• Published 12th Apr 2021
  • 2,695 Views, 746 Comments

Good Morning Equestria - Quoterific



Equestria's newest chat show to all creatures

  • ...
9
 746
 2,695

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13- Spitting Motivation

“Dear listeners,” Pinkie introduced, “I am so excited to introduce a very special guest on This Morning Equestria. She has agreed to take her time off to join us for a special chat. I am talking about Captain of the Wonderbolts, Spitfire!” Pinkie excitedly said out loud.

“I would prefer to shout at ponies and blow my whistle,” Spit indicated, “But I wouldn’t say no to joining on this morning’s chat.”

“So,” Silverstream added, not thinking about what she might be in for, “What does it take to be a Wonderbolt? I had this dream once when the Tree of Harmony called us that Rainbow Dash gave me a badge for it!”

At that Spitfire’s eyes narrowed. She turned to the hippogriff with a steely gaze that made Silverstream pause. Sweat began to poor as Spitfire scooted closer to her and measured her up. Pinkie had her usual smile, though she may know what Silverstream was in for. Gabby was uncertain to roll the advertisements or see where this might go. Autumn Blaze was also sweating at Spitfire’s gaze since she was in Spitfire’s radius. Marble thought that ducking under the table was a suitable idea.

“So you think you got what it takes to be a Wonderbolt, rookie?” Spitfire asked sharply.

“Yes?” Silverstream said with an unsure tone.

“You think you can be the best there is?” Spitfire added.

“I…Think so,” Silverstream hesitated.

“Well let me tell you something,” Spitfire paused before taking a big breath, “YOU’VE GOT NOTHING!” Her voice echoed around the studio.

“You must be ready to flap those wings like you have never flapped them before! You must be ready to face the most difficult of weather head on! If you don’t get the right training, you will end up in a full body wing-and-hoof cast DRINKING THROUGH A STRAW!”

“Spitfire-“Gabby tried to cut in.

“I’M NOT FINISHED!” Spitfire piped, “And what about you there, griffon? Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Wonderbolt? Do you have the right potential to make it to the top?”

Gabby paused with a gulp before looking at her trembling hind legs, “Nope.”

“Why don’t you run along with the Crusaders? They will find a new purpose that isn’t Wonderbolt business,” Spitfire said in a hushed tone. Gabby gulped. Spitfire then turned to Silverstream again.

“Listen. I get it, kid. I used to be like you, telling myself that I could touch the sky, and chase that horizon like there’s no tomorrow. However, I’ll tell you this,” Spitfire was practically face to face with the young hippogriff, “Get going on those laps, or the laps will lap you up. You got that?”

“Yes, ma’am,” Silverstream quivered.

“And as for you ground-bound ponies and creatures,” Spitfire turned to a pale Autumn, “You think you’re hot stuff do you? Think you can burn and sing? Well make sure you keep burning or be burnt out.”

“Right,” Autumn said slowly. Spitfire turned to an uncertain Pinkie Pie.

“You think the party is going to last forever? You think you can sing the songs and blow the balloons? Well I tell you this. You either party hard or get party pooped.”

Pinkie nodded her head furiously. Marble then lowered her head down to the table to meet a trembling Marble’s eyes.
“You come from a rock farm do you? Well I don’t see anything rock hard in here.” She jabbed a hoof at where Marble’s heart is.

“I see a hard lump of gold on the inside, but you must expose that gold on the outside.” Marble just nodded weakly.

“And to you fellow listeners, listen up,” Spitfire ordered down the microphone, “GET GOING ON THOSE LAPS! This is no ordinary marathon you are all running on. This is the marathon of life. When the going gets tough, you got to be tougher!”

PreviousChapters Next