Limestone only sank deeper into her seat.

"Somepony who could erode your sharp cliffs and smooth you out," Autumn added in.

"Somepony who could be the diamond of your eye," Gabby chipped in.

"The gravel in your hoof," Pinkie added her own two bits.

"I like these rock puns," Maud simple said, "I should add them to my next love poem on rocks. I particularly like your joke Autumn, because limestone is a common cliff rock that is easily eroded due to the saltwater."

"I get it!" Autumn said, "Limestone, erosion and love!"

"May the ground swallow me whole," Limestone said with both hooves holding her face.

"Ponyville isn't on a sinkhole spot, due to lack of underwater reservoirs in the area," Maud explained. The others laughed.

"You know what I mean!" Limestone growled.

"I think we are going to take a break here. Hopefully Limestone will relieve some of the pressure," Pinkie winked at the pun.

Limestone was going to have a long day.

PreviousChapters Next