• Published 12th Apr 2021
  • 2,692 Views, 746 Comments

Good Morning Equestria - Quoterific



Equestria's newest chat show to all creatures

  • ...
9
 746
 2,692

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 16- Dive Right In

"You join us here in at Saddle Lake, just outside Ponyville in the lovely weather for something really special today," Pinkie Pie announced, "We well be testing Silverstream's pearl magic to see what it feels like to be underwater for the first time! Don't worry, Twilight managed to cast a spell on the microphones to be waterproof and safe underwater so you can still hear everything going on!"

Silverstream transformed into seapony form and beckoned Marble to join first. "The magic is easy to understand. The pearl piece draws in water magic from it's surroundings, either near on under the water, and converts it into something beneficial for creatures that cannot breathe underwater. I'm not a Twilight when it comes to this sort of thing, but it's the best that I can explain it."

Marble hesitated, but Pinkie quickly comforted her sister. "It's okay. You'll like it! It's just like flying with wings and with fins instead! Just ask Scootaloo when she got back from the CMC's map mission!" She latched onto Marbles face when explaining the CMC's tale. Marble nervously walked to the edge of the lake, then swam to the middle to join Silverstream, who had a claw out to her.

"Hold onto me now so that the magic has something to link to," She instructed as Marble did as she was told. Silverstream activated the pearl and they were surrounded by a burst of light before Marble found her hind legs had become tail fins, with matching fins on either side of her body."

Marble simply waved her new tail gently with a content smile.

"Seriously?" Pinkie shouted from across the banks, "You're like Fluttershy when she got her tail. You need to do it like this." She then jumped in and gave Silverstream her hoof. With a similar dash of magic, Pinkie was a seapony as well. She began doing somersaults in the water and leaping out to do flips as well. "Look at me! I'm a dolphin!" She said as she did a dolphin impression, "Gabby! Autumn! You have to try it!"

Both the kirin and griffon looked at each other before sighing and shrugging. Whilst Autumn swam across to them, Gabby chose to fly just above the water before settling. Both held a hoof and talon to Silverstream, which Silverstream grasped back.

"I haven't done it to a kirin, nor a griffon before, so this is going to be interesting. I mean, it did turn Spike into a pufferfish before!" Silverstream giggled as the two other creatures looked at each other nervously. They were literally thrown into the deep end here.

"Three, two, one," Silverstream counted down before Autumn and Gabby were surrounded by magic. When the magic dissipated, both got to see their sea creature forms.

Gabby, being a griffon, and so had a predatory background, had a form similar to a shark. Her beak was replaced with a snout with a dorsal fin and two large outward fins on either side. Her feathers were replaced by a grey rough skin for a more streamlined effect, much like Silverstream's scales. Her talons were also replaced with outward appendages for grabbing hold of things.

"This...Is different," Gabby said as she tried her new appendages. She then turned to Autumn.

Autumn's form was the equivalent of a sea dragon, her back legs were fused to become a single hooked tale, her scales reflecting the water's surface. The fur became elegant fins that swayed in the waters' current.

"This. Is. Amazing!" Autumn cried out with joy. Water feels amazing and different. They all took a dive under the lake.

"Well, despite the fun, it is time for us to come to an end," Pinkie said underwater, "We will send pictures of our form by the Foal Free Press at Ponyville's Day School so don't miss out! See you all on dry land!"

Author's Note:

Gabby's seapony form was inspired by the fanart Let Me Show You Something Cool by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen

I imagined Autumn's form similar to this type of sea horse relative.

PreviousChapters Next